Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Escape Trailer (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f54/escape-trailer-34563.html)

Behrouz 08-01-2008 05:11 PM

Does anyone have any information on the Escape Trailer? Quality, pricing, ordering process, pick up from Canada, taxes, etc. I am interested in one built have no idea where or how to start to obtain one. Thanks,

Deb & Chuck 08-01-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have any information on the Escape Trailer? Quality, pricing, ordering process, pick up from Canada, taxes, etc. I am interested in one built have no idea where or how to start to obtain one. Thanks,
We just got a brochure from the owner of Escape Trailers, ( Reace), last month at the Oregon Gathering where he had some of the Escape trailers on display. It says this in the brochure: Introductory base price for the Escape 5.0 is $25,500.00 ( Canadian dollars), you pick it up at the factory in Chilliwack, BC. Look at their web site for more information too: https://www.escapetrailer.com

Good luck!

Anne H 08-01-2008 06:02 PM

The website is a great reference - they also have a 17 foot travel trailer (that's what I got).

Of course, anyone who owns an Escape will tell you that it's the very best trailer (for sure, I will!) - you can probably search the forums here for quite a few posts on various topics concerning the Escape trailer. I think it's generally considered a pretty high quality trailer.

Ordering is pretty easy - if you want something that you don't see on the website, just call them - they're really accomodating. Paying was very easy - they're used to dealing with us South of the Border types. Since I was at the factory when I ordered, I just gave them a check for the deposit and then wired the rest from my bank before I picked it up. The bank took care of all the currency conversion.

Coming across the border was also very easy - no paperwork - although it'll save you some time on the Internet navigating Canadian government forms if you remember to pick up the GST (General Sales Tax??) forms at the border crossing so that you can get reimbursed the Canadian Sales Tax (as I recall when I bought, it was a little over $1,000 - but you get it all back). Remember to get several 'original' sales receipts from Escape - I needed one original to send back with the GST reimbursement form and another original to get my trailer registered in OR.

You'll have to check with your DMV to get a temporary travel permit (at least in Oregon I had to actually have the trailer before they'd give me a registration and a license plate - even though I already had all the paperwork that they used later). In Oregon, they give you a 10 day permit which doesn't actually start until you actually pick up the trailer - so that was plenty of time (I took a little trip in my brand new trailer before heading home).

The nice folks at Escape Trailer even booked me into a local campground for a night so that I could get organized and try things out for a night before I got too far away - very convenient!

Good luck in picking a trailer!

Glenn Baglo 08-01-2008 07:09 PM

I just took delivery of my Escape 17 a week ago and I'm looking forward to its maiden voyage. Towing it home with my RAV4 V6 was no sweat.

I bought it so naturally I think it's the best. But, for a second opinion, my fly fishing buddy, who does corporate interior design and knows good materials and workmanship, was very impressed.

Tammy and Reace will make you a happy camper and ensure you get the trailer you want.

Ask about custom options that aren't on the options list. I had a hatch installed for access to the under seat storage and really appreciate it. It's holding my chocks, wood blocks for the stabilizers, water hose, 1 lb. propane tanks, hatchet and axe.

I'll have more to report next week. I'm taking my lap-top for on the road reports.

baglo

Allan Bornestig 08-01-2008 11:29 PM

Hello Behrouz.

We have production number #35.Bought in 2005, been happy ever since and have no plans to ever sell it.Ours is a 17 and I do believe that is the big seller.

We have taken it to Arizona southern California, Nevada desert, Oregon coast and around British Columbia never had any problems.It is just the two of us and the foxterrier Lola.

Happy to see another trailer like the Escape ending up in North Vancouver (Glenn Baglo) welcome to the club.

Allan Bornestig.

Greg Conly 08-02-2008 01:47 AM

I picked up my Escape 17 a few days ago too. I even saw Glen's Toad in its pollywog stage sitting there waiting.

I too am very happy with mine. It pulled great all the way from Chilliwack up to Mount Robson, via Barkerville with the RAV. There were some pretty steep climbs, did I say that there were some pretty steep climbs, and I got better than 17 miles per imperial gallon on the uphill side. I never bothered checking the gas heading back to Olds. That was all downhill.

Reace and Tammy are great to work with, although I would not turn my back on Tammy if she was holding a pail of water.

Quote:

Alf S. 08-02-2008 05:36 AM

Hi: All...Now you are making me envious...as we never got to deal with Reace and Tammy!!!
Once I viewed an Escape 5.0 in S.W. Ontario I knew it was the "Escape Hatch" for us. The plunge from 13'er to 19.5' was scarry but once done it is everything we need. It tows easier than our Boler and for almost the same mileage...so who can complain!!! The fit and finish are superior to most and the attention to details is very apparent.
We seem to cause a stir where ever we go and people driving past, have even turned around to come back to have a look :thumb
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie :wave

Donna D. 08-02-2008 06:01 AM

I know without a doubt there is going to be an Escape 5.0 in my future. Everyday that "future" gets closer and closer. I've had the pleasure to meet both Reace and Tammy at a couple of Oregon Gatherings and have toured many Escape trailers. I've always been impressed with the fit and finish of the trailers and believe it to be an excellent value for the money.

Not to snatch a sale away from Reace and Tammy, but there are currently two Escapes for sale on this forum. Both are practically brand-new and would save a buyer not only dollars, but the wait time. Hitch up and go camping right now!

New Escape 5.0 for sale in Oregon

2008 Escape Trailer - Plan B for sale in Grande Cache Alberta

:wave

Behrouz 08-02-2008 09:20 AM

Thanks everyone for confirming my thoughts on Escape trailer. For those who have bought a 17' model, did you pay the same price that was on their website for the unit, or was it negotiable. If negotiable, what percentage were you able to go below listed price? Thanks,

Allan Bornestig 08-02-2008 04:16 PM

Hi again Behrouz

We paid the asking price, being factory direct and no salesman to argue with.
Added some options and took delivery at a time that suited us i.e. six months later i January.

Allan.

tom swim 08-02-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks everyone for confirming my thoughts on Escape trailer. For those who have bought a 17' model, did you pay the same price that was on their website for the unit, or was it negotiable. If negotiable, what percentage were you able to go below listed price? Thanks,
We picked up our 17' Escape in 9/07. Paid the quoted price and did not try to haggle. We are very pleased with the trailer having now taken approx. 5-6 trips. Reace and Tammy are great to deal with and we encountered no problem in bringing the trailer back into WA.

Glenn Baglo 08-02-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

We picked up our 17' Escape in 9/07. Paid the quoted price and did not try to haggle. We are very pleased with the trailer having now taken approx. 5-6 trips. Reace and Tammy are great to deal with and we encountered no problem in bringing the trailer back into WA.
I didn't dicker. I was just trying to get my deposit in before two others so I could get July delivery.
Last I looked at their site they were offering a reduction for orders during their fall/winter production schedule when fewer people are thinking of camping.

baglo

jagrant 08-03-2008 12:16 PM

we bought our 17' Escape - plan B this April. We camped the 1st night at the factory and when Reace tows the trailer down to the border (about 15 miles) you do not have to deal with any taxes(Canadian, not state) at all. We love it, we tow with a Ford exp sport v6 and have three trips under our belt. We also just paid the list price and they were more than happy to make any changes we wanted. Also, our cat has lots of places to hide in, but she love's standing on the half closet ready to ponce out the screen door if we let her.(we don't, but she got out once anyway). Best thing to do is call them and find one close to you and go see it. We have shown three people our Escape in our front yard.

good luck...jim&sharon

Dirk Lewis 08-07-2008 06:53 PM

I took delivery of my new Escape 17' about one month ago (likely shared shop space with Glenn and Greg) and it's amazing. The folks there are great to deal with (super helpful - didn't have the bucket of water experience though) - the attention to detail and the assistance with options was superb. Didn't dicker on price either (factory direct).

Now I just have to figure out an appropriate name for my new home.

Cheers,
Dirk

Carol Ann G 08-28-2008 01:53 AM

Is the Escape a four-season trailer? I mean, will you do okay if the weather gets really cold?

Doug P. 09-27-2008 08:18 PM

Just put my name down for the NEW Escape 19, should be ready this coming up spring/summer.
Reace and Tammy are great people to deal with, they will work with you to make the trailer you
want. Paying the asking introductory price and I think after seeing the factory twice the quality is
worth every penny.

LindaK 10-07-2008 12:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Hi: Dirk... How about "Kooten E scape".
Pete and I have now picked up our second Escape 17ft. trailer and we couldn't be happier. We had an older model, decided to go back to another 17ft. Bigfoot, have now come back to Escape and we love our new trailer. We picked it up a couple of weeks ago and are totally impressed with the quality. Much improved over time; why wouldn't it be? Reace listens to his customers and incorporates all of the best ideas into all of his new models. We have had many trailers over the years and are most impressed with our new 2009 Escape! We love working with Reace and Tammy; they have integrity, a quality product, and add the personal touch. We are thrilled and can hardly wait to start camping!

Rob M 10-07-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Pete and I have now picked up our second Escape 17ft. trailer and we couldn't be happier. We had an older model, decided to go back to another 17ft. Bigfoot, have now come back to Escape and we love our new trailer. We picked it up a couple of weeks ago and are totally impressed with the quality. Much improved over time; why wouldn't it be? Reace listens to his customers and incorporates all of the best ideas into all of his new models. We have had many trailers over the years and are most impressed with our new 2009 Escape! We love working with Reace and Tammy; they have integrity, a quality product, and add the personal touch. We are thrilled and can hardly wait to start camping!
The tow vehicle and trailer look good together, I like that the grey stripe matchers the 4runner

Rob M 10-07-2008 02:28 PM

Does it have a lift on the trailer.... looks like it

Alf S. 10-07-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Does it have a lift on the trailer.... looks like it
Hi: Rob... Our 5.0 5th. wheel has a 2" lift as determined by Reace to fit over a full size P/U truck with extra leaf H/D suspension.

LindaK 10-07-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

The tow vehicle and trailer look good together, I like that the grey stripe matchers the 4runner
We liked the option of being able to have our trailer match our tow vehicle. Just one more way that Reace has listened to his customers. Another great thing that we love with our Escape is that even with the 4-Runner, which is narrower than a pickup truck, we don't need extra mirrors. The Escape is narrow enough that we don't need to bother with that added hassle when towing. Hardly know it is behind us; light and easy! The quality is what matters the most, however, and it definitely has that! We love it!

Glenn Baglo 10-07-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

We liked the option of being able to have our trailer match our tow vehicle. Just one more way that Reace has listened to his customers. Another great thing that we love with our Escape is that even with the 4-Runner, which is narrower than a pickup truck, we don't need extra mirrors. The Escape is narrow enough that we don't need to bother with that added hassle when towing. Hardly know it is behind us; light and easy! The quality is what matters the most, however, and it definitely has that! We love it!
Leslie likes to tell people that we had to buy the new RAV so we could let Tammy know what color to do the graphics on our new trailer. Nice match by the way. And, just to go that further step, Tammy had the "Toad" name done up by the graphics company and had it in place when we picked up the trailer.

As for mirrors, I can get away without them, but, I did buy an extension mirror that sticks to the RAV mirror with suction. I only bought one, for the driver side. What it does for me is allow me to see further up the road behind me so that if I need to pass another vehicle, I can ensure that there isn't another vehicle overtaking me at 130 kph. The stock RAV mirror tells me the road is clear for maybe 100 feet. The auxillary mirror allows me to see a quarter mile. I'll probably get another for the passenger side so I can see, for sure, that I'm safely past the vehicle I'm overtaking and that there isn't an idiot who has ducked into the right lane to pass me.

Can't remember the name of the mirror. I threw the instructions away, but you turn a knob on the back of the suction device and it clings to the mirror. Has a safety strap in case you don't trust it. It does vibrate some, but so would you, hanging out the side of the RAV at 110 kph.

I'll likely get another and let you know the brand and source.

baglo

jeffz 10-08-2008 10:20 PM

Well we just are about to pick up our new 2009 Escape and I have to echo that Rease & Tammy are great to work with.. We looked at a couple of different trailers and we're impressed with the overall room and layout of the Escape 17ft. I not too sure if this helps anyone but we put together some information on how we came to the decision to purchase the Escape.. https://zimodecast.com/?p=82

We pick it up in about a week... really looking forward to it...

LindaK 10-08-2008 11:47 PM

Thanks for the info, baglo.

Please keep us all posted on the mirrors. We take our first real trip this weekend; looking forward to it. Hope all who post on this site will participate in the gathering in OR in July!

LindaK 10-08-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Well we just are about to pick up our new 2009 Escape and I have to echo that Rease & Tammy are great to work with.. We looked at a couple of different trailers and we're impressed with the overall room and layout of the Escape 17ft. I not too sure if this helps anyone but we put together some information on how we came to the decision to purchase the Escape.. https://zimodecast.com/?p=82

We pick it up in about a week... really looking forward to it...
Pete and I saw your trailer when we picked ours up. You will love it. We have tried many different varieties; have done tons of research, and nothing beats the quality, the ability to personally customize, and the ease of towing (not to mention the personal attention of the owners!) of the Escape. It just keeps getting better, too! It is exciting to watch the development of a company; it is a model that we wish more would follow.

Happy trails!

Cam A 10-09-2008 05:02 AM

What a thorough analysis of 17 's, all in one place! It will be very useful for folks trying to work through which 17 fits best. Those favoring the Escape should keep in mind that the falling Canadian dollar (.89 to the US yesterday) will improve the price point. Thanks for your contribution, and please keep your site up/available.

jeffz 10-17-2008 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all...

First of all I want to publicly thank Tammy & Rease for showing us their kindness and patience through the initial pick-up of our new 2009 Escape Plan "B" trailer with modification. We are complete newbies and Rease/Tammy really went the extra mile explaining everything to us.. We spent over 6 hours with them (lunch included).. It was raining outside and Rease set-up the Weight Distribution Hitch and made sure we were completly comfortable with how it towed.. He even did a test drive with me!!

Anyway we love the Escape and right now are outside Yakima Wa.. yes it's day 5 the trailer and we are getting it down..

If you're ever in this area, highly recommend the Yakima Nation RV resort.. it's next about 14 mi outside of the Wa wine country.. perfectly located and quiet..

Thanks to everyone who helped us in our decision making process.. it really has worked out

jeff, liana & shiba (the wonder dog)

GORDON C. 10-20-2008 11:50 AM

SINCE MOST OF THE RESPONDERS HERE ARE FROM THE COLD CLIMES, HOW WELL INSULATED ARE THESE? I KNOW THAT SOUTHERN CALIF DOESNT HAVE ITS SHARE OF SNOW, BUT I LIKE TO HEAD TO THE SIERRA'S FOR FISHING DURING COLD SPELLS.

WHAT ARE THE EXPERIENCES OF TOWING THE 19? I HAVE THE EXPLORER WITH A 6 AND TOW PACKAGE.

THANKS ALL

GORDON

Doug Mager 10-20-2008 02:32 PM

Can't speak on the insulation value, but one might consider the sales aspect alone.
IMHO: IF these weren't quality trailers (all way round), they wouldn't be selling so many of them.

Reace used to tow his 17 around with a little Mazda (or wuz it a Ranger??) pick up!!

jeffz 10-23-2008 10:12 PM

Gordon:

We just picked up our Escape on Oct 13th in BC.. The first night in Chilliwack it was 34 degrees (at about 7:00am) we didn't have the furnace on and it was about 45 degrees in the trailer.. We have the extra insulation and dual pane windows.. Once we turn on the furnace it immediately warmed up the Escape.. We then were in Bend Or where it got down to 25 degrees, this time we had the furnace set and it probably kicked on around 4 or 5 times that night (we had set around 58 degrees)..

We're from the SF Bay Area and really not too used to the cold.. I think the Escape handles the cold quite nicely.. We used our little ceramic heater more than the furnace to heat the trailer as it is more than sufficient.. I would definitely opt for the additional insulation & dual pane windows.. it seems to be a minor investment in warmth (from our perspective).. Of course this is our first foray into TT of any type so take it for what it's worth..

Hope this helps..

jeff

Sandra L 10-24-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Gordon:

We just picked up our Escape on Oct 13th in BC.. The first night in Chilliwack it was 34 degrees (at about 7:00am) we didn't have the furnace on and it was about 45 degrees in the trailer.. We have the extra insulation and dual pane windows.. Once we turn on the furnace it immediately warmed up the Escape.. We then were in Bend Or where it got down to 25 degrees, this time we had the furnace set and it probably kicked on around 4 or 5 times that night (we had set around 58 degrees)..

We're from the SF Bay Area and really not too used to the cold.. I think the Escape handles the cold quite nicely.. We used our little ceramic heater more than the furnace to heat the trailer as it is more than sufficient.. I would definitely opt for the additional insulation & dual pane windows.. it seems to be a minor investment in warmth (from our perspective).. Of course this is our first foray into TT of any type so take it for what it's worth..

Hope this helps..

jeff
:Thanx:
I'm in the process of deciding exactly how to configure an Escape. I have visited the factory and had seen another prior in time. I'm very impressed with the quality and the willingness of both Reace and Tammy to answer questions and give thoughtful advice. They also are very careful so that you do not order items that are not personally needed. To me that speaks of honesty and forthrightness, a quality not always seen these days. What else did you hve done differently( aside from the closet mod)?
Thanks,
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra

Rob M 10-24-2008 03:23 PM

Is the additional insulation a option or does it come with the dual pane windows as a package? What extra insulation do you get, and if it is a separate option, how much is it.

Sandra L 10-24-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Is the additional insulation a option or does it come with the dual pane windows as a package? What extra insulation do you get, and if it is a separate option, how much is it.
I talked to Tammy. She indicated that the extra insulation can be purchased separately. The thermal windows are separate. I'm thinking that I may go for the extra insulation and tinted windows, since I am not a "snow person". However she did say that a Texas customer got both and she was extremely pleased with the fact that she kept cool!
If you are still looking, I would recommend the Escape. You can have extra outlets, lights and wiring placed as well as other modifications. They definitely try to please! Be sure to check out JeffZ's podcast. The date is 10-8-08. It is very informative.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra

jeffz 10-24-2008 10:53 PM

Sandra:

We are so happy with the modification of cutting the closet in half and having it meet the overhead storage. I really opens up the inside and allows our dog more space to turn around in without giving up any storage space.. As for the additional things we added.. We did the tinted windows with dual pane (tinted seems to give more privacy as well) We have the outside outlet which came in handy for my laptop outside.. a 12v internal outlet (so that if we dry camp we can just get a small inverter to run things like hair dryer..) the bike rack (we are avid bikers..) Also Rease added pre-wire for solar (just in case we go that route..)

We just got back from our maiden voyage today.. so we'll have another little podcast with some visuals of how the inside looks with the cut down closet..

Oh yeah we were the test case for putting the air conditioner on top.. which really came out nice.. also we lucked out and got the retractable screen door that replaces the folding panel screen door..

I think that's about it.. anyway the Escape performed flawlessly!

jeff

reinhold m 10-25-2008 07:51 PM

this is a great thread with good info. my family and I have been looking at trailers and the Escape has risen like cream to the top of our short list. e-mails to Escape have been answered promptly and thoroughly by Tammy each and every time and there is even one person in Anchorage (also a member here I've discovered by reading around various posts) w/ a 17' plan B that she was able to refer us to, to go look at - I was impressed with what I saw.

I noticed the addition of the thermal windows and factory window tint to their options page last week (or had just not noticed before) but have not seen anything on the website about the 'extra insulation' - I will have to e-mail Tammy back about that as I think that would also be a desirable addition around these parts... :winter

look forward to reading more from current owners and seeing more posts with pics of the mentioned custom/modified features as we continue towards hopeful FGRV 'Escape-ing' (or is that Eggscape-ing? - trying to follow the leads around here) in the Spring. The real adventure will be going after it and bringing it back. :)

Sandra L 10-25-2008 10:17 PM

Jeff:
FYI: Empty the blackwater tank 1st, followed by the gray to clean out the lines. I enjoyed the latest podcast, but if it had pictures, I couldn't get it on my Mac. However, I saw the comparison movies which were good. Thanks for mentioning the extra insulation. I'm just trying to think of all the details. I'm getting extra outside lights (front , back and driver's sides) for convenience and safety purposes. I'm looking forward to pictures of your trip and the closet mod.
The first Escape that I saw had a rack on the top for the owners' very lightweight boat (folding I think). They also had a TV with a swing arm attached to the fridge cabinet such that it could be viewed in bed or at the small dinette. So many people have come up with such clever ideas.
Enjoy!
Peace and Sunshine

Glenn Baglo 10-26-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

look forward to reading more from current owners and seeing more posts with pics of the mentioned custom/modified features as we continue towards hopeful FGRV 'Escape-ing' (or is that Eggscape-ing? - trying to follow the leads around here) in the Spring. The real adventure will be going after it and bringing it back. :)
All I've done to ours is add a few hooks, using adhesive tape so I can change my mind, installing a paper towel holder ( with adhesive pads ) which I happy with, so I'll probably screw it in place if the adhesive pads start to fail and I added a Dot-it light to the inside of the bathroom door. It provides enough light for a night-time excursion, without disturbing anybody else.

The last thing I want to do is drill a hole anywhere that I might later regret. I've got a few minor things in mind, but, I'm just going to keep them there until I'm convinced that's what I want to do.

I figure a year of camping will help me make additions or revisions that will work for me for years to come. I already ditched the plastic boxes for clothes that I had in the wardrobe. Replaced those with part of a wine rack that will hold 4 bottles and keep them from rolling around. Instead of trying to jam all my pots and pans in the cupboard under the stove, I'm storing my 10" and 12" Calphanon fry pans in a stainless tub that goes under the bed. I'll re-visit the spice rack after the stove cover is installed. It may interfere with my plans.

My point to all this, is, take it easy, no matter what trailer you buy, new or used. Try it out for a while so you can solve problems instead of creating them.

baglo

reinhold m 10-27-2008 03:48 AM

baglo,

sound advice. I didn't make myself clear that I was mainly referring to modifications done by the factory as noted by those who just recently assumed ownership - stuff not [yet?] listed on the Escape website options list.

BUT I also will certainly be looking at those custom things done by owners like yourself with proven tips & tricks to offer. I do agree with you that I likely won't be really fiddling with anything much for quite awhile and will most definitely take it a day at a time. Once that day finally comes. Until then, anticipation! :)

reinhold

Sandra L 10-28-2008 07:40 PM

:wink
Hi Reinhold,
You may wish to check out others modifications and just ask if they will do it. I talked to a 2005 Escape owner who wishes to extend the front dinette passenger side bench to the doorway, eliminating the wardrobe. They have offered to do it, but since he lives in California and likes woodworking, he is going to do it himself. Of course it will have storage underneath the seating. He wants to sit and take shoes on and off near the door, and doesn't care about the loss of hanging space. (I think they use the shower for that). They will also add doors to the seating storage if you like. Enjoy your planning.
Peace and Sunshine,

jeffz 10-28-2008 08:52 PM

I agree with baglo.. we have just gotten our Escape and I'm adverse to drilling any holes in anything until I understand what the heck our needs are.. One great thing is Magnets on the exhaust stove hood.. we bought the ones that are usually used for keys, they make a wonderful holders for anything that has holes in it..(large utensils for cooking) some of the magnets are rated for holding 9lbs.. We're also installing an additional shower curtain so the toilet doesn't get wet during showers.. Other than that is just the typical suction cup madness..

On a side issue I was thinking of hosting a Escape forum and was wondering if anyone thinks that's a good idea..

jeff

Glenn Baglo 10-28-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

On a side issue I was thinking of hosting a Escape forum and was wondering if anyone thinks that's a good idea..

jeff
I do. I do. But, on second thought, a lot of good ideas apply to other eggs as well, and some good ideas lead to other good ideas. I'm not sure there would be enough solutions to problems with the perfect trailer to generate much of a thread. On the other hand, why not?

As for the extra shower curtain, I have to admit that I have yet to take a shower in the Escape. Leslie heads for the park showers, given that option. And with some prodding, so do I. We have used the exterior shower for a quick shampoo.
Still, I don't regret getting the interior shower. I'm sure I'll have to take a shower sometime.

baglo

Ellen Smith 10-29-2008 09:34 AM

We had a shower in our 17 footer and never used it in 2 1/2 years of travel but I'm sure glad we had it. The shower was a great place to store wet items after a dump of rain and we had to make camp. We do all our dish washing outside and store our tubs and water bucket in here when traveling. Then if the shower got a little dirty it was easy to clean out with the shower. Wouldn't have been able to use this space for wet storage if had just the toilet.

Dirk Lewis 10-29-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

We had a shower in our 17 footer and never used it in 2 1/2 years of travel but I'm sure glad we had it. The shower was a great place to store wet items after a dump of rain and we had to make camp. We do all our dish washing outside and store our tubs and water bucket in here when traveling. Then if the shower got a little dirty it was easy to clean out with the shower. Wouldn't have been able to use this space for wet storage if had just the toilet.
BRILLIANT!! I've been paddling lots, hence wet, hence wet gear. Having a heck of a time figuring out where to dry it. (Escape 17' - no bathroom). hmmmmmm

I did get the outside shower though - FABULOUS - use it to wash my cold and sandy feet and shoes after paddling.

I've had my Escape since early July and I truly love it more each day. (I've spent all but about 3 weeks of nights in it since picking it up - home sweet home!)

Sandra L 10-29-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

I agree with baglo.. we have just gotten our Escape and I'm adverse to drilling any holes in anything until I understand what the heck our needs are.. One great thing is Magnets on the exhaust stove hood.. we bought the ones that are usually used for keys, they make a wonderful holders for anything that has holes in it..(large utensils for cooking) some of the magnets are rated for holding 9lbs.. We're also installing an additional shower curtain so the toilet doesn't get wet during showers.. Other than that is just the typical suction cup madness..

jeff
Hi Jeff,
I think I just signed up for it the other day. Great idea! Some of the ideas for the Escape can come in handy for fgrvers as well. Speaking of magnets, I found two magmnetic paper towel holders. The one with the two magnets will fit (I believe) on the side of the range hood. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_19?...tic+paper+towel
Hopefully the link works.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra :goodposting:
BTW, how are you going to rig the shower curtain to keep the toilet area dry?

Ken C 10-29-2008 01:44 PM

Sandra, the podcast photos you were looking for might be here maybe, I dont know for sure, take care
Link Here

Sandra L 10-29-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Sandra, the podcast photos you were looking for might be here maybe, I dont know for sure, take care
Link Here
Thanks Ken,
I don't see the wardrobe closet mod, because I believe the wardrobe Jeff ordered goes from floor to ceiling. Maybe it was a pod with no pictures? :shg
I appreciated the comparison movies that he posted. Hope you found them helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra

jeffz 10-29-2008 11:35 PM

I'm not too sure if this is to anyone interest, but we have photos & some movies of our maiden voyage with our new Escape..

Bay Area Podcast - October 2008

* Link to the post: https://zimodecast.com/?p=86
* Link to Bay Area Podcast: https://zimodecast.com

we had fun..

jeff

Rob M 10-30-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

I'm not too sure if this is to anyone interest, but we have photos & some movies of our maiden voyage with our new Escape..

Bay Area Podcast - October 2008

* Link to the post: https://zimodecast.com/?p=86
* Link to Bay Area Podcast: https://zimodecast.com

we had fun..

jeff
Hi Jeff,
I have a couple questions about your trailer.
Are the tail lights standard or were they special ordered, and the right side access door was that standard?
Rob

jeffz 10-30-2008 11:14 AM

Rob:

Yes the tail lights were standard and so was the sliding screen door (it's their new method of installing screen doors). We really like the new screen as it gives you access to the side wall of the refrigerator if you like to mount/hang something there. Also the AC mounted on top of the trailer gives you the ability to put in a Microwave in the cabinet above the fridge.. For those people requiring AC.. It worked out for us as we are less than 6ft tall so there's no issue..

jeff

Ken C 10-30-2008 05:06 PM

I had a few quick questions when you get some spare time. THe snap covering on the front of the trailer, are those just rock guards? Is your roof A/C a coleman polar cub, The smallest roof model they make that can run off a honda EU2000 generator? Thanks in advance.

jeffz 10-30-2008 06:58 PM

Ken:

The snap coverings are the rock guards..good eyes! I believe the A/C is a Dometic 590 (I should verify w/Rease) and requires a 2.5kw generator.. Regrettably the EU2000 probably can't do it..

jeff

Sandra L 10-30-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Rob:

Yes the tail lights were standard and so was the sliding screen door (it's their new method of installing screen doors). We really like the new screen as it gives you access to the side wall of the refrigerator if you like to mount/hang something there. Also the AC mounted on top of the trailer gives you the ability to put in a Microwave in the cabinet above the fridge.. For those people requiring AC.. It worked out for us as we are less than 6ft tall so there's no issue..

jeff
Jeff:
The tail lights are new. (Since '05). What are the outlets on the outsides of the front dinette benches? Did you get the two or the three burner stove top? I sure looks nice! I posted on the Escape forum.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra :wave

jeffz 10-31-2008 10:12 AM

The outlet in the front of the trailer on the small dinette is an additional cable outlet.. I'm using my laptop as the TV (I have a usb HDTV tuner) and figured If someone wants to sleep in the bed and the other is wide awake (like me) I can read or watch TV in the front..(If we watch a movie/tv in bed we just put the laptop on the fold-out counter next to the sink.. the standard cable outlet is next to the propane gas detector..) Anyway I had Rease put in another cable outlet that hooks off the standard antenna/cable in.. It worked out nicely..

As for the Forum.. I just threw it up there real quick on my site when we we're on our maiden voyage.. just so that Reace & Tammy could get an idea of what it would look like at first.. I wasn't really thinking that people would start registering right away..(ok, I have a walnut brain..)

So, I'll move it over to a real location (not on my site) this weekend.. It will be escapeforum.org.. The only caveat is that you'll have to re-register again..as it makes my life much easier that way.. If people use it great.. if not It's kind-of of a hobby for me so no big deal..

Sandra L 10-31-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

The outlet in the front of the trailer on the small dinette is an additional cable outlet.. I'm using my laptop as the TV (I have a usb HDTV tuner) and figured If someone wants to sleep in the bed and the other is wide awake (like me) I can read or watch TV in the front..(If we watch a movie/tv in bed we just put the laptop on the fold-out counter next to the sink.. the standard cable outlet is next to the propane gas detector..) Anyway I had Rease put in another cable outlet that hooks off the standard antenna/cable in.. It worked out nicely..

As for the Forum.. I just threw it up there real quick on my site when we we're on our maiden voyage.. just so that Rease & Tammy could get an idea of what it would look like at first.. I wasn't really thinking that people would start registering right away..(ok, I have a walnut brain..)

So, I'll move it over to a real location (not on my site) this weekend.. It will be escapeforum.org.. The only caveat is that you'll have to re-register again..as it makes my life much easier that way.. If people use it great.. if not It's kind-of of a hobby for me so no big deal..
Thanks Jeff,
Since I'm not that computer literate, can you tell me if the usb TV tuner has a cable input so that that a tv cable can be run from the TV outlet to the usb tuner?
What a great idea. I'll be looking forward to the new forum.
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra :Thanx:

Paul Braun 11-01-2008 08:52 PM

<blockquote>Since I'm not that computer literate, can you tell me if the usb TV tuner has a cable input so that that a tv cable can be run from the TV outlet to the usb tuner?</blockquote>

A TV tuner USB card will run under $100, they will work with laptops or a desktop and have a connector for a coaxial cable. Two brands I am familar with are Artec and Hauppauge. They usually come with a remote control. Artec has a model under $40

I like the idea of having a seperate cable jack installed near the table, using the TV card with a notebook gives you two functions out of a single device.

Roger H 11-01-2008 08:54 PM

<Moderator Hat ON>

I have deleted a number of posts in this thread that were off-topic and that didn't add any content to this discussion about Escape trailers. This is a valuable thread for Escape owners and folks who may be interested in purchasing an Escape trailer. Please keep your posts on-topic.

<Moderator Hat OFF>

Thanks,

Roger

Sandra L 11-01-2008 09:16 PM

Thank you both. Now I next have to figure out which will work with a Mac. I really like the idea of one thing doing triple duty. I really have learned a lot from this forum. Even though I am hopefully acquiring an Escape, the tips and advice have been sooo helpful.
Peace and Sunshine

Glenn Baglo 11-01-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Thank you both. Now I next have to figure out which will work with a Mac. I really like the idea of one thing doing triple duty. I really have learned a lot from this forum. Even though I am hopefully acquiring an Escape, the tips and advice have been sooo helpful.
Peace and Sunshine
I've been investigating. Future Shop carries a Hauppauge WinTV 950 Hybrid TV Stick. It works with Mac or PC. Go to Future Shop site and search "Computer Add-Ons" or the name of the device. It is a USB TV stick with a hybrid TV tuner/receiver for both NTSC cable analog or over-the-air ATSC hi-definition digital TV. (which means little to me).
But, the sales guy said it's the only one for Mac that they carry. It comes with an antennae or you can plug in cable. Compatible with the new digital format for broadcasting that comes in in Feb. '09. Costs $166.99 here.

Now, I just have to figure out if it's worth almost $200 with taxes so I won't miss the last episode of Survivor. For one thing in summer, when I mainly camp, TV is all reruns, and with this TV stick, I'd have to camp downtown to get cable or an over-the-air broadcast.

I've thought about Sirius sat radio too, but don't want to pay the $15 a month subscription. For now, I just download a bunch of pod-casts from iTunes. CBC, NPR and BBC documentaries and anything else that interests me. Incredible amount of entertainment available for free.

Failing all that, I can look at the camp fire.

baglo

baglo

Frederick L. Simson 11-02-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Can't remember the name of the mirror. I threw the instructions away, [b]but you turn a knob on the back of the suction device and it clings to the mirror. Has a safety strap in case you don't trust it. It does vibrate some, but so would you, hanging out the side of the RAV at 110 kph.
Baglo,
Was it this mirror?
Or, was it mirror #2?

LindaK 11-08-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Hi Jeff,
I think I just signed up for it the other day. Great idea! Some of the ideas for the Escape can come in handy for fgrvers as well. Speaking of magnets, I found two magmnetic paper towel holders. The one with the two magnets will fit (I believe) on the side of the range hood. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_19?...tic+paper+towel
Hopefully the link works.
Peace and Sunshine,
Sandra :goodposting:
BTW, how are you going to rig the shower curtain to keep the toilet area dry?
Sandra, loved your idea about the magnetic paper towel holder. I found the following items at a website and all three are perfect for our Escape! Thanks for the ideas!
Linda
Great Magnetic Paper towel holder; fits perfectly on the stove hood, to the right and above the sink ($15.99):
https://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_magpapertwl.html

Another great find at this site; a magnetic hook strip that fits up inside the right side of the stove hood; it is perfect ($12.99)!
https://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_rovelmag3.html

This item was a pretty good purchase as well; although the towel rings are made of plastic, they fit perfectly on the cabinet door below the sink and also on the wardrobe door. Closeout and not too many left ($7.99):
https://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_cliponrings.html

Glenn Baglo 11-08-2008 05:54 PM

Sorry, missed this one until now. The mirror I have is the first one Tow-N-See. I plan to get a second for the passenger side.

baglo

Sandra L 11-10-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Sandra, loved your idea about the magnetic paper towel holder. I found the following items at a website and all three are perfect for our Escape! Thanks for the ideas!
Linda
Great Magnetic Paper towel holder; fits perfectly on the stove hood, to the right and above the sink ($15.99):
https://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_magpapertwl.html

Another great find at this site; a magnetic hook strip that fits up inside the right side of the stove hood; it is perfect ($12.99)!
https://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_rovelmag3.html

This item was a pretty good purchase as well; although the towel rings are made of plastic, they fit perfectly on the cabinet door below the sink and also on the wardrobe door. Closeout and not too many left ($7.99):
https://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_cliponrings.html
Thanks Linda,
I was wondering how they would fit!
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra

Ken C 11-17-2008 04:34 PM

I did not see the mention of this nice Escape training video. IF you dont own an escape, its a good way to take a look around the trailer. Window shop like i was doing Video Here

Anne H 11-17-2008 06:28 PM

Way Cool! Even after a couple of year in my Escape - I learned a couple of tricks! Yay Tammy!

Mark K 07-07-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

I did not see the mention of this nice Escape training video. IF you dont own an escape, its a good way to take a look around the trailer. Window shop like i was doing Video Here
Thank you for posting this video, Ken!

That tells me a lot about the Escape and I'm VERY impressed with it. Will definitely be checking that out. Kudos to the company for making that video.

yardsale 11-03-2019 03:49 PM

So here is a way to judge the quality of Escape Trailers. What follows is a listing of the current subjects on the Escape Forum. See any bitching?

Battery choices again
Built-in electric heat
What did you do for your Escape today.....
Escape Trailer DMV Registration Fee
I just put my deposit in for an Escape 19
E21 Boondock ready with supplemental...
Shady Camping
Servicing your Dexter Axle brakes or...
Towing a 19 Escape with a Tacoma 2016 wt...
2016 5.0 For Sale, $26,000
2020 Quartzsite Gathering
Ridgeline towing 15A update
Solar power and circuit breakers
Hitch coupler lock
Yippee! A new 21 Escape!

steve dunham 11-03-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardsale (Post 759729)
So here is a way to judge the quality of Escape Trailers. What follows is a listing of the current subjects on the Escape Forum. See any bitching?

Battery choices again
Built-in electric heat
What did you do for your Escape today.....
Escape Trailer DMV Registration Fee
I just put my deposit in for an Escape 19
E21 Boondock ready with supplemental...
Shady Camping
Servicing your Dexter Axle brakes or...
Towing a 19 Escape with a Tacoma 2016 wt...
2016 5.0 For Sale, $26,000
2020 Quartzsite Gathering
Ridgeline towing 15A update
Solar power and circuit breakers
Hitch coupler lock
Yippee! A new 21 Escape!

Trick Question ?

Perryb67 11-04-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardsale (Post 759729)

You drag a 11 year old thread up.

And your point being?

Perry

yardsale 11-04-2019 07:36 AM

Sorry, didn't notice it was so old.