Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Camping, Campout Reports (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Burning Man (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f66/burning-man-44025.html)

hunter42 10-09-2010 08:51 PM

Burning Man

Just wanted to see if ther are many people here who go to Burning Man.
we met a couple people on the way down who are on the board. Saw where someone a couple years ago wanted a fiberglass rv camp.

Bill and Val

Lizbeth 10-10-2010 03:15 PM

I would love to go sometime but I am too old and creaky.

hunter42 10-10-2010 05:06 PM

Never too old

I don't think anyone is too old. It's a lot of fun. A new adventure is just around the corner. The big thing is too stay cool.

gjenkins 10-11-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter42 (Post 226201)
we met a couple people on the way down who are on the board. Saw where someone a couple years ago wanted a fiberglass rv camp.

Bill and Val

I went. Had a great time. I met a woman in a 13' Scamp/Boler and she seemed to be loving it. I finally met Technomadia (Tales from Technomadia) and talked to them briefly. they had a camp.

Me, I do not have a trailer. I want one, but I my criteria are next to unworkable. It has to be about 1000# max ... so I still have some cargo room and stay under my 1400# tow capacity.

Lizbeth 10-11-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter42 (Post 226250)
I don't think anyone is too old. It's a lot of fun. A new adventure is just around the corner. The big thing is too stay cool.

Seriously the heat is what keeps me from going. I don't do heat well.

Cyndi B. 10-11-2010 04:26 PM

Isn't Burning Man in Santa Fe?

Michele B 10-11-2010 05:03 PM

Hey, Bill and Val, glad you made it to the forum, and that you had fun on the playa! I was just thinking about you the other day, and wondering if you'd pop in here.

Gary, I was there this year in my 13' Casita. Maybe it was me? We camped at Summer Lake Hot Springs on the way home, and Eagle's Nest on the way there. On the playa, I was at 8:30 and B.

Cyndi, Burning Man is just outside Gerlach, Nevada....100 miles north of Reno. And the heat isn't really all that bad; I had access to power but only hooked up my A/C once. THe eggs really deflect the heat. But most folks do take generators (quiet ones like the new Hondas or Yamahas, preferably) to help keep the drinks and trailers cold.

gjenkins 10-12-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michele B (Post 226334)
Hey, Bill and Val, glad you made it to the forum, and that you had fun on the playa! I was just thinking about you the other day, and wondering if you'd pop in here.

Gary, I was there this year in my 13' Casita. Maybe it was me? We camped at Summer Lake Hot Springs on the way home, and Eagle's Nest on the way there. On the playa, I was at 8:30 and B.

Cyndi, Burning Man is just outside Gerlach, Nevada....100 miles north of Reno. And the heat isn't really all that bad; I had access to power but only hooked up my A/C once. THe eggs really deflect the heat. But most folks do take generators (quiet ones like the new Hondas or Yamahas, preferably) to help keep the drinks and trailers cold.

Hello Michele, the woman I met was at 2:30 and B. We were at 7:30 and C. I am suprised I didn't see you, as I was looking for 13' trailers all week.

Cyndi, the Santa Fe festival is called Zozobra (The Burning of Zozobra - Official Site). It is not in any way associated with the Burning Man event on the black rock desert Nevada.

hunter42 10-14-2010 07:35 PM

I think what you saw was a Boler. Met a couple from Reno who was in a camp with two Bolers.

We want to go back next year for the 25th. I have a 86 Chevy pick up that has a rebuilt engine and tranny. Our U-Haul is also a 86. I want to paint them the same color.

It would be fun to have a camp of small trailers.

Rarebird 10-15-2010 11:27 AM

It would be lots of fun! When exactly is it? It is a long ride for us, but we have been talking about going for years. A little trailer camp would be the way to go!
Marjie

Tezha 10-15-2010 02:17 PM

If there was a group of little campers, would it be a city?

gjenkins 10-15-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezha (Post 226653)
If there was a group of little campers, would it be a city?

There are hundreds of groups of campers. they are called camps. All part of Black Rock City.

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...GenkcxsO9PDZY= https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:g....31001.jpg&t=1

Rarebird 10-16-2010 02:13 PM

WOWZA!!!!!Great pictures!
That is just amazing, now I HAVE to go!
Marjie

Roger C H 10-17-2010 07:06 PM

It seems to be an attempt at reliving Woodstock:

2010 Theme Camps A

By persons who now have money to make all kinds of interesting and outrageous things.

https://galleries.burningman.com/

gjenkins 10-17-2010 07:15 PM

If that were the case, I never would have gone ... and certainly never returned.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger C H (Post 226883)
It seems to be an atempt at reliving Woodstock:

2010 Theme Camps A

hunter42 01-21-2011 11:44 PM

Anyone going in 2011

Anyone going 2011. We were able to get our tickets on Wed. Val only had to stand in line for 3 hours (on-line). It would be fun to get a small group going. Not sure what we will do for a camp this year.

Bill And Val

Roland H 02-24-2011 10:02 PM

Very Interested but cant do it this year, hopefully 2012. Please post your comments and thoughts after you make it out!
Roland

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter42 (Post 234748)
Anyone going 2011. We were able to get our tickets on Wed. Val only had to stand in line for 3 hours (on-line). It would be fun to get a small group going. Not sure what we will do for a camp this year.

Bill And Val

Rick Mooyman 02-25-2011 04:27 PM

Looked at their website I can find ticket prices but no dates for the event.

Cory Hilby 02-25-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjenkins (Post 226317)
I went. Had a great time. I met a woman in a 13' Scamp/Boler and she seemed to be loving it. I finally met Technomadia (Tales from Technomadia) and talked to them briefly. they had a camp.

Me, I do not have a trailer. I want one, but I my criteria are next to unworkable. It has to be about 1000# max ... so I still have some cargo room and stay under my 1400# tow capacity.

My Compact Jr. weighs about 1,260 so loaded 1,500-1,600 depending how carefully you pack, the tongue weight is light because the kitchen's in the back, and I've pulled it both with my PT Cruiser and my 1987 RAV4. So don't despair!

Annabelle P. 03-06-2011 01:31 PM

Hi Bill and Val,
My husband and I brought our 8' Fireball out to bman from '96 until a few years ago when it was declared unfit for travel. :(

It worked well for us. A step up from tent camping, but without any of the extra comforts of an RV so we still kept in touch with the extreme elements of the desert. I love the dust, heat, cold...!!

We're in the market for a new (or used) trailer, I'm thinking of a Little Joe. But I have been dragging my heels on getting the ball rolling. It'll happen eventually.

Good to see other like-minded folks on this forum!
-Annabelle

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter42 (Post 226201)

Bill and Val