Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   ON | July 13-16, 2012: Bolerama ... (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/july-13-16-2012-bolerama-48442.html)

PaulOWindsor 09-17-2011 07:04 AM

July 13-16, 2012: Bolerama ...

Group : Is there any news circulating yet as to when & where ?

Just curious.

P.

Alf S. 09-22-2011 04:51 AM

Hi: PaulOWindsor...I can't speak for Fred...but probably same time frame... same place!!! We had a great Niagara Wine Escape last weekend...wish you were there.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie :wave

Vivian L 10-08-2011 05:06 AM

check out the boler ama site. July 13 to 16, at Long Beach. They're going to post something in January.
Bizzian.
EggFest is on the 2012 rally map for May 25th weekend in Kingston.

james kent 01-11-2012 07:19 AM

Fred has all the information about the Ontario Bolerama, "The Meet" up and running on his website . See the information on Bolerama.
Hope to see everyone thi year.

james kent 02-01-2012 06:35 PM

for those that haven't seenit on Bolerama

Ontario Bolerama 2012

Shelley Brinacombe 03-01-2012 07:05 PM

Paul O Windsor....Hi Paul...are there many forum members in theWindsor area?
Just wondering, don't see many of the fiberglass trailers around here.

Alf S. 03-03-2012 02:28 PM

Hi: All..."Our Escape Hatch" is booked into site 79 again. Right next to the "Current bush".
Can't wait to see everybody there this year!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie :wave

Joe and Andrea C 05-13-2012 09:11 PM

Music anyone?

We will be there with two other couples from Michigan. I believe we have reserved site 73 and 74. We are bringing our instruments and like to play Irish and old time tunes. Anyone else bringing instruments?

clyle 05-29-2012 09:51 AM

Music & Windsor

Joe/Andrea - I just booked into site 89 (I hope). I play an Irish tenor banjo if the tune's not too fast and my wife is a bit of a penny whistle player. I ALWAYS carry my banjo in the trailer.

Shelley - I'm from the burbs of Detroit. Does that count as being from the Windsor area?

PaulOWindsor 05-30-2012 05:49 AM

Shelley : Are you from Windsor ??

Lyle : I'm bringing my pipes.

P.

Edward Shook 05-30-2012 06:25 PM

talk it up

Well the Wolverines are coming and we Buckeyes are coming so talk it up and lets get a few more from the lower 48 this year. Will post more later the Stanley Cup just started so no Canadians are on line anyway.
Ed

Will M. 05-30-2012 07:19 PM

Ed - this Canadian is multi-tasking - I am surfing the site while watching the hockey game -

Roy in TO 05-30-2012 08:20 PM

Are the Argo's playing?

Andrew GPSMapNut 05-30-2012 08:49 PM

I'm a little confused; on the bolerama website Bolerama information the rate is quoted as $20 for group and $25 for serviced site.
Long Beach fee schedule shows the rate for the serviced campsites as 36/38/40/42 Long Beach - Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority
Now; we would like to come but it's hard for me to plan that far in advance. We (especially my wife who's English is...) are kind of shy so, we would like to be close to the group but not in the middle of it so; a site close to the group would be perfect. Any suggestions for the site numbers?

Roy in TO 05-30-2012 09:30 PM

Andrew,
Fred posted this on the bolerama forum back in March:

Update
Got word from the Park Super he has already taken some reservations for campsites. He is holding a block of sites for us to book. Call Longbeach Conservation Area directly 905-899-3462 for a booking. No online bookings for Bolerama. Same rates for us as last year. When calling mention Bolerama"The Meet". Remember you only need to call the park for a reserved serviced site. Drop us an email if you have made a reservation through the Park. We have a large group site, just email us if your on group site. Helps us to plan the BBQ. Longbeach Park is a great spot for Bolerama's. Everythings close by and a terrific lake view. The staff is thrilled to have us. It's great to get these types of trailers together in one spot and have a memorable camping experience. Summers coming!

From what I can tell, there are not too many sites left showing on the online reservations. The sites that the park is giving to the people that phone in are the bolerama reserved sites that are usually not able to be reserved. The park gives the bolerama people a discount because we bring a lot of people in (i.e. money) and are typically well behaved, not to mention that Fred is a good negotiator. Many come a day early and/or stay late to avoid traffic and make it a mini vacation.

Shelley Brinacombe 05-31-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyle (Post 311104)
Joe/Andrea - I just booked into site 89 (I hope). I play an Irish tenor banjo if the tune's not too fast and my wife is a bit of a penny whistle player. I ALWAYS carry my banjo in the trailer.

Shelley - I'm from the burbs of Detroit. Does that count as being from the Windsor area?

Of course, Detroit/Michigan, is just like home. I'm old enough to remember a hassle free border !!!!! I have many happy memories of times spent in northern Michigan.

Shelley Brinacombe 05-31-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulOWindsor (Post 311387)
Shelley : Are you from Windsor ??

Lyle : I'm bringing my pipes.

P.

Yes, I live in Windsor. I'm new to rv'ing and have not taken my trailer anywhere. I was planning on going to Long Point, but have a chance to visit friends in Calgary, during the Stampede. I will not be back in time. Hopefully I will camp at Arrowhead Park, near Huntsville, in September.

Andrew GPSMapNut 06-08-2012 10:39 AM

Just booked site #159

Now, somebody please tell me, what should we bring other than what we normally take camping?

See you there! :D

Roy in TO 06-08-2012 12:21 PM

I don't know what you normally bring. All I can think of is lawn chairs for the group BBQ.

Andrew GPSMapNut 06-08-2012 12:41 PM

The chairs we have :D but the part I'm not sure of is; what do we bring for the BBQ? I mean, does everybody bring their own food or do we pay for it or...? I've never been to such an even before so, things that may be obvious to many are not obvious to me. :shg