Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Hi, I am.... (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f91/)
-   -   Hi! (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f91/hi-50973.html)

Dennis U 03-29-2012 09:54 AM

Hi!

I bought my '99 Scamp 19' and '03 Tacoma in 2004. I joined this forum in '97 and lurked around for a bit. In the meantime, we have done a bit of traveling with the rig; but the Scamp's primary use is a summer lake cabin. We share a lake lot here in Minnesota with another couple who have been friends for 35 years.

We've had the Scamp long enough that it is time to custom fit it to better fit our needs.

I resently rediscovered the site and plan to Resume my association.

Roger C H 03-29-2012 12:19 PM

Welcome back!

What did you have in mind?

Dennis U 03-29-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger C H
What did you have in mind?

More storage. Filling the space from the side bath to the bunk with a closet and building some type of stoage between the door and the bunk. The small living space in a fiver Scamp works only if you eliminate clutter. These trailers are SHORT on storage space!!! We don't want a bigger RV; but we don't want to step over stuff.

Donna D. 03-29-2012 01:11 PM

Welcome back Dennis, I knew leaving the light on for you would help :wink

Greg H 03-29-2012 06:44 PM

Welcome back and long live those Toyota's.

Mike Magee 03-30-2012 08:03 PM

Glad you stopped in again. ;) I aspire to spend some time on one or more of your MN lakes this June.

Which engine do you have in your Tacoma? Just curious.

Dennis U 03-30-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Magee
Glad you stopped in again. ;) I aspire to spend some time on one or more of your MN lakes this June.

Which engine do you have in your Tacoma? Just curious.

Yeh we have some fantastic lakes and some pretty good fishing.

My Tacoma has the 3.4 liter. I bought the 2003 truck new in late 2004. It was a real find. The dealer sold it to me as a used truck.

Roland H 04-02-2012 08:00 PM

Welcome Dennis

Great to have you on this wonderful site. You will find many ideas and helpful people here.
If you are looking for something to do this summer we have a rally that is not too far from you. Our Manitoba Rally is from 17-19 August at St Malo Provincial Park, only 45 minutes north of the Canada/USA border. We have many Scamp and friends from Minnesota that attend, hope to see you there.

Dennis U 04-02-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland H
Great to have you on this wonderful site. You will find many ideas and helpful people here.
If you are looking for something to do this summer we have a rally that is not too far from you. Our Manitoba Rally is from 17-19 August at St Malo Provincial Park, only 45 minutes north of the Canada/USA border. We have many Scamp and friends from Minnesota that attend, hope to see you there.

Thanks for the invite. That's way in the future for my retirement mode planning system.