Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Modifications, Alterations and Updates (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Dave & Paula's Lil Snoozy mods in progress. (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/dave-and-paulas-lil-snoozy-mods-in-progress-64768.html)

Camper Mom 10-27-2014 01:16 PM

Great idea for the spare time! I have a Snoozy too, the spare tire takes up a lot of space in the storage area...

Night Sailor 10-27-2014 03:03 PM

It just goes to show that the LS is a great platform. Too bad the manufacturer doesn't offer more options and customization.

I think a slightly longer camper on this basic design would be well received. It has so much going for it. Aerodynamics, rear entry, front bed.

I'm glad so many people are making more out of them like you and McDenny.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

David B. 01-21-2015 11:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I just added a Propex Heatsource HS2000 ducted propane furnace under the floor of one of the cabinets. Makes for a clean install. Dave & Paula

David B. 01-21-2015 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More pictures. Intake & exhaust tubes exit through the floor. The intake follows the axle, and the exhaust travels rearward along the frame. Dave & Paula

MCDenny 01-22-2015 01:22 AM

Dave, looks great. What do you think of the noise level compared to a regular RV furnace like a Suburban?

Denny Wolfe
Wanderingourway.wordpress.com

Jeff in Salinas 01-22-2015 08:10 AM

Love seeing these mods. You don't happen to be going to the rally next May in King City, CA - San Lorenzo park? I'm going to check out some FGRV's in person and would love to see a Lil Snoozy in the wild and check out the mods. Snoozy still the top of my list figuring out what I want.

David B. 01-22-2015 08:08 PM

Denny, it's whisper quiet. I don't think it's cycling on/off will wake me at all. Our 2 Scamps Suburban furnaces would cause me to bolt up-wright when it would come on.
Jeff, we won't be going to California in May, but will be in Quartzsite Az. next month if you would care to see a couple hundred fiberglass trailers all in one place, you should come.
I also installed LED strip lights inside our cabinets, activated by magnetic switches. I didn't feel pictures would do it justice, so I didn't take any.
I have been thinking of adding a 4" lift in the not to distant future, for off road camping.
Dave & Paula

TomK 01-22-2015 10:03 PM

Dave & Paula, what a beautiful trailer. I've seen this thread before but have been remiss in not commenting. I can't believe all the storage and counter space you have created in a small trailer. Even with all that it still looks roomy! I think LS ought to offer the Dave & Paula Model, and send you a percentage. I can't wait to see it in person. Wow!!

Tom

David B. 01-22-2015 10:59 PM

TomK, we will be at the Shelbyville gathering in June, so perhaps we will see you there?
Dave & Paula

Jeff in Salinas 01-22-2015 11:45 PM

Wish I could make Quartzsite Dave but still a working stiff, at least for 5.8 more years :-) Till then summers are about only time I can take trips. I'll have to settle for pictures of the great mods. The more details and pics the better. All the things done, or planned like that 4" lift are things I'd want to do also.

TomK 01-23-2015 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David B. (Post 501042)
TomK, we will be at the Shelbyville gathering in June, so perhaps we will see you there?
Dave & Paula

Yes, that's correct. I remember you mentioning that. Looking forward to meeting you two and seeing the Mansion up close. I'm anxious to learn a little bit about AZ too. It's on our short list. :)

Tom

David B. 11-08-2019 05:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
After 5 years and many many hours of living 4-5 months out of LS, we’ve worn out our jack knife sofa. I replaced it with a 51” love seat ( only 2 of us), which left us with room to add a lighted clothes closet/shoe/umbrella storage area, and I added a flexible reading lamp above Paula’s side of the love seat.

charlsara 11-08-2019 10:32 PM

Nice job David.

DonnaMarie 11-09-2019 09:51 AM

Beautiful!! wonderful use of the space Dave & Paula...you guys are amazing!!

CarlD 11-09-2019 11:59 AM

Nice Job, you are really going to appreciate the space. Similar to what I put at the rear of my Lil Hauley. Its where I store my hand held bug zappers.

Al and Cindy K 11-13-2019 04:22 PM

Looks great Dave. Anything to increase storage in these puppies is an awesome mod. Hope you and Paula are doing well and that we can put a trip together that will take us out your way next Spring.

Al & Cindy