Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Hi, I am.... (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f91/)
-   -   Picking up new (to us) Bigfoot. And dang are we excited! (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f91/picking-up-new-to-us-bigfoot-and-dang-are-we-excited-67062.html)

Deadhead517 10-31-2014 06:57 PM

Picking up new (to us) Bigfoot. And dang are we excited!

We're meeting a very nice woman who responded to our Wanted posting 5 weeks ago. She's meeting us tomorrow in Idaho which is a heckuva lot closer than where it lived. It's a 17.5 G, well equipped. My wife and I are taking a week to mosey back to the Seattle area for a shakedown cruise. Given the forecasts we maybe should be looking at arks! Ahh the great Pacific NorthWET! I'll post photos once we're in possession and on the road. I've been lurking here reading posts, gathering info from this wonderful resource, and looking forward to the eggsperience. And looking forward to participating in gatherings. WooHoo!

kootenaigirl 10-31-2014 07:51 PM

What an adventure. Make sure to report back and post pics.

Borrego Dave 10-31-2014 08:22 PM

Good job Alan, congrats. What are you towing with ?

Deadhead517 10-31-2014 09:27 PM

A 2001 Tahoe, 5.3 Vortec. It's heavier than our boat but that tows really easily at 3500#.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Badger 11-01-2014 10:55 PM

Congrats, would love to see pics when you get a chance.

Enjoy your shakedown cruise. It used to be the heart of town. :)

Roger C H 11-01-2014 11:06 PM

Congratulation on the new baby

You can keep on coming right to Elma on the 10th! :D

Deadhead517 11-09-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadhead517 (Post 490076)
We're meeting a very nice woman who responded to our Wanted posting 5 weeks ago. She's meeting us tomorrow in Idaho which is a heckuva lot closer than where it lived. It's a 17.5 G, well equipped. My wife and I are taking a week to mosey back to the Seattle area for a shakedown cruise. Given the forecasts we maybe should be looking at arks! Ahh the great Pacific NorthWET! I'll post photos once we're in possession and on the road. I've been lurking here reading posts, gathering info from this wonderful resource, and looking forward to the eggsperience. And looking forward to participating in gatherings. WooHoo!

Deadhead517 11-09-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger C H (Post 490230)
You can keep on coming right to Elma on the 10th! :D

We reluctantly came home this weekend. Had an incredible time, stopping in Sagel (not the finest RV park on the planet), Coulee City (city park on Banks Lake, beautiful!), Wenatchee (Confluence state park where the Wenatchee and Columbia rivers meet), Quincy (Quincy Inn and Suites for showers since parks shut off most water after Nov 1. Highly recommend it and great pizza 2 blocks north), and Yakima (Sportsmen state park, beautiful). Had great weather the entire trip from the time we hitched up in Priest River. Did not want it to end, especially when we ran into torrential rain from the top of Snoqualmie Pass on down the west side. The trailer towed like a dream, and we feel we found exactly what we were looking for. I'll get some photos posted when I sit down at the computer. Thanks a million to everyone for sharing the information that led to this blessed event.

Deadhead517 11-09-2014 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found the requisite photo of the rig in front of Camping World in Spokane. Day 2, happy happy campers!Attachment 78508