Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   WY | 2016 Rally Map on Google Maps (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/2016-rally-map-on-google-maps-72281.html)

Hidalga 11-04-2015 12:46 PM

2016 Rally Map on Google Maps
 
The 2016 Rally Map is now published on Google Maps.

To include your fiberglass event on the rally map, send the following to me (Hidalga) in a Private Message:
1. Name of Event
2. Date(s)
3. Rally Location (include state & USA/Canada)
4. Link to the FiberglassRV.com thread for more info and updates. (Copy and paste the URL of your thread)
5. Your rally’s Website or other social media link, if applicable.

Please also send any corrections if there is an error on existing listings.

I often have limited Internet access, so please allow up to a week for new listings or corrections to appear.

Byron Kinnaman 11-04-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidalga (Post 557136)
The 2016 Rally Map is now published on Google Maps.

To include your fiberglass event on the rally map, send the following to me (Hidalga) in a Private Message:
1. Name of Event
2. Date(s)
3. Rally Location (include state & USA/Canada)
4. Link to the FiberglassRV.com thread for more info and updates. (Copy and paste the URL of your thread)
5. Your rally’s Website or other social media link, if applicable.

Please also send any corrections if there is an error on existing listings.

I often have limited Internet access, so please allow up to a week for new listings or corrections to appear.

Thanks, but I don't seem to have access. It requires your permission to view.

Hidalga 11-04-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman (Post 557140)
Thanks, but I don't seem to have access. It requires your permission to view.

Sorry about that. It's been a year since the last map was published and I forgot to change the privacy settings. It should be public now.

Byron Kinnaman 11-04-2015 09:17 PM

Works now.

Thanks for reviving this.

M Scott 11-05-2015 06:08 PM

Does Canada have a rally map?

Glenn Baglo 11-05-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Scott (Post 557285)
Does Canada have a rally map?

The map linked is for US and Canada. Just doesn't have any entries. Neither does Texas.:D

Hidalga 11-05-2015 09:40 PM

If you know of rallies in Canada, TX or elsewhere, then please direct the coordinators to this thread for more members interest in their efforts.

Vivian L 11-06-2015 08:58 AM

Eggfestontario 2016
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidalga (Post 557307)
If you know of rallies in Canada, TX or elsewhere, then please direct the coordinators to this thread for more members interest in their efforts.

I just sent you a PM with the information for Eggfestontario 2016 next May in Grafton, Ontario, Canada. I will direct the organizer of Quebec bolerama in September to contact you as well.
Vivian

Hazel in Sk 11-06-2015 07:08 PM

Isn't there supposed to be a Prairie meet? I think it was in Macklin/Provost area last year.

Kathi J 11-07-2015 03:05 PM

I see a map here and one on Casita Forum. If the state were put in front of the date, people wouldn't have to click on each rally to see what state it is in. (if it is not in the title). Thanks.

Hidalga 11-09-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi J (Post 557529)
I see a map here and one on Casita Forum. If the state were put in front of the date, people wouldn't have to click on each rally to see what state it is in. (if it is not in the title). Thanks.

Hi Kathi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I had the opportunity to see the map on a smart phone yesterday, and I see that phones focus more on the list and not the map.

As per your suggestion, I added the states following the date. We found listing the rallies in chronological order of date first is most useful to the majority of users, like an annual schedule of events. We hope you enjoy the visual graphics of rallies across North America on the map!

Kathi J 11-09-2015 01:00 PM

Thanks. I must've missed seeing the state. Sorry. I love the map.

WaltP 12-28-2015 06:39 PM

There are three missing that are regulars.
The Vintage FG rally, this year in Nova Scotia, July
The Ramble in the Hudson River Valley, August
The Cherokee Rally in NC, October
If you know who to contact about listing, please do so.

Walt

And yes, kudos to Hidalga for maintaining the map/list. An invaluable resource.

Donna D. 12-28-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltP (Post 564523)
If you know who to contact about listing, please do so.

Walt

HIidalga shouldn't be chasing folks to add their rally to the map.. they should contact her!

WaltP 12-28-2015 07:25 PM

Oh, I agree. I was just hoping to spur some action on the part of others.

Walt

Hidalga 12-31-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D. (Post 564529)
HIidalga shouldn't be chasing folks to add their rally to the map.. they should contact her!

One thing I learned in the world of entertainment is great productions aren't possible with inept management. The same holds true with rallies.

Thanks for your support, Donna D.

Carol H 12-31-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidalga (Post 564850)
One thing I learned in the world of entertainment is great productions aren't possible with inept management. The same holds true with rallies.

LOL So very true, having done the task of putting together the Rally map for a number of years I bow down to your patience! Thanks for doing it again this year!

Vivian L 02-09-2016 09:43 AM

Hi Hidalga. I just sent you a pm about the vintage meet in Nova Scotia in July for the map.
Vivian

RogerDat 04-04-2016 08:45 AM

Here is the link for the Algonac Michigan Rally in Sept. First weekend after labor day. https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ble-72923.html


Pam organizes that Algonac rally and I would like to thank her for that and Hidalga for the map. I am browsing the map thinking Hmmm who do we know that we might want to visit who just happens to live near a rally.

Hidalga 04-09-2016 05:46 AM

Thanks RogerDat,

I'll have it posted this evening when I get back from work. In regards to visiting friends near rallies, sometimes it works backwards...go to rallies to make new friends who live nearby ;-)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.