Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Headed for Florida (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/headed-for-florida-77874.html)

CindyL 12-20-2016 02:46 PM

Headed for Florida

4 Attachment(s)
The winter sucks in Chicago. On Friday, we are taking our Bigfoot Silver Cloud out to a new campground in Naples, FL for our Xmas vacation. We have gone to Naples KOA for several years, but the noseeums eat me alive, and since the campground is next to a sanctuary, no spraying. Hopefully, there are not so many in this new campground.

Here are a few of our camping buddies and our camper. Off to get some warmth!

CindyL

Mel2016 12-20-2016 03:05 PM

Bugs

Be prepared for extra insects this year. More than normal due to the hurricane and subsequent very mild and damp weather.

I can't wait to hear about the new campground!

Eddie Longest 12-20-2016 04:04 PM

It was 91 deg. F. yesterday in Ft. Myers yesterday. It was 130 deg. F. difference in the feel like temp. between there and some place in MN. yesterday. Make sure your trailer A/C is working.
Eddie

Wacenturion 12-20-2016 05:22 PM

The outside of that "cloud" is sure looking good....... Have a safe trip.

sokhapkin 12-20-2016 05:55 PM

I'm going to take trip to the north soon. I want see snow :-)

mary and bob 12-20-2016 06:29 PM

We are a little northeast of Naples, saw 101 on our outside thermometer yesterday. Swatting mosquitoes right now, INSIDE our trailer. Heard the red tide is on the west coast now.

mary and bob 12-20-2016 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We are slightly inland from the west coast, about 20 miles, and we have had thick fog the last three mournings

steve dunham 12-20-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokhapkin (Post 620509)
I'm going to take trip to the north soon. I want see snow :-)

What a wonderful idea . This is a beautiful time of the year in the North
Cross country skiing, ice fishing , snowmobiling , snow shoeing , outdoor skating , sledding , snowmobile races on open water , Northern Lights and lots more . Beautiful weather , bright sunshine and no bugs

St. Paul Mn has it's annual winter carnival in January , it's worth the trip alone.
If nature doesn't supply enough snow , don't worry , we know how to make more.

CindyL 12-21-2016 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Longest (Post 620502)
It was 91 deg. F. yesterday in Ft. Myers yesterday. It was 130 deg. F. difference in the feel like temp. between there and some place in MN. yesterday. Make sure your trailer A/C is working.
Eddie

AC works. Furnace does not.

CindyL

CindyL 12-21-2016 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wacenturion (Post 620508)
The outside of that "cloud" is sure looking good....... Have a safe trip.

Thanks. Just needs new stickers now. Oh, and a few of the lights still need the Oregon moss cleaned out.

CindyL

padlin00 12-21-2016 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary and bob (Post 620517)
We are a little northeast of Naples, saw 101 on our outside thermometer yesterday. Swatting mosquitoes right now, INSIDE our trailer. Heard the red tide is on the west coast now.

And way up worth of you it was 2.

gypsy elmo 12-21-2016 10:29 AM

Go on line and look for homemade bug repellents,not harmful to the environment.Many ingredients are oils to use. Hope this is helpful!!

CindyL 12-21-2016 12:14 PM

Thanks, gypsy. I have done this year after year. Every time we go to FL, we spend a lot of time trying to find relief for me. Hopefully, changing the campground will help. It is away from the water.

CindyL

OhTom 12-21-2016 05:43 PM

"Be prepared for extra insects this year. More than normal due to the hurricane and subsequent very mild and damp weather. "

My parents live in Naples and were complaining(yesterday) that it has not rained once, since they got there on Oct.11. And they did say it has been hot.
There are always bugs, since it is so tropical. They used to spray there with a DC3 and it would throw me out of bed every time it went over at 4-5 am. I never did get used to that.

My food recommendations;Breakfast at the Cove Inn coffee shop-get the pancakes (oh my-heaven) and I pay the up charge for real maple syrup.
Lunch- take out from Pastrami Dan's A bit salty for me, but I still want one.
Dinner-Alice Sweetwaters for lobster bisque. The Dock-always good. Naples on the Bay Pizza for their margherita pizza (authentic, heavenly, $25 expensive but worth it to me). Bad Ass coffee in the evening to watch people or just go for a walk. If there in the am- get a toasted croissant. No, cancel that, they only get 2 per day and you might beat me there !

Let me know your recommendations, I am sure there are many places I have missed.

Tom and Peg.. We will be there in Jan for a month, but store our egg for our stay. But hope to take a 3 week trip home going up the coast.

CindyL 12-21-2016 07:21 PM

We always eat at O'Donoghue's Bar and Grill on Marco Island, Camellia Street Grill in Everglades City, and spend New Year's Eve at Erin's Island at the Hibiscus Golf Course.

CindyL

CindyL 12-21-2016 08:18 PM

And we have tickets to see Iowa at the bowl!

CindyL

flaco 12-27-2016 10:55 AM

cats

Cindy, Do your cats travel well? Some of ours do, some don't.

CindyL 12-27-2016 03:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We only take the Munchkins. They are OK with traveling, even the 8-12 hour travel days. We put a litter pan, food, drink and some of the carriers in the back of the Expedition. Two are OK with being in the camper, but the male came from a bad situation and is kind of scared. I did see him playing with the newest Munchkin yesterday though. That is a first. She is a Torti and comfortable everywhere, but I caught her by the tail trying to get out the door yesterday. She might have been an outdoor cat in her previous home, so lesson learned. Keep the door shut and watch out for her.

CindyL

CindyL 12-27-2016 03:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the size of a Munchkin. This is Lally, our newest rescue, the Torti who tried to escape.

CindyL

Alf S. 12-27-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 620646)
And we have tickets to see Iowa at the bowl!

CindyL

Hi: CindyL... Looks like you're gonna have to change the name of your trailer to "The Cats Meow". LoL
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:wave