Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   TN | Townsend, TN KOA in April? (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/townsend-tn-koa-in-april-78500.html)

DeanCHS1980 02-12-2017 05:55 PM

Townsend, TN KOA in April?

Hi All,

Last year, Laura and I attended a nice, relatively unstructured rally at the Townsend, TN KOA in April, 2016. I had not heard much about it for this year. I saw on one of the Casita forums that there may be some folks heading there 4/21 to 4/23. Given how beautiful the area is and it is only 240 miles from home, Laura and I have made reservations from Thursday, April 20th to Monday, April 24th.

Anyone else headed there that weekend?

Take care,

Dean

ATHiker 02-12-2017 09:56 PM

We plan to be there Thur - Sun.

Johnny M 02-12-2017 10:26 PM

We went last year and considering going again. Are there sites still available? With regard to it being unstructured, will there be anything social activities such as a pot luck?

DeanCHS1980 02-12-2017 10:31 PM

Hi Johnny,

There are still sites as of Friday. Some sections of sites were already booked, but they had one section of full-hook up sites for $60 per night and another section of electric and water sites available for $42 per night. We went for the electric and water only sites. Those prices do not include a 10% KOA discount.

I don't know about any activities or potlucks, but Laura and I are always interested in participating.

Take care,

Dean

Troy Hawkins 02-13-2017 05:30 AM

Anita and I will be getting there on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 And staying through Monday, April 24, 2017 (5 nights) We are starting to get really excited about the rally season. If I am not mistaken we are planning on going to 3 and hosting 2 RV rallies this year. As for the Townson rally I believe this one is in egg camping club rally, you may be able to find more information on their website / forum.

GregandTeresa 02-13-2017 07:28 AM

Teresa and I will be there, arriving Wednesday and leaving on Sunday. Hope to get a chance to meet y'all,

WaltP 02-13-2017 10:19 AM

I'm registered Wednesday to Monday.

Walt

DeanCHS1980 02-13-2017 10:27 AM

Hey Tom, Troy, Greg, & Walt,

SWEET! Looking forward to seeing you in Townsend.

Johnny, hope you can make it.

Troy, thanks for the information about it being an Egg Camper Club Rally. I will check their site.

See ya in April,

Dean

WaltP 02-13-2017 10:31 AM

Someone please post that website.

Walt

DeanCHS1980 02-13-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltP (Post 627166)
Someone please post that website.

Walt

Hi Walt,

Here ya go:

EGG CAMPING CLUB

See ya,

Dean

Darral T. 02-13-2017 11:48 AM

I'm missing something... I didnt see anything on that site about Townsend 2017? :shg

DeanCHS1980 02-13-2017 11:54 AM

Hey Darral,

Nope, I didn't see anything either, but I did find some other cool rallies for this summer.

Hey, looks like there will still be several of us in Townsend. Are ya coming?

Take care,

Dean

LucyH 02-13-2017 05:58 PM

Pick up our Casita 17 SD in June, but hope to come by and meet/visit for a bit. We live right outside Maryville... 45 mins or so from Townsend. :)

DeanCHS1980 02-13-2017 06:40 PM

Hi Lucy,

Outstanding! Look forward to meeting you. Laura and I have an '05 Casita 17' FD.

See ya,

Dean

LucyH 02-13-2017 06:54 PM

Thank you for the note! I'm looking forward to it!!

R Wilburn 02-13-2017 07:04 PM

Hey Darral you going? Anne & I we be there.

Darral T. 02-13-2017 08:33 PM

Ole Rob! Did you guys make Piney last year? Havent heard from yall in forever. Dunno about Townsend...we were going to then the kids/"grandkids" topic came up and guess what, they dont live that direction. :( ^_^

Tell Anne that where ever she's going...BEHAVE. :D

Looks like ole Piney may have picked up a couple of new regulars- Dean and "Greg & Teresa". Now that I think of it, I may not make Piney cuz they (Greg & Teresa) will be there with that bright and shiney "debugged" ;) Escape 19! And Janice starts getting some wild ideas.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Wilburn (Post 627273)

Johnny M 02-13-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Wilburn (Post 627273)

Hey Rob! Not sure yet if we are going to be able to make Townsend. Are you and Anne coming to Hiawassee this year?

BARNEYCONE 02-14-2017 03:36 AM

I plan to visit sat or sun. Just to look around and meet ya'll,my unit is"down" for re-construction!!! BARNEY BONAPARTE CONE II

GregandTeresa 02-14-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darral T. (Post 627284)
(Greg & Teresa) will be there with that bright and shiney "debugged" ;) ......

Darral, I learned my debugging skills from the master. I just knew if I didn't go ahead and get those bugs off quickly, I was going to walk out one morning and find you up on a ladder :)

Darral T. 02-14-2017 08:48 AM

.......BUGS.....
:PirateSmile:

:thumb :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregandTeresa (Post 627324)
Darral, I learned my debugging skills from the master. I just knew if I didn't go ahead and get those bugs off quickly, I was going to walk out one morning and find you up on a ladder :)

DeanCHS1980 02-14-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BARNEYCONE (Post 627313)
I plan to visit sat or sun. Just to look around and meet ya'll,my unit is"down" for re-construction!!! BARNEY BONAPARTE CONE II

Hey Barney!

Cool beans, look forward to meeting you!!!

Take care,

Dean

BARNEYCONE 02-15-2017 01:13 AM

Dean, likewise! My rig is a white ford f350 dually "cowboy caddy" with cow catcher up front. You must include a tour of "cades cove" while you are there,like a step back in american history. Driving & stopping at key places can take a full day. They ain't no interstate thru thar,as my late mother would saz ,boy you ain't got no english!! Best regards,barney bonaparte cone ii

'

Jon Vermilye 02-15-2017 10:30 AM

I have reservations for the 19th - 23rd. Hope to see old & meet new friends!

Mr.B 02-16-2017 03:55 PM

Faye and I will be there from the 20th to 24th, then thinking of going to the see the ARK in Kentucky

DeanCHS1980 02-16-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BARNEYCONE (Post 627440)
Dean, likewise! My rig is a white ford f350 dually "cowboy caddy" with cow catcher up front. You must include a tour of "cades cove" while you are there,like a step back in american history. Driving & stopping at key places can take a full day. They ain't no interstate thru thar,as my late mother would saz ,boy you ain't got no english!! Best regards,barney bonaparte cone ii'

Hi Barney,

I have done Cades Cove a couple of times and NEVER get tired of it. Would love to do it again in April. Looking forward to the Cowboy Caddy cruising the campground!

Take care,

Dean

Susan J 02-16-2017 10:37 PM

Last year I had to cancel about a month before the rally, so I am really looking forward to being there this year! I think my reservation is for Wednesday to Monday. Year before last I was camperless because I was picking up my Casita in May, but I really enjoyed coming to visit the rally for a couple of days! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Townsend!

Susan J 02-16-2017 10:45 PM

LucyH, I did the same thing year before last and enjoyed meeting a few people. How exciting that you will be picking your new Casita in June. I have the same model and love it! I will be in site 11. Not sure if I will be close to the other eggs, but that is the site they gave me! Lol. Stop by to say hi if you have time!

Holly Gardner 03-04-2017 05:16 AM

I'm scheduled to be in site #55 for 18th thru 22. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks.

Baja Bob 03-09-2017 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We are in. Wed 19th - Sun 23rd.
See you :)
Robert & Robin

ShelbyM 03-09-2017 07:39 AM

It will be interesting to hear what is burned up over there and what is not. Please post reports.

bsedwebt 03-20-2017 07:10 PM

Got a reservation for 4/19 & 20th but not able to get 21/22 as they are full. Any suggestions on nearby overflow campgrounds? If not I guess we will have to move on down the road. Any rally fees? See you there!

Troy Hawkins 03-20-2017 09:09 PM

Bryan, if I'm not mistaken, the next left turn after the KOA grounds is another campground called Tremont Outdoor Resort. There have been people stay there in the past that have attended the rally. You might want to call and make sure that's the one next to KOA.

Iowa Dave 03-20-2017 09:20 PM

It's not all that far up into the park. The
Campgrounds there are pretty decent but not sure there's a lot for amenities. Depends on how you like to camp.
Dave

Dick & Joanne 03-21-2017 03:32 PM

Fortunately/unfortunately we are spending the month of March at this KOA. Beautiful spot on the river but we have to be home by 3 April for various DR appts.
Temps in the 80's today for the first time. Only the third time we have been out of the 60's.

Larry in TN 04-05-2017 10:14 AM

Wild fires

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelbyM (Post 630358)
It will be interesting to hear what is burned up over there and what is not. Please post reports.

Shelby,
I live about 25 minutes from Townsend.
Townsend did not get hit by the wild fires so it should be in good shape.

I don't have a camper but I am hoping to get one by spring of 2018.
Do you know if there would be any opportunity to "peek" in a few campers to get an idea of what we might like?
I will be in Townsend for a natural fibers show at the visitors center with my wife so it would be nice to come by and check things out.

Larry

Jon Vermilye 04-05-2017 10:16 AM

You can certainly peak at my Escape 17B any time I'm at the park - I arrive on the 19th & leave the morning of the 24th. I suspect that most of the trailer owners are open to visits.

Darral T. 04-05-2017 10:19 AM

Larry...while I cant speak for this particular rally, I dont know of one that basically doesnt have a show-n-tell or a tour-of-homes type of activity scheduled usually on a Saturday.

Lemme warn you, IF you purchase a small FG trailer, you may as well gear up- 95% of ALL Campgrounds you go to will turn in to a "tour-of homes" for ya as people continually want to look at my Scamp 13'er! I just wish I'd kept a record of how many people in the past 7 yrs have viewed it in a NON-rally environment. Hundreds upon hundreds my friend!

It's very unique in most campgrounds and the "curiosity" gets to most people. :D We show everyone- unless someone is getting dressed or we havent cleaned up for the day etc. :reye2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry in TN (Post 634200)
Shelby,

Do you know if there would be any opportunity to "peek" in a few campers to get an idea of what we might like?
I will be in Townsend for a natural fibers show at the visitors center with my wife so it would be nice to come by and check things out.

Larry

Larry in TN 04-05-2017 11:20 AM

Thanks Joe!

Larry in TN 04-05-2017 11:21 AM

Thanks Darral!

GregandTeresa 04-05-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry in TN (Post 634200)
Shelby,

Larry

Larry we will be there in our 19, I think in site 6. We arrive Wednesday the 19th and leave out on Sunday, you are more than welcome to take a tour

Larry in TN 04-05-2017 03:25 PM

Thanks Greg!
Hope to come by and check it out!

Dick & Joanne 04-05-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelbyM (Post 630358)

Just finished a month at the KOA. Some burn on the hills before the pass going into Townsend from Knoxville. Nothing in Townsend and I didn't see much on the way to Pigeon Forge.

Jon Vermilye 04-22-2017 05:53 PM

For anyone interested, I've posted a page of photographs from the 10th Annual Southeastern Spring Eggscursion at Townsend, TN.

Larry in TN 04-23-2017 07:12 PM

Hello All

Hello All,
Sorry I didn't get to meet anybody this weekend at the rally. I came by on Saturday around four and drove around and looked at all the different eggs. Pretty cool stuff. I wasn't brave enough to stop and talk to anybody. It look like several people were packing up and heading home before the weather got any worse. Probably wise, it rained all day today here in the Smokey's.
There were lots of Casita's! And escapes. Not as many scamps. I am hoping for a Scamp 16' someday.
Hope everybody enjoyed their time in Townsend!
Larry

DeanCHS1980 04-23-2017 07:48 PM

Larry,

Glad you got to see some eggs. Sorry, we missed you. Laura loves to show off our Casita. Wishing you the best in finding your Scamp 16'.

Take care,

Dean

BARNEYCONE 04-24-2017 03:21 AM

Larry,
you should have stopped by dean & laura's, she is a doll and gives the $2.00 usd tour for "free"!!!!
Bbc ii

Troy Hawkins 04-24-2017 04:05 PM

Larry,
Wish you would've stopped. We all love to show off our little homes on wheels. In this group, you will never meet a stranger. I was down by the creek in the 13' Burro painted to look like an Airstream and am always willing to show anyone the inside because the insides are bigger than they appear from the outside.
Hope to see you at another rally, Troy

emij 04-24-2017 04:17 PM

It looks so fun!! One of these days I would LOVE to get to a rally!

BARNEYCONE 04-24-2017 06:11 PM

Dear emij,
you ain't that far away, once drove to chama,nm just to ride the "moonlite special" to antonia on the old narrow gauge r.r., such fun!!love your state, the road from red mountain pass down to "to-hell-you-ride" is a heart stopper!!

emij 04-25-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BARNEYCONE (Post 636904)
Dear emij,
you ain't that far away, once drove to chama,nm just to ride the "moonlite special" to antonia on the old narrow gauge r.r., such fun!!love your state, the road from red mountain pass down to "to-hell-you-ride" is a heart stopper!!

Oh yes!! We used to live in New Mexico and took that old narrow gauge a couple of times! And we are headed over Red Mountain Pass to scare our kids, this summer! There are so many beautiful places to visit in this country! We are planning an extended trip out to the the SE coast summer 2018, and will be driving through Arkansas, Georgia, Florida,Tennessee and making some stops there. Just haven't finalized our routes yet, but always keeping my eyes open for incredible spots others post about!

thrifty bill 04-25-2017 11:46 AM

We arrived post rally on Monday to pick up our Escape, and stayed the night to test it out (actually stopped in very briefly to pick up some paperwork, but had to make a hasty trip home to the DMV office before they closed).

Already made a reservation for next year. Definitely the nicest KOA I have ever stayed at. Quiet, clean, on the river, away from the Pigeon Forge craziness. Lots of sites already taken. Very attractive rate for the rally too! About a mile from the entrance to Smoky Mountains National Park.

My wife gave the Escape an "A".

WaltP 04-25-2017 02:32 PM

What are the dates for next year?

Walt

thrifty bill 04-26-2017 09:29 AM

April 18-21st I think. Campground has a sheet on it already.