Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Lil snoozy toilet? (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f96/lil-snoozy-toilet-84651.html)

Goldwing ny27 04-12-2018 04:10 PM

Lil snoozy toilet?
 
Thetford cassette toilet or I watched a YouTube video of a different toilet that the gentleman said it gave more room for shower. Looking to order a lil snoozy and want some input. I like the ease of the cassette toilet that we saw at factory. But we didn't get to see other style either. Also not a small guy 6'1" and husky as they call it nowadays lol.would the cassette toilet give a better seating position if that is understandable? Thanks

Tom 72 04-13-2018 10:11 AM

I think I would opt for the Cassette toilet and skip the whole black water tank, hoses, rubber gloves, and need to occasionally clean it all. Ok, maybe rubber gloves.

I believe there are two main brands, Thetford and Dometic. I don't know if one is better.

I've seen them and discussions in a lot of YouTube videos. Some elect to use them just for liquids, but they are always there for emergencies.

Here's one of several mentions by a couple of lovable self-professed nerds.

PS, they probably fill every 2-3 days. Eliminating the black tank probably opens up storage. You likely still have a gray tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0EYWGHH1vs

k0wtz 04-13-2018 10:21 AM

funny true story
 
a guy at a state park had one of those stinky things on a cart guy was on the back of the truck holding it wifey was driving rolling along.

you guessed it naturally she was driving too fast it could have been the guy driving too fast to be fair so they went flying around a curve the stinking thing went out of control flew out of the guys hand and away it went flying down hitting brush and trees.

it was about the funniest thing I ever saw but the stinky thing didn't crack he went down the hill and retrieved it but they drove much slower after that!

bob

Rich and Rei 04-13-2018 11:13 AM

Toilet
 
We have the Thetford cassette toilet in our 2012 Snoozy.
The bowl turns/swivels around so there is more room for showers.
The cassette toilet is one of our favorite features.

charlsara 04-13-2018 06:50 PM

We also have the cassette in our 2014 Snoozy. Best thing since sliced bread. Our bowl does swivel.

CPW 04-13-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlsara (Post 692891)
We also have the cassette in our 2014 Snoozy. Best thing since sliced bread.

Obviously YOUR opinion. Definitely not everyone’s. Had one and despised it. I, on the other hand would respond that a cassette toilet is the worst thing since chamber pots.

sokhapkin 04-13-2018 08:22 PM

I have experience with both types. My Scamp has "classic" toilet with black water tank, my TV (small class B motorhome) has a cassette toilet. I like both. With cassette I have more options to dump it. Scamp's black water tank has double capacity. What is better? Both a good. Everything depends on your travel style.

Glenn Baglo 04-13-2018 08:29 PM

My favourite description of emptying a cassette toilet uses the phrase "trudge of shame". :loltu

Rich and Rei 04-13-2018 08:50 PM

Cassette toilet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CPW (Post 692896)
Obviously YOUR opinion. Definitely not everyone’s. Had one and despised it. I, on the other hand would respond that a cassette toilet is the worst thing since chamber pots.

I was just stating my preference.
After having a black water tank in our Scamp and a cassette toilet in our Snoozy-i prefer the cassette.
Not saying one is better than the other.

sokhapkin 04-13-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo (Post 692899)
My favourite description of emptying a cassette toilet uses the phrase "trudge of shame". :loltu

When did you emptying a cassette toilet last time (if you ever did it)?

Glenn Baglo 04-13-2018 09:16 PM

Didn't say I had. Said my favourite description used the phrase "trudge of shame".
I did have a Porta-potti once. Never again.

Goldwing ny27 04-13-2018 10:53 PM

Thanks for replies. Did not realize cassette toilet turn also. Thanks

David B. 04-13-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwing ny27 (Post 692668)
Thetford cassette toilet or I watched a YouTube video of a different toilet that the gentleman said it gave more room for shower. Looking to order a lil snoozy and want some input. I like the ease of the cassette toilet that we saw at factory. But we didn't get to see other style either. Also not a small guy 6'1" and husky as they call it nowadays lol.would the cassette toilet give a better seating position if that is understandable? Thanks

Shane, you probably saw a video of my Lil Snoozy that was done in Quartzsite Arizona by a gal that full-times in a 13’. I use the Thetford porta-potty so I can remove it from the shower area, leaving the entire shower floor open for my big feet, and so I can maneuver about easily. The Thetford separates from the top half and empties exactly like the cassette toilet and it handles “Husky” just fine.:loltu
Dave & Paula

Goldwing ny27 04-13-2018 11:59 PM

Yes that was probably the video. Really tall blonde? We are in N.Y. so it's a ways from factory. Just trying to get as much info as possible before we give our deposit. Thanks

Goldwing ny27 04-14-2018 12:01 AM

If you could, would it be possible some time to take a photo with it in and with toilet out? You could email them to me or post them here.

David B. 04-14-2018 01:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwing ny27 (Post 692912)
If you could, would it be possible some time to take a photo with it in and with toilet out? You could email them to me or post them here.

Here is a picture with my size 13 shoes to give perspective.

rbryan 04-14-2018 02:29 PM

The issue with cassette dumping isn't just capacity, but where do you dump it. I've been to more than one campground where the toilets were fouled by someone dumping a cassette - and many campgrounds prohibit it.

With a black tank you dump directly to sewer - not a fixture that people have to sit on. And if you dump black first, then gray, no muss no fuss.

If you're a fan of cassette toilets, that's great, but I hope you're among those campers who dump it responsibly.

Rich and Rei 04-14-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryan (Post 693023)
The issue with cassette dumping isn't just capacity, but where do you dump it. I've been to more than one campground where the toilets were fouled by someone dumping a cassette - and many campgrounds prohibit it.

With a black tank you dump directly to sewer - not a fixture that people have to sit on. And if you dump black first, then gray, no muss no fuss.

If you're a fan of cassette toilets, that's great, but I hope you're among those campers who dump it responsibly.

We are responsible dumpers!
Have been to a few dump sites where people have made a nasty mess also.

CPW 04-14-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich and Rei (Post 693030)
We are responsible dumpers!
Have been to a few dump sites where people have made a nasty mess also.

There are more responsible cassette dumpers than irresponsible dumpers. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of slobs to give all cassette toilet users a bad image, and causing campgrounds to ban dumping them in the toilets. Realistically, they should be dumped at the dump station, not the bath house.

rbryan 04-14-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPW (Post 693034)
There are more responsible cassette dumpers than irresponsible dumpers. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of slobs to give all cassette toilet users a bad image, and causing campgrounds to ban dumping them in the toilets. Realistically, they should be dumped at the dump station, not the bath house.

I think you're right Carl, on all points.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.