Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Hello.. In need of help (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/hello-in-need-of-help-87031.html)

meat 09-29-2018 08:34 AM

Hello.. In need of help

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone.. New to the forum.. I'm from Canada eh.. Lol. Just bought my first " camper trailer". And I need some help on figuring out what it actually is..

All I can find for manufacturing is it says. Sun seeker mfg. And the paper work I got with it says it's a 1995. 16 ft has the pop outs on front and rear but is all a fiberglass shell..

Now usually firing up the old Google machine and doing a quick search usually finds me answers. But in this case I've come up with diddly squat. Closest resemblance to anything I've found is. A "scamp" trailer... But not really close at all.
Any help would be appreciated. And happy camping!!
Attachment 125021

Jon in AZ 09-29-2018 08:40 AM

Sure looks like a Northern Lite. Don't recall seeing one with a bed on both ends. Either Sun Seeker is a model name, or perhaps NL acquired or shared the molds. 1985 strikes me as older than the NL travel trailers I've seen, too. Interesting..

Northern Lite is best known for molded slide-in truck campers.

Welcome and congratulations!

Steve Hammel 09-29-2018 08:50 AM

I agree it's a Northern Lite. Does the front expand into a tent room?

meat 09-29-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon in AZ (Post 718431)
Sure looks like a Northern Lite. Don't recall seeing one with a bed on both ends. Either Sun Seeker is a model name, or perhaps NL acquired or shared the molds. 1985 strikes me as older than the NL travel trailers I've seen, too. Interesting..

Northern Lite is best known for molded slide-in truck campers.

Welcome and congratulations!

yeah the paper work i have for the registration says its a 16 ft built in 1995,, i have spent hours looking at google pics under all sorts of search words for the fiberglass trailer and havnt been able to find a pic of one at all ..

Steve Hammel 09-29-2018 08:57 AM

Go to the gallery section on this site and look through the Northern Lite pictures.

meat 09-29-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Hammel (Post 718434)
I agree it's a Northern Lite. Does the front expand into a tent room?

yes the front flips up then the "floor" folds out from it. couple poles to support everything same as the back, the shell flips up and is supported with poles to the floor.. heavy fabric is hung from the roof section and is just tied up underneath everything

Jon in AZ 09-29-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat (Post 718436)
yeah the paper work i have for the registration says its a 16 ft built in 1995...

Oops... My old eyes saw 1985. 1995 seems correct for a Northern Lite TT.

meat 09-29-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Hammel (Post 718437)
Go to the gallery section on this site and look through the Northern Lite pictures.

just had a look, very similar.. but i dont think its the smae, like i said mine says Sun-Seeker rv mfg right on it.. and thats all i can find.. very weird..
i do apprecite the info tho.. alot closer than i was yesterday :)

ZachO 09-29-2018 09:11 AM

Take some more photos. Of the tag, too.

Looks really cool, congrats. Those Canadians know how to build good trailers :)

Jon in AZ 09-29-2018 09:36 AM

Fiberglass molds are very distinctive and proprietary. Examine a NL side-by-side and compare the details of the molds. Don't be misled by windows or other add-ons.

If the molds are identical, that means either this is a NL or another company with whom NL had a business relationship. That narrows things down a lot. They're still in business, so they might know something.

meat 09-29-2018 09:43 AM

4 Attachment(s)
these are the pics i have at the moment.. [ATTACH]Attachment 125022

Attachment 125023

Attachment 125024

Attachment 125025[/ATTACH]

meat 09-29-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon in AZ (Post 718444)
Fiberglass molds are very distinctive and proprietary. Examine a NL side-by-side and compare the details of the molds. Don't be misled by windows or other add-ons.

If the molds are identical, that means either this is a NL or another company with whom NL had a business relationship. That narrows things down a lot. They're still in business, so they might know something.

I have sent them a email.. guess i will wait and see if they can help narrow it down...

Thank you so much for your help ! Appreciate it !

Jon in AZ 09-29-2018 09:56 AM

Is there a manufacturer plate somewhere? It would be small and official-looking with the manufacturer's business name, place and date of manufacture, and other information. My Scamp, for example, was manufactured by Eveland's, Inc.

meat 09-29-2018 10:09 AM

no i went through the interior top to bottom no tags like that.. just a thing about the furnance and electrical thats all

Mike_L 09-29-2018 11:11 AM

Looks like a nice unit.

WaltP 09-29-2018 03:00 PM

Very interesting. Please keep us in the loop. If possible, I'd love to see a pic showing the pull-outs.

Walt

k corbin 09-30-2018 12:34 AM

Hint for those of you who are searching for an unfamiliar looking travel trailer and getting no results.... instead of searching for a "trailer" try using the other side of the pond, English language, word for them....caravan.

John in Santa Cruz 09-30-2018 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k corbin (Post 718556)
They are out there, but not in North America, it is an import. .

except it has a right side door, and NEMA power outlets, so even if it was made in UK or whatever, it was built for the NA market.

k corbin 09-30-2018 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz (Post 718557)
except it has a right side door, and NEMA power outlets, so even if it was made in UK or whatever, it was built for the NA market.

Misconception...

Europe generally drives on the right hand side apart from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Malta and Cyprus. Maybe it was made that way for the convenience of touring mainland Europe.

If it was imported they likely had no choice but to change the power outlets so they could use it in NA. That is not a difficult modification to do. It could well have had that type of outlet when it was imported.

Lloyd (aka Santa) Coltman 10-06-2018 10:58 AM

Northern Lite almost assured, See here: MA | 2008 Northern Lite Travel Trailer 16
Their web page here: https://www.northern-lite.com/about-us.php
I believe your unit was built in Kelowna BC, close to my home, and would be measured Canadian way, Bumper -to-hitch length - 16 feet.
They still build some of the finest truck campers, but probably dropped out of the travel trailer market

ReadytoRoll 10-06-2018 01:07 PM

Gorgeous trailer! Welcome from Southern Ontario.

Doctor Harold 10-09-2018 05:01 PM

Nice looking trailer!

Sweet looking trailer! And welcome to a great forum.

I would think any ID plate would be on the trailer frame on side of the tongue. The idiot dealer where I bought my Scamp put 1995 on the paperwork instead of 1975. They also got the ID number wrong. I went looking for the ID tag and found it riveted on the side of the frame, on the tongue near the propane bottle. I think this is standard and probably required by the authorities who don't want to go searching everywhere on a trailer in order to check the ID tag.

I took my Scamp to the DMV to have the title corrected and the DMV inspector went right to the trailer tongue to look for the tag for inspection.

Another thing might be that the ID number is stamped in the metal of the frame, although I think this is unlikely. But if it is, it may have been painted over at some time.