Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Where are the body/frame attachments on a Scamp? (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/where-are-the-body-frame-attachments-on-a-scamp-88535.html)

Bryan L. 03-23-2019 01:24 PM

Where are the body/frame attachments on a Scamp?

I am wanting to take the body off the frame and have located most of the screws but want to know if there are any bolts anywhere. I can't get it to separate right back where the shell and the frame/rear bumper stays are. Is there a bolt there or something? I've run a blade in between the body and frame and I seem to run into something but can't cut through it. It's a very tight area so I am running out of room. I also can't see a bolt head inside the trailer but this is also where the shell gets glassed to the plywood and it's a bit clumpy and bumpy. In all of these FGRV posts no one has ever said exactly where all these attachments points are on a Scamp! Thank you.

Martin.P 03-24-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan L. (Post 736873)
I am wanting to take the body off the frame and have located most of the screws but want to know if there are any bolts anywhere. I can't get it to separate right back where the shell and the frame/rear bumper stays are. Is there a bolt there or something? I've run a blade in between the body and frame and I seem to run into something but can't cut through it. It's a very tight area so I am running out of room. I also can't see a bolt head inside the trailer but this is also where the shell gets glassed to the plywood and it's a bit clumpy and bumpy. In all of these FGRV posts no one has ever said exactly where all these attachments points are on a Scamp! Thank you.

I Did a complete body off retro on my 13' Scamp. On mine there were about six screws running along the frame. No bolts at all.

Bryan L. 03-24-2019 02:01 PM

Ha, 6 screws! That seems ridiculous. I guess it works though. Thank you for the reply.

I'll probably add a couple brackets and do two bolts up front and two in back on addition to the screws when it goes back together but I guess I'll need to use a bit more persuasion on that end section then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin.P (Post 736969)
I Did a complete body off retro on my 13' Scamp. On mine there were about six screws running along the frame. No bolts at all.

Martin.P 03-24-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan L. (Post 736989)
Ha, 6 screws! That seems ridiculous. I guess it works though. Thank you for the reply.

I'll probably add a couple brackets and do two bolts up front and two in back on addition to the screws when it goes back together but I guess I'll need to use a bit more persuasion on that end section then.

When I put it back together. I used 4 U,bolts around the frame. Plus more screws.

Borrego Dave 03-24-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan L. (Post 736989)
Ha, 6 screws! That seems ridiculous.

Weld some angle iron to the side rail of the frame for the bolts.