Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   A NEW WEBSITE (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/a-new-website-91502.html)

k0wtz 02-26-2020 07:12 AM

A NEW WEBSITE
 
After camping out all over the states all 50 states our last outing out west last year was a bust. Been out there more times than I can count! Maybe?

Just found a new sight Missouri Springs. It seem lower Missouri is loaded with springs. The area offers floating of all sorts, beautiful springs 3 trout streams and beautiful scenery! Oh I forgot some old mills also!

Many state and private camping areas, nice little towns and some beautiful drives. Of course part of it is close to Arkansas with the much the same stuff!

Anyway take a look might give some a place to consider for a nice camping trip!

bob

ShelbyM 02-26-2020 07:25 AM

We have camped and fished at the three "trout parks" Bennett Springs, Montauk and Roaring River. All were nice. There are also some US Forest Service campgrounds along the Current River. The various springs are impressive!

k0wtz 02-26-2020 07:30 AM

beleive it or not
 
believe it or not but the worlds largest spring is in Missouri of course its called Big Spring!!

bob

k0wtz 02-26-2020 07:33 AM

Our plan
 
We did it once before but a man just posted all the springs on a map on the site.

No doubt we will cruise over to Arkansas to see some of theirs too! Wifey has an aunt in Cherekee Village in Ark. also..

bob

Poodlesrule 02-26-2020 10:42 AM

Watch out for ticks!
 
We camped allover southern Missouri for many years-in tents long before we ever bought a camper. Did a couple canoe trips down the Current River. The whole area is beautiful.

But!!!! Watch out for ticks. They are really bad in both the wooded and grassy areas. My husband got a tick bite 3 years ago & now has Lyme Disease. No more camping for us.

k0wtz 02-26-2020 12:42 PM

I have had so many tick bites I can't Renner them all.. I have heard all the deceased but never witnessed it..

Ric G 02-26-2020 01:17 PM

re: A NEW WEBSITE
 
What's the website?

__________________________________________________ _________



A NEW WEBSITE
After camping out all over the states all 50 states our last outing out west last year was a bust. Been out there more times than I can count! Maybe?

Just found a new sight Missouri Springs. It seem lower Missouri is loaded with springs. The area offers floating of all sorts, beautiful springs 3 trout streams and beautiful scenery! Oh I forgot some old mills also!

Many state and private camping areas, nice little towns and some beautiful drives. Of course part of it is close to Arkansas with the much the same stuff!

Anyway take a look might give some a place to consider for a nice camping trip!

bob

Jann Todd 02-26-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodlesrule (Post 769438)
We camped allover southern Missouri for many years-in tents long before we ever bought a camper. Did a couple canoe trips down the Current River. The whole area is beautiful.

But!!!! Watch out for ticks. They are really bad in both the wooded and grassy areas. My husband got a tick bite 3 years ago & now has Lyme Disease. No more camping for us.


You don't have to give up camping. Use a good tick repellant. There's Deet products and one that you spray on your clothes while hanging, let them dry, put them on and wash them. The spray is suppose to last though a few washings. It is pretty pricey but works. We always use repellants everywhere we go in the woods or grasses. Got animal repellent for our cat also since we walked her in grass. Why give up something you like if you can protect yourself from ticks.

Jann Todd 02-26-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0wtz (Post 769451)
I have had so many tick bites I can't Renner them all.. I have heard all the deceased but never witnessed it..

Ticks do carry diseases. To prevent a problem use Deet or other products to stop them from getting on you. It only takes one with the disease to really mess you up. We also use sublimed sulfur powder. Stinks like burned matches but seems to work. We use both. With Deet spray shoes, socks, around waist, shirt sleeves, neck and wear a hat or cap sprayed with it. Dust around all those areas with the sulfur also if you use it. So far so good with no tick bites when we've done it. But once we didn't and we got tick galore in Arkansas. That's when we learned about these products.

CPW 02-26-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0wtz (Post 769418)
believe it or not but the worlds largest spring is in Missouri of course its called Big Spring!!

bob

Actually, I donít believe it, but Big Spring IS the largest spring in Missouri. Wakulla Springs in Florida also lays claim to being the largest and deepest freshwater spring in the world.

k0wtz 02-27-2020 06:13 AM

largest spring
 
well never heard of that one. I actually thought Bennett Springs would be the one but they must have measured the output some way.

come see!

bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPW (Post 769465)
Actually, I donít believe it, but Big Spring IS the largest spring in Missouri. Wakulla Springs in Florida also lays claim to being the largest and deepest freshwater spring in the world.


cpaharley2008 02-27-2020 07:03 AM

Perhaps this ? https://dnr.mo.gov/geology/wrc/sprin...rc/springs.htm

LyleB 02-27-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPW (Post 769465)
Actually, I donít believe it, but Big Spring IS the largest spring in Missouri. Wakulla Springs in Florida also lays claim to being the largest and deepest freshwater spring in the world.

As in most of these claims, it all depends on criteria. Water flow, surface area, cubic area, depth, etc. Also, many are based on what the current administration codified as "alternate facts". Take all of these claims with a grain of salt.

CPW 02-27-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyleB (Post 769515)
As in most of these claims, it all depends on criteria. Water flow, surface area, cubic area, depth, etc. Also, many are based on what the current administration codified as "alternate facts". Take all of these claims with a grain of salt.

I am guessing you are referring to the falsely claimed greater number of attendees at someoneís inauguration when you refer to ďalternate facts!Ē

According to the Missouri DNR, the average flow of Big Spring is 276 million gallons per day. According to Florida DNR, Wakulla averages 400 million gallons per day. I am not inclined to need salt or any other seasonings when the difference is substantial, in this case somewhere around 124 million gallons a day. And in reality, I canít say that I even care. I was only commenting because I knew that Wakulla has a greater average daily discharge than any other spring in the US. Lots of interesting hydrologic features in Florida, like the Santa Fe River which goes underground At Oíleno State Park and resurfaces @ 12 miles away. Or Itchetucknee Springs State Park in Fort White. No better place to cool off on a hot summer day than tubing down this pristine river towered over by centuries old bald cypress trees. Or Devilís Millhopper, an ancient sinkhole near Gainesville. But having seen both Wakulla and Big Spring, IMO Big Spring is more pleasing to the eye.

CPW 02-27-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0wtz (Post 769506)
well never heard of that one. I actually thought Bennett Springs would be the one but they must have measured the output some way.

come see!

bob

Iíve been there, Bob, and very much enjoyed seeing it. Now, I would ask, do you know what ďthe Old SowĒ is?

k0wtz 02-27-2020 11:17 AM

no i dont
 
sorry you think I am being arguementiv I didn't intend it as such. while Fla is quite flat this area is not mountainous but hilly with quite a few large springs in it. I don't know what Bennet Springs output is but it is able to maintain a nice trout area we also have 2 others offering enough cost water for trouting. Matter of fact Anhiser Bush created quit a stir among some people with their intention to buy Greer Springs for some sort of a natural bottled water company. They at the time were talking several thousand acres to put in addition to their water idea some sort of entertainment things!

Another idea I don't quite get as we have enough plastic bottles floating around!

No I have no idea what you are talking about but glad to know about the huge spring in Fla. I will put that on my list to see! I am pretty optimistic I just put 3 year plates on our trailer and I am 78. LOL

thanks

bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPW (Post 769528)
Iíve been there, Bob, and very much enjoyed seeing it. Now, I would ask, do you know what ďthe Old SowĒ is?


CPW 02-27-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0wtz (Post 769531)
sorry you think I am being arguementiv I didn't intend it as such. while Fla is quite flat this area is not mountainous but hilly with quite a few large springs in it. I don't know what Bennet Springs output is but it is able to maintain a nice trout area we also have 2 others offering enough cost water for trouting. Matter of fact Anhiser Bush created quit a stir among some people with their intention to buy Greer Springs for some sort of a natural bottled water company. They at the time were talking several thousand acres to put in addition to their water idea some sort of entertainment things!

Another idea I don't quite get as we have enough plastic bottles floating around!

No I have no idea what you are talking about but glad to know about the huge spring in Fla. I will put that on my list to see! I am pretty optimistic I just put 3 year plates on our trailer and I am 78. LOL

thanks

bob

Bob,

I didnít think you were being argumentative at all.

The Old Sow is viewable near Eastport, ME. It is the largest whirlpool in this hemisphere. Itís actually on the Canadian side of the border, but the strait where it is located is not that wide.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.