Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   ON | 2020, Sept 18-20: Niagara Wine Escape 2020 (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f73/2020-sept-18-20-niagara-wine-escape-2020-a-91570.html)

Alf S. 03-07-2020 09:38 AM

2020, Sept 18-20: Niagara Wine Escape 2020

Hi: All... Dates are Sept. 18, 19, 20th.
Location... Riverside Park Motel and Campground
13451 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, On. Canada
Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
Call in to book your site at 905-382-2204
Activities are as follows
Friday PM dusk Campfire and Wine& Craft Beer exchange at camp site 52. Bring a bottle/ six pack... Take a bottle/ six pack.
Saturday AM Doors open trailer tours.
Saturday AM Blue tarp swap at Iowa Dave's
Saturday PM U-drive out to tour winerys, sites.
Saturday PM around 5 Pot Luck at site 52...rain or shine
Sunday Am around 10:30 Brunch at Betty's Restaurant for those who want to go
separate checks though!!!
https://www.bettysrestaurant.com
Come on down to "The Falls". Sit and relax or do some daring, touristy things.
https://www.tourismniagara.com
We'd love to see you there,
Alf& Mary Anne Stacey

Iowa Dave 03-07-2020 09:49 AM

Wine Eacape

Hi Alf
South of the Border, down America way
That’s where I beat the cold and beat
the mold and had a nice stay.
But I’m home in St Thomas and planning
my garden for Spring.
So the Joys of Niagara again I can sing.

To the tune of the Bob Wills classic, South of the Border.

Good to hear from you Alf, glad you had a great trip. Hope my comments don’t get the boot ( a left foot)
Iowa Dave

Alf S. 03-07-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowa Dave (Post 770233)
Hi Alf
South of the Border, down America way
Thatís where I beat the cold and beat
the mold and had a nice stay.
But Iím home in St Thomas and planning
my garden for Spring.
So the Joys of Niagara again I can sing.

To the tune of the Bob Wills classic, South of the Border.

Good to hear from you Alf, glad you had a great trip. Hope my comments donít get the boot ( a left foot)
Iowa Dave

Hi: Iowa Dave... 2 lefts don't make a right Eh? BTW what size is it? The garlic has already sprouted too!!! Alf S.
North shore of Lake Erie:wave

Kevin A 03-07-2020 06:30 PM

We are all registered and set to go for our first Niagara Wine Fest! We will be arriving on the 15th and staying until the 21st. We love all the things there are to see and do in the area!

Kevin and Cindy Anderson

Alf S. 03-08-2020 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin A (Post 770292)
We are all registered and set to go for our first Niagara Wine Fest! We will be arriving on the 15th and staying until the 21st. We love all the things there are to see and do in the area!

Kevin and Cindy Anderson

Hi: Kevin A... WELCOME in advance!!! You're right, lots to see n do. We look forward to meeting you there. Did they give you a site #?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:wave

damarchman 03-14-2020 10:21 AM

Coming on the 15th and staying until the 21st, have no clue on what site number as they didn't give me one. This will be my first Niagara Wine rally and I really look forward to it.

damarchman 03-14-2020 10:32 AM

Coming on the 15th and staying until the 21st. Looking forward to the rally, first time for the Niagara Wine. Didn't get a site number, didn't think to ask. As the song goes, see you in September. :thumb

Iowa Dave 03-14-2020 10:46 AM

Wine Escape

Quote:

Originally Posted by damarchman (Post 770726)
Coming on the 15th and staying until the 21st. Looking forward to the rally, first time for the Niagara Wine. Didn't get a site number, didn't think to ask. As the song goes, see you in September. :thumb

If youíve not been to the Falls or even if you have thereís a lot to do in the area. From visiting wineries to the beauty of the parkway, the quaint beauty of Niagara on the Lake, youíll have a good time. If you decide to make a day of it around the Falls there used to be a ticket package for several attractions that will save you some money. I only hit one or two restaurant buffets in a year and can tell you Breakfast at Bettys on Sunday morning is one of the best Iíve come across.
Welcome
Iowa Dave

SusanandPierre 03-14-2020 12:18 PM

Scamp 13

Hello,

We have recently moved to Pennsylvania and were looking for some rallies to attend. Are all FGRV's welcome at this rally? Looks like a fun one.

Thank You,

Susan

Iowa Dave 03-14-2020 12:36 PM

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanandPierre (Post 770743)
Hello,

We have recently moved to Pennsylvania and were looking for some rallies to attend. Are all FGRV's welcome at this rally? Looks like a fun one.

Thank You,

Susan

Yes all fiberglass are definitely welcome. I’d list the numerous brands I’ve seen there over the past 6 years but I’d leave someone out. You are welcome and hopfully there will be other delightful Pennsylvanians.
Iowa Dave

Kardon 03-14-2020 01:43 PM

Susan, if you are willing to travel a bit, there is a rally in New Hampshire from the 14th thru the 17th of May. You can see it on the side bar under the title of Spring Fling in New England. The info is there, and all fiberglass trailers are welcome. Don.

Alf S. 03-14-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanandPierre (Post 770743)
Hello,

Thank You,

Susan

Hi: SusanandPierre... All trailers are welcome. As for the "Stickies" I always tell them to "Be prepared to be converted"!!!

SusanandPierre 03-17-2020 10:08 AM

We are coming....

Hello,

Thank you all for the responses. We are booked and will be staying in site 69. I wish we could come to the New England event as well, maybe next year. Safe Travels...see you in September!

Sincerely,

Susan and Pierre

cpaharley2008 03-17-2020 06:27 PM

The way things are going right now, Niagara may be our first rally for 2020!

CindyL 03-18-2020 05:35 AM

I hope this passes before our planned 2 trips to Canada, one in August and this one. I read today that the border is closing to all but necessary crossings.

CindyL

cpaharley2008 03-18-2020 05:46 AM

But, is it not necessary to go camping??

Alf S. 03-18-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 771064)
But, is it not necessary to go camping??

Hi: cpaharley2008... I have it on very very good authority that "This will all be over very soon"!!! Otherwise what am I gonna do with all these tins of Jalapeno Spam? :eek:

cpaharley2008 03-18-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf S. (Post 771069)
Hi: cpaharley2008... I have it on very very good authority that "This will all be over very soon"!!! Otherwise what am I gonna do with all these tins of Jalapeno Spam? :eek:

My favorite flavor.......

Iowa Dave 03-18-2020 10:12 AM

Variety pack

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (Post 771072)
My favorite flavor.......

Hereís what Iím hoarding. The strawberry jello is for my super carp doughball bait. Got my light spinning rods ready to go yesterday. Have to do something positive every day. I have plenty to do.
Iowa Dave

Alf S. 03-19-2020 08:14 AM

Hi: Iowa Dave... Now why on earth would you give perfectly good Jello to some carpy fish? :confused: Alf

Iowa Dave 03-19-2020 08:37 AM

I buy the cheap jello on sale for the carp bait and the good stuff for myself. We ate a lot of jello coming up. Two “recipes”, Lime jello with pineapple in it, and my mom’s specialty, orange jello with about a pound of shredded carrots in it. Always made in a large glass baking dish. At Christmas, my dad would get tuned up and we would make a large Jello salad. About three boxes of jello, sliced apples, sliced bananas, green grapes, a can of cherries, and black walnuts picked out of the nuts in the back yard. Then we would float mini marshmallows on the top. That was a holiday treat. We made it in a rose tinted, fluted glass bowl. Everything set up at a different level, I guess it was my first lesson in specific gravity.
Iowa Dave

Alf S. 03-26-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowa Dave (Post 771172)
I buy the cheap jello on sale for the carp bait and the good stuff for myself. We ate a lot of jello coming up. Two ďrecipesĒ, Lime jello with pineapple in it, and my momís specialty, orange jello with about a pound of shredded carrots in it. Always made in a large glass baking dish. At Christmas, my dad would get tuned up and we would make a large Jello salad. About three boxes of jello, sliced apples, sliced bananas, green grapes, a can of cherries, and black walnuts picked out of the nuts in the back yard. Then we would float mini marshmallows on the top. That was a holiday treat. We made it in a rose tinted, fluted glass bowl. Everything set up at a different level, I guess it was my first lesson in specific gravity.
Iowa Dave

Hi: Iowa Dave... I love jello!!! My kids not so much. I guess that's my lesson on the "Generation gap"!!!
Alf S. North Shore of Lake Erie:wave

cpaharley2008 03-26-2020 08:10 AM

Hey Alf, there is a town not too far from Niagara, NY called Le Roy- where there is a jello museum Home since it was first made there.
We camped nearby one Thankgiving at at nice cg https://www.facebook.com/TheRidgeNY/
also a really nice restaurant in town, located in the old train station https://www.dandrdepot.com

Butsky 03-26-2020 09:07 AM

WINE ESCAPE

We are on site 68!

Alf S. 03-26-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butsky (Post 772045)
We are on site 68!

Hi: Butsky... Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for the info.

Butsky 03-26-2020 05:47 PM

Wine Escape

Hope this virus business doesnít ruin the summer camping season with closures...

Alf S. 04-26-2020 06:07 AM

Don't let the virus tireus!!!

Hi: All... We'll just have to stay in this holding pattern till we get an all clear before we can go camping.

WaltP 06-19-2020 08:39 AM

A friend called today and the campground is not taking any new reservations for now. They also reported having a lot of cancellations.
Fingers crossed I guess.
The rally is well after Labor Day and hopefully the border will be reopened and things will ease up by then. Sure hope so.

Walt

Alf S. 06-20-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltP (Post 782355)
A friend called today and the campground is not taking any new reservations for now. They also reported having a lot of cancellations.
Fingers crossed I guess.
The rally is well after Labor Day and hopefully the border will be reopened and things will ease up by then. Sure hope so.

Walt

Hi: WaltP... Thanks for the info. Things are cautiously starting to open up here in Ontario. Tourist areas look to be the last on the list. I don't know what the rally will look like this year? Camping at best!!! This pandemic sure lends a new meaning to "Keep your distance".

scotty61 06-23-2020 09:02 AM

Hi Alf... with this covid-19 going on, my charity ride has been postponed to September... guess what weekend? The same as the rally!!! So not sure we can make it this year as I missed the charity ride last year due to health reasons. Don't count us out just yet though! Going to see what I can wrangle so I can do both if possible.

Alf S. 06-25-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty61 (Post 782917)
Hi Alf... with this covid-19 going on, my charity ride has been postponed to September... guess what weekend? The same as the rally!!! So not sure we can make it this year as I missed the charity ride last year due to health reasons. Don't count us out just yet though! Going to see what I can wrangle so I can do both if possible.

Hi: scotty61... So fah... lah tee doh!!! :duh Waiting and hoping!!!

Alf S. 07-09-2020 08:25 AM

UPDATE as of July 07!!!

Hi: All... At present Niagara Wine Escape is on, but in a much modified form. No potluck dinner, beer/wine exchange. No day visitors allowed into the park to view trailers and any doors open allowed only at the discretion of the owners. We will have a socially distanced campfire at site 52, and other groups may have one too. Doesn't matter which side of the fire you sit on you will get smoked!!! Wear a mask if you feel more comfortable with one on.
Niagara board of health has let the Riverside CG. open... BUT NOT THE WASHROOMS. The border is still closed to cross border travel except for business.
This will change as Ontario opens up!!! :bh

Iowa Dave 07-09-2020 08:41 AM

Rally

We have not contacted Celia regarding our reservations but itís starting to look pretty iffy for US citizens being able to attend the rally. One of the ironic twists is the restroom closing at Riverside Campground. This is probably the cleanest restroom Iíve ever used in a campground and Iíve camped a lot of places. The little plastic triangle on the floor warning of a wet, just mopped floor seems to be always there because someone always seems to be cleaning. Immaculate. Best description.
That said, the sewer hookup sites allow most escapes and many others to have everything they need right at their site.
If things go off the way Alf has described there will still be fun to be had.
Keeping fingers crossed
Iowa Dave

scotty61 07-18-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf S. (Post 783140)
Hi: scotty61... So fah... lah tee doh!!! :duh Waiting and hoping!!!

Hi Alf... looks like we won't be able to come this year, but I'll call Celia and have her reserve our site for the following year (2021).

Al (Scotty61)

Debdom 07-19-2020 12:06 PM

If the borders open, we’d love to attend this Rally! Does anyone know the cancellation policy if we booked now but needed to cancel if the borders remain closed?

CPW 07-19-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debdom (Post 786112)
If the borders open, weíd love to attend this Rally! Does anyone know the cancellation policy if we booked now but needed to cancel if the borders remain closed?

Last I knew the campground owner was not accepting reservations from US citizens because nobody knows how long the border will be closed.

CompactJR-Sailor 07-28-2020 08:36 AM

Sorry Alf, Looks like we will not be coming this year. I don't see any travel between US and Canada this year. Hope your able to come to Florida this winter.

Alf S. 07-28-2020 10:47 AM

Canuck camping!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompactJR-Sailor (Post 787209)
Sorry Alf, Looks like we will not be coming this year. I don't see any travel between US and Canada this year. Hope your able to come to Florida this winter.

Hi: CompactJR-Sailor... Looks more and more like an "All Canadian" event this Sept. We have to keep our camping on this side... this year too!!! Ah... shouldn't that be "Casita-Sailor":confused:

Iowa Dave 07-28-2020 12:08 PM

Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompactJR-Sailor (Post 787209)

Hi Doug
Sorry we wonít see you in Canada this year. Hope for better days ahead. Hope that hitch is working out well for you.
Iowa Dave

Alf S. 08-07-2020 02:10 PM

UPDATE as of Aug. 07

2 Attachment(s)
Hi: All... Calling all Canadian campers!!! The WASHROOMS are now open. One shower and two toilets/sink basins on each side for social distancing. Celia has asked for people to call for Rez's. They have spaces available.
As the song goes... "See you in September". Bring masks and hand sanitizer for your comfort.

WaltP 08-07-2020 02:49 PM

Of course I'm jealous and disappointed, but I hope all Canadians above the border have a great time and this Canadian below the border will just have to look forward to twice as much fun next year.
Guess I need to call Celia and formally change my res to 2021.

Walt

Mikmay 08-07-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf S. (Post 788421)
Hi: All... Calling all Canadian campers!!! The WASHROOMS are now open. One shower and two toilets/sink basins on each side for social distancing. Celia has asked for people to call for Rez's. They have spaces available.
As the song goes... "See you in September". Bring masks and hand sanitizer for your comfort.

Going to try to get out with a couple HC1s this year Alf and maybe an HCT if we can get it here in time.

CindyL 08-07-2020 03:32 PM

We have not canceled yet, I don't think, but I scheduled dental appointments during this rally yesterday. Raise a glass for us, as we get our teeth cleaned after months of not being able to do this.

See you next year and "rally" for a vaccine in the meantime.

CindyL and Kevin

Jon Vermilye 08-07-2020 04:14 PM

I'm still hoping since the last I read the border was closed until August 21...

WaltP 08-07-2020 04:43 PM

Thanks Jon . I hadn't heard that. Guess I'll wait to see,,, with fingers crossed.

Walt

Glenn Baglo 08-07-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye (Post 788435)
I'm still hoping since the last I read the border was closed until August 21...

They've been extending the closure a month at a time. I wouldn't expect the border to open this year, given the performance of the U.S. leadership. Canadians wouldn't stand for it.

WaltP 08-07-2020 07:18 PM

I pretty well agree Glenn but it won't hurt to wait another couple of weeks to cancel, just in case.

Jon Vermilye 08-08-2020 09:22 AM

To be honest, I have to agree with Glenn, but one can only hope! It is too bad they can't use an area decision. Our section of NY has very low Covid 19 figures, so the short drive to the border & across would likely be fine. Still, I understand and appreciate Canada's approach.

emers382 08-09-2020 08:28 PM

It's great to be hopeful but most Canadians at least from what I've seen on social media are adamant they want the border to stay closed. Today we canceled our Sept. weekend at the New Ulm MN rally as know it's very likely we cannot get there. I can't even drive three miles south of town to get gas or pick up packages anymore. Our border crossing is nothing but trucks now.

CPW 08-10-2020 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo (Post 788457)
They've been extending the closure a month at a time. I wouldn't expect the border to open this year, given the performance of the U.S. leadership. Canadians wouldn't stand for it.

While I do not disagree that the border remaining closed is the most beneficial/safest situation for Canadians, I have to disagree with the implication (statement) that ďCanadians wouldnít stand for it.Ē

Canadian citizens are no more able to effect policy than citizens of the US, period. All policy is established by elected government at multiple levels, whether it be State or Provisional, Federal or Confederational (not sure what term is used in Canada to label the highest level based in Ottawa). But fortunately for Canadians, the governmental authorities are and have based their policies on rational, medical and scientific principles rather than wishful economic thinking/desire. If they hadnít, the borders would now be open regardless of what the average Canadian wants.

CindyL 08-10-2020 09:13 AM

We postponed until next year. See you then.

CindyL

Alf S. 08-12-2020 01:59 PM

Niagara Wine Escape 2020

Hi: All... Still looking for Canadian campers suffering from withdrawal. Grab a "Rez" at the Riverside Campground and Motel in beautiful Niagara Falls Ontario. Even with no social activities and shared food we can still have some campfire tales and just enjoy being out there!!!

Butsky 08-12-2020 02:07 PM

Camping

Yes! We have re-booked our spot #69 after canceling earlier this year! See you all there!

Jon Vermilye 08-14-2020 12:42 PM

Well, the border is now closed until September 21, so I reluctantly canceled my reservation. Since the plan was to drive through Canada to get to the Algonac Rally the week before the Niagara rally, I canceled that as well. Looks like the trailer is going to live in the driveway!

WaltP 08-14-2020 01:15 PM

Yep. I'll cancel now also. Too bad.
Hoping for next year.

Walt

mszabo 08-14-2020 02:38 PM

We just cancelled also. We are really sad. Going too
miss all our friends.
Thatís two trips to canal cancelled this year.

Still planing on Algonac and Brown county, IN.

Hope too see everyone at borerama next July.

Stay safe!!

Don N 08-15-2020 06:39 AM

Yes lots of good times being missed this year without our American friends

Jcampagnolo 08-23-2020 03:54 PM

Registering for the event

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf S. (Post 770232)
Hi: All... Dates are Sept. 18, 19, 20th.
Location... Riverside Park Motel and Campground
13451 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, On. Canada
Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
Call in to book your site at 905-382-2204
Activities are as follows
Friday PM dusk Campfire and Wine& Craft Beer exchange at camp site 52. Bring a bottle/ six pack... Take a bottle/ six pack.
Saturday AM Doors open trailer tours.
Saturday AM Blue tarp swap at Iowa Dave's
Saturday PM U-drive out to tour winerys, sites.
Saturday PM around 5 Pot Luck at site 52...rain or shine
Sunday Am around 10:30 Brunch at Betty's Restaurant for those who want to go
separate checks though!!!
https://www.bettysrestaurant.com
Come on down to "The Falls". Sit and relax or do some daring, touristy things.
https://www.tourismniagara.com
We'd love to see you there,
Alf& Mary Anne Stacey

Hello Alf and Mary Anne, I was wondering how we register for the event? I have booked the camping at the campground. Thanks Jenn

Alf S. 08-23-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcampagnolo (Post 790622)
Hello Alf and Mary Anne, I was wondering how we register for the event? I have booked the camping at the campground. Thanks Jenn

Hi: Jcampagnolo... You've done all you need. We're going to be a loosely gathered bunch due to Co-Vivid this year... but we'll still carry on with camping and campfires. The Niagara Board of Health rules will be adhered to.

Alf S. 09-06-2020 06:17 AM

Hi: All... It's getting closer. Due to Co-vivid 19 it will be the first "All Canadian" Niagara Wine Escape. Come on down to "The Falls" and socially distance with us Sept. 18th - 20th. We'll try to have some campfire fun at least!!!

mszabo 09-06-2020 06:42 AM

We be sad, miss you guys!😞

Alf S. 09-15-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszabo (Post 792170)
We be sad, miss you guys!😞

Hi: mszabo... Sorry to hear of your loss!!! Tanner was now settled down while rallying.

mszabo 09-15-2020 09:41 AM

Thanks Alf, itís going to be different.
You guys have a great rally, we sure will miss being there with all our Canadian friends.

Alf S. 09-16-2020 08:43 AM

Niagara Wine Escape 2020

Hi: All... Last call for Niagara Falls. Even with social distancing we will try to have some camping fun. :wine

Alf S. 09-23-2020 01:18 AM

Niagara Wine Escape 2020 What's missing?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi: All... This year we finished with 9 "All Canadian" sites used. 4 Escapes 3 Bolers 1 Trillium and 1 tent. Here's what's missing!!!
Hope to see everyone at Niagara Wine Escape 2021. Sept 17th- 19th at the Riverside Park.

scotty61 10-23-2020 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well it's currently a sunny afternoon at +21 degrees (+70 degrees Fahrenheit) and Mother Nature has provided us with a beautiful Fall carpet!
Attachment 138206

WaltP 10-23-2020 12:20 PM

Thanks for the dates Al. Here's hoping.

Walt

Iowa Dave 10-23-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf S. (Post 794206)
Hi: All... This year we finished with 9 "All Canadian" sites used. 4 Escapes 3 Bolers 1 Trillium and 1 tent. Here's what's missing!!!
Hope to see everyone at Niagara Wine Escape 2021. Sept 17th- 19th at the Riverside Park.

Told Cecelia to hold our Reservation for next year so planning on it.
Iowa Dave Rita and Teresa and Todd

Kevin A 10-23-2020 05:08 PM

Same for us. Weíll plan on Algonac first, followed by Niagara Falls!