Fiberglass RV

Fiberglass RV (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/)
-   Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Escape owner input needed (https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/escape-owner-input-needed-92623.html)

Charles G. 06-19-2020 03:18 PM

Escape owner input needed

We are in the process of ordering an Escape 17 & are considering the frameless window option. I have read that some owners are complaining that the screens for the frameless windows do not fit well. I would appreciate any feedback on these windows from owners with them.
Thanks

Jon Vermilye 06-19-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles G. (Post 782410)
We are in the process of ordering an Escape 17 & are considering the frameless window option. I have read that some owners are complaining that the screens for the frameless windows do not fit well. I would appreciate any feedback on these windows from owners with them.
Thanks

Mine fit fine, although they are a bit difficult to reinsert after removal.

Charles G. 06-19-2020 04:32 PM

Thanks Jon. I appreciate your quick response

WaltP 06-20-2020 09:14 AM

I had to repair the screen on one of my windows and found the fit quite good when I removed and replaced it. My complaint on the tilt windows is that they don't open wide enough to allow decent ventilation. If I had it to do over I'd sticker with sliders.

Walt

bjsmitty 06-20-2020 12:34 PM

I agree with the previous respondent. Poor circulation, even with the fan going max. I had a 19 with sliders and a 21 with frameless. In spite of once leaving the slider open during a hard rainstorm, I would still get the sliders again. There is a hack for the frameless windows which allow the window to open wider, and I am sure you can look it up on the Escape forum. the Screens fit just fine, the only problem is when you have to remove and then replace.

Charles G. 06-20-2020 12:40 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses. We have decided to go with the framed/slider style windows.

Chuck

WaltP 06-20-2020 01:21 PM

If anyone can point to the hack on the tilt frameless windows it would be much appreciated. Personally I would not offer them even as an option.

Walt

Jon Vermilye 06-20-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltP (Post 782553)
If anyone can point to the hack on the tilt frameless windows it would be much appreciated. Personally I would not offer them even as an option.

Walt

While everyone can make their own decision, I've found no problem with ventilation using the Maxx Fan & the frameless windows. I had the framed windows in my 17, and ended up with a wet bed more than once...

WaltP 06-20-2020 05:03 PM

Ah yes. Well back then I had WindorMaxxs on my sliders to avoid that.
I'm seriously considering replacing at least one large frameless with a slider but leaving the two small ones over my bed with the frameless just for that reason.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention I still have one WindowMaxx new in the box for that mod.[emoji3061]

Walt

Jon Vermilye 06-20-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltP (Post 782585)
Ah yes. Well back then I had WindorMaxxs on my sliders to avoid that.
I'm seriously considering replacing at least one large frameless with a slider but leaving the two small ones over my bed with the frameless just for that reason.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention I still have one WindowMaxx new in the box for that mod.[emoji3061]

Walt

You better keep that hidden. They are worth their weight in gold!