Ray N's Trailer :: 2009 EggCamper
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Registry
Trailer Name
Year 2009
Make EggCamper
Model
Length 17'
Packages All Electric
History When I found out that there was an egg with 6' 7" of head room and was 88" wide, yet weighed no more than the others, we put down a deposit and traveled from Florida to Michigan to buy it - sight unseen! I always wanted an egg, but at 6' 4" tall I couldn't bring myself to buy one that didn't have enough room for me to stand up straight.
Interior
The top shelves really add to the usable space
The sleeping area is 54" wide and over 7' long! We keep our TV (etc.) in the extra space at the foot of the bed. My wife loves the open feeling inside, she doesn't feel claustrophobic in it at all, like she does in many other small trailers. Modifications: we made the curtains, cushions, and the bed (from three memory foam toppers). We made a couple of shelves for the top of the big closet, added a basket shelf above the sink, and made a new dinning table that is 6 1/2" longer than the original table (which was way too small). The isle is wide enough that the new 30" table doesn't get in the way at all! The new table isn't shown here, but you can see it below, in the "customization" section.

Customization
Basket Shelf 30" Table
A simple basket shelf above the sink keeps all those little things out of the way. The New bigger table makes dinning much more comfortable.

Tow Vehicle
Our First Night S-10 Meets The Tundra
A 2003 Chevy S-10 V-6.
UPDATE:
We replaced the S-10 with a 2011 Toyota Tundra with 4.6 L V-8. The gas mileage is about the same as with the S-10 V-6, and the extra power is nice when climbing hills. Also, the big Tundra "Double Cab" is SO much more comfortable!
Views: 17247