JenPB's Trailer :: Junior
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Registry
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Junior

Registry
Trailer Name Junior
Year 1972
Make Compact
Model Junior
Length 13'
Packages Basic
1972 Compact Jr. & Friends
History I purchased this trailer in June 2008 from a kid in Goleta, CA after spotting it on Craigslist. None of its systems were complete, and we were due to hit the road in three weeks. Since then, my children and I (and occasionally my husband) have traveled 44 states and a sliver of Canada with Junior. It's a tight fit, but big upgrade from our tent tradition of past road trips.
Interior
2008 - Purchased foam for new pads, covered all pads, made curtains, completed the gas system, completed the water system, installed water hand pump at sink, rewired electrical system, painted interior. (More work to come - always.)

Exterior
2009 - Redesigned the tongue to accommodate the spare tire and the battery (both formerly stored inside the trailer) as well as the LPG tank.

2015 - New tent boot with additional window for better ventilation and visibility when deployed.

2016 - Frame repair - patch weld on the road

2018- Frame-off restoration after weld patch fails and additional frame breakage at weak point under leading edge of trailer shell.

Frame: reinforced, sandblasted, painted with commercial-grade, elastomeric paint thanks to a buddy in the industrial-grade tank-building business.

Body: All fittings, windows, top removed. Rattle-can paint job of previous owner stripped. Exposed robin's egg blue fiberglass body in decent shape, but painter friend had already invested in the paint we'd requested, so we went ahead and repainted it after patching old drill holes (and the old hole for the water tank fill pipe which had been relocated years ago). Windows resealed and reinstalled. All fittings reinstalled.

Roof: Re-arched and reinforced.

Wheels: sandblasted and powder coated

Customization
See tongue redesign. Plus, turned back long closet into shelved closet. And the 8 and 5 year olds designed and painted the back exterior wall. We get lots of thumbs up from fellow travelers; I think it's because of the saying the 8 year old picked.

Charging system installed from tow vehicle to 12v on tongue.

USB charging port installed.

Renovations
Complete frame repair, wrap and reinforcement 2018 Stripping 2018 Completed 2018
See notes in descriptions above.

Other Information
Front Shield Closed 2018 Front Shield Open 2018

Tow Vehicle
Junior 2008
2000 Toyota Sienna with oil cooler (the extent of their "tow package")
Views: 6063