Otters's Trailer :: Rhinestone Bunkhouse
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Registry
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Rhinestone Bunkhouse

Registry
Trailer Name Rhinestone Bunkhouse
Year 1977
Make
Model Scamp
Length 13'
First trip to Half Moon Bay, CA
History Purchased in Aug 2012 in San Jose, CA from the original owner. It was in pretty good shape considering its age. The Scamp was smoke, dog and kid free.
Interior
Just adding color makes such a difference. Cozy bed made up with vintage cowboy chenille bedspread, pendleton blankie & 4" memory foam over cus Aqua door and vintage fishing creel for misc. stuff
I plan to use my little Scamp for girls only camping so I'm having fun with decorating. I'm using a vintage cowgirl theme.
I added Fantastic Fan (favorite mod); replaced carpet with vinyl wood plank flooring; changed curtain rods to Ikea's rods; Put a metal backsplash in and painted it red for fun magnets & ugly splashes; painted the fridge red to match backspash; New Thetford 320p porta-potty; made new curtains out of cowboy patterned vintage barkcloth fabric and roman shades on side windows; changed lights to LED and an additional cigarette lighter plug; remoed door in cabinet over sofa and enlarged opening; Painted entry door and cabinet doors aqua blue; put shelves in closet; painted rusted acorn nuts over rivets (used rustoleum white); added smoke detector, CO detector & fire extinguisher. cleaned up wiring issues; added towel bars and covers for sink and range.

Exterior
New solar panel, Fantastic Fan, and awning rail Lake Oroville Camping Trip
I've ordered lots of car decals to make it fun. I'm just starting to put them on.
I added 100W flexible solar panel on roof; new propane tank and regulator; removed all silicone caulk and caulked around windows & belly band with 3M caulk; replace window seals & glazing; added rail for vintage style awing; made 8x8 awning and matching awning for gravel guard;new hardware for gravel guard; new spare tire cover.
I had electric brakes installed--big change in towing!

Tow Vehicle
2001 Toyota Tundra. Doesn't even know its back there now that I have brakes on the Scamp.
Views: 3008