CampyTime's Trailer :: Shrimp Scampi
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Shrimp Scampi

Registry
Trailer Name Shrimp Scampi
Year 2012
Make Scamp
Model 13 Standard
Packages Standard Options Package, hot water tank, furnace, extra lights.
History Picked up in Backus by previous owner, August of 2012. Picked up by me in Madison, Ohio in October of 2013.
Interior
The previous owner put in a 12 V connector plug, using PVC 3/4" tubing to run the lines. I've added cedar shelves to the closet using free-standing 1/2" PVC. I also cut another closet door opening below the main one, to store extra things around the wheel well. I have a PDR TV mount, mounted under the side cabinet for my 12V TV. I also made a little sliding shelf for my porta pottie, with furniture slides to aid in sliding across carpet. I added a D ring to the floor, under dinette area for keeping the dog safely away from the screen door while sleeping. Winegard Amplified Antenna, various suction cup holders and Command hooks, other little doo dads, but nothing very fancy. All functional!

Exterior
Shademaker 7' awning and rail, MaxAir Fan Mate cover for fantastic fan, D-Shaped Rubber Foam Seal around door (boy, was that a job and a half)

Renovations
Not a renovation, but a repair that taught me a great deal. A leak in the rear, driver side bench compartment, right where marine fabric meets floor. Turned out to be a corroded screw which anchors glassed wood for dinette table, letting in water. While there, I also added sealant around washers for spare tire bolts.

Tow Vehicle
2007 Chevy Express 1500 4.3 Vortech, high top wheelchair van.
Views: 5620