Linda Burns's Trailer :: Hunter Compact II FOR SALE
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hunter Compact II FOR SALE

Registry
Trailer Name Hunter Compact II FOR SALE
Year 1975
Make Hunter
Model Compact II
Length 13'
Hunter Compact II- rear entry door
One outside view Front Other side view
History Purchased from the original owner, three years ago. It was in pretty bad shape; hanging light fixtures, hook/eye drawer holders, really dirty, no D/C electrical, original, dirty flooring, really rotten curtains and cushions, some kind of mickey mouse city water faucet, the skirt around the pop up was dirty, cracked and screening had holes.

This unit has a great feature, A HEATER. It works so well. It is mounted in a cabinet door, which will swing open to direct heat to the sleeping/seating area, if wanted. It has a thermastat knob, which keeps it from running all night. I love that thing.

The padded walls are all in good shape, except in the double door closet. But I did cover that area with a piece of vinyl. so it looks better. I couldn't match the other walls, but it is in the closet so I did not care.

The side windows have sliding glass with screens and provide great ventilation. The entry door, which is to the rear, has a screen in it also.
Interior
Inside refrigerator Stove top sink area
I cleaned and cleaned, replaced light fixtures, was in the process of replacing the city water faucet, bought a battery box for beginning restoration of D/C electrical, installed a side door for the A/C power line to feed through rather than the permanent hole in the floor.

The 3 burner stove top looks in amazing shape I think the previous owner disliked cooking as much as I do. It works very well.

The refrigerator gave me some doubts, because it was really dirty and ole, but it worked very well and the small freezer made ice with no problem. The unit is supposed to be electrical and propane run, but I only used propane the few times I used it

Exterior
I recaulked around the windows, but it is NOT pretty. My talents lay elsewhere. But the unit doesn't leak. There is rust on the hitch and other areas, that I just did not get to painting. It has two propane tanks.

Customization
Seating area in blue, bed area in green night table/side table seating/sleeping area
I reconfigued the seating/sleeping area so I have two side seating areas, but also my one person bed, which could stay made as a bed. (I am a single grandmother.) I also put a shelf in by the one side seating to use as a side table/night stand.

There is extra boards to make the bed into a sleeping are for two.

I took out the dining area, because I kept tripping over the floor holder for the table.

Renovations
view of pop top up down hallway closet wall that I covered
Now to the pop top. I just did not use it much, since there isn't a place in the trailer that my head touches the ceiling. However, the knowledge of the filthy surround part made me replace it. It has the screening on all four sides. But when I went out to take pictures of it, I had a really hard time stretching the piece snap to snap. Partly because I think it may have shrunk, but also because even on a 2 step stool, I had a really hard time reaching it with enough leverage to work stretch and snap.

Other Information
small closet that has shelves, now Heater
The main reason, and really the only one, that I am selling it, is that I just lost heart for it after my dog was killed. It has been almost 3 years and I have a new dog, but this one just doesn't seem as interested in camping as the other one.

I have full title, to the unit, which is licensed in CA for $5 for about 5 years.

Tow Vehicle
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty, which tows the trailer very easily. I lived in the mountains when I first bought it and never had a second of trouble towing it up or down the mountain. In fact, the trailer is so light that one time my 13 year old grandson and I pushed it to adjust its position, while the other grandson stood on the bumper of the trailer.
Views: 12069