40bpm's Trailer :: Bigfoot
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Bigfoot

Registry
Trailer Name Bigfoot
Year 2002
Make Bigfoot
Model B17G
Length 17'
Packages None!
History I bought this trailer in the summer of 2013 and promptly had a massive heart attack, so it sat in my back yard growing mold, mildew and lichen until now (Jul 2016).

Finally recovered enough to do the needed maintenance and get it ready for the road.

Update 10/14/2016:
Replaced the original, prior owner pix with these.

I spent the summer compounding, polishing and waxing. I also cleaned the black frame parts I could get to easily. Then I used a rust reformer followed by Rustoleum paint.

Mounted the new tire cover.
Interior
The prior owner installed some nice flooring and nice knobs on all doors and drawers.

Otherwise, all stock as far as I know. Nice and clean with almost no sign of wear.

Exterior
Again, all stock as far as I know. Pix by prior owner.

Customization
Original axle
Before bringing it home, I had new Maxxis tires installed and new running gear (axle, bearings, brakes, alignment).

I had the axle flipped to give better ground clearance. Replaced the drop axle with a straight axle.

These pix were taken before the new running gear and you can see how low it was.

Renovations
new tire cover new shine more shine
Currently detailing the trailer. Gel coat is in very good condition but needs attention. There is light rust on some of the black metalwork (hitch, steps, bumper frame, skid bar), so I will get that done too.

There was no iconic spare tire cover, so I bought one from Bigfoot and had it shipped. Expensive, but what's a Bigfoot without all it's fiberglass?

Other Information
This Bigfoot is unusual in that it doesn't have any of the expected extras; no awing, no bathroom fan, no stabilizer jacks, no spare tire cover, etc.

This is good and bad. Good because the trailer is light and simple. Bad because I need to buy some of these items.

Tow Vehicle
2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew with tow package. 5.0 liter engine, 6 speed automatic, tow/haul feature. Full cap over the bed.
Views: 4986