Maintenance & Restoration
Care of FGRV Trailers
Owners Helping Owners
Mods, Alterations, Updates
Towing, Hitching, Axles
Fulltiming in your FGRV
Rallies, Camping, Trips
News & Announcements
Search the Registry
Add/Edit My Trailers
Add a Trailer
view more »
Recent Trailer Photos
Upload a Photo
view more »
view more »
The Grimes's Trailer :: 1974 Boler
Click Here to Login
Browse by Username
Browse Recently Added
Browse Recently Modified
Browse Most Popular
Mark Forums Read
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: River Bourgeois
The Grimes's Trailer
View Public Profile
Find all posts by The Grimes
My parents purchased our Boler, second hand when I was a child. I remember every summer spending my fathers two weeks of vacation sleeping on the top bunk, with my little brother on the bottom bunk. It was our window to the wider world and nurtured my wanderlust.
Now that I have a family of my own and a young daughter I have started to repair and update with the hope that I can grow the same love of the wild in her.
ps: My parents still love to camp, in fact this year they “upgraded” to a 5th wheel scamp
- 12v lights replaced
- Under cabinet radio with light mounted over sink
- 3 upper cabinet doors replaced with one long door, lifts upward on pistons
- Kitchenette reinforced and subdivided, fridge compartment sealed from interior
- Kitchenette faced in 1/8” birch ply
- Drawer enlarged and mounted to glides under
- Propane line moved to rear right corner of cabinet
- Furnace removed
- Cupboard with shelf built into furnace opening
- Closet divided with shelves into three cabinets; top for dry storage, middle is vented and holds a microwave, bottom cupboard is storage for canned goods and pantry items (someday an A/C unit)
- Inside of cubbies sanded and painted out white, wires organized into a channel
- Cubby hatches replaced with birch ply
- Batteries upgraded to two in parallel, removed from the rear cubby and installed on the tongue
- Zippers replaced in all cushion covers
- Brass curtain rods replaced with brushed silver
- New curtains with blackout liner
- Doorframe built out for future screen door
- Door repaired (was broken horizontally on both sides at bottom edge of window)
- Battery shut off switch, fuse breaker with two 15amp circuits and a 12v breaker box for boondocking installed in front kitchen side cubby. (30amp receptacle, 30amp cord and trickle charger to come soon)
- Frame rebuilt, with an extended and squared rear bumper, sandblasted and painted.
- New tongue jack and LP cover.
- Spare tire removed from fibreglass shell, mounted to the new bumper.
- LED tail and marker lights
- Furnace vent removed and fibreglassed opening
- Repaired dents, dings, cracks, etc to fiberglass shell.
- Exterior outlet installed beside door
- Fridge vent replaced
All times are GMT -6. The time now is
-- FGRV 2.0
Terms of Service
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Enter your Email:
- your email is never shared with anyone, opt out any time.