Scamp Cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #1

Name: Henry
Trailer: Scamp 2017 16-ft SD / FB
Texas
Scamp Cover

I will be @ Scamp factory on 9-11 to p/u my new 16-ft Scamp. In prep for my visit I review items in part store which I might need, could use or want. Scamp has added a cover for both the 13-ft and 16-ft trailer. It by Classic Accessories for $150.00. Looks like a good deal to me. I stopped at Casita on my way from Houston TX and they have the same cover for the 17-ft trailer for about $300.00.

The reviews on the Classic Accessories site state that the door line-up is a problem but not a major issue and an easy work around.

Henry

I will follow up after using cover for a few months
Gattopuin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Good luck Henry! We're one month behind you. We pick ours up on 10-12. 16' S/D, F/B. We bought a Calmark cover for our 13' and really liked it, but it was about $500. Glad to see Scamp is offering one at a decent price point. Have fun!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Classic Accessories cover for Scamp 13'

Since I just went through the 'find a cover that fits' exercise, I thought I would toss in my two cents.
While the covers from elitemotoronline is still available on eBay, another company (based in near-to-me Kent, WA) recently started selling this option:
https://classicaccessories.com/polyp...-trailer-cover at a list price of $167. I initially got one on Walmart.com for $90 with in-store pickup. But had to return it (wrong size= see below) and found a correct sized 'open box' on Amazon for around $50! (Only the outer box was opened; the inner box was still factory sealed.)
For the Scamp 13', you want the SMALL version (Model 1, 80294143101RT ) for 8'-10' molded fiberglass travel trailers. This despite me asking the manufacturer which size to get and getting a response telling me to buy the bigger one (Model 2 for 10'-13' molded fiberglass travel trailers, 80295153101RT). When I picked up the cover from Walmart, there's a diagram on the box showing both models and clearly the smaller one is the correct one for a Scamp 13'.
Anyway, after a return and reorder, the cover seems to be well made and fits nicely. It almost stretches enough to cover the propane cylinder regulator on the front tongue, but doing so puts stress on the back corner of the sun canopy tube. Even I, at 5'4", can put it on by myself. When you have it on correctly, the zippered door flap is in the correct place and the securing straps that run underneath the Scamp are easily accessible.
Be aware that the entire cover is NOT waterproof. In order to improve its breathability, only the top (white) part of the cover is waterproof. The grey side panels are breathable. In the rainy Seattle area, I plan to get the ShelterLogic 9x16 Monarc canopy to put over my little baby before the winter rains really set in.
I'll try to remember next spring to post about the cover's performance/durability.
jcEmCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #4

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I recently got a price quote of over $500 for a cover for a 13' Scamp from CalMark. On their website they state all the reasons their covers are the best. One thing of interest ... they say Sunbrella fabrics are the best to use as they withstand the elements well. I have to say, my seat covers on 30 year old outdoor furniture still look like new even though they have been outdoors all these years.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:43 AM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcEmCity View Post
Since I just went through the 'find a cover that fits' exercise, I thought I would toss in my two cents. ..
I replied to this same post at SOI and so will post the same reply and question here:

Thanks for the tip...

Looking at the photo is appears that this cover has a flat top and would not work with a Scamp that has roof A/C. Would you agree?

So would the larger size fit a Scamp 16 (maybe without roof A/C)?
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #6

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattopuin64 View Post
I will be @ Scamp factory on 9-11 to p/u my new 16-ft Scamp. In prep for my visit I review items in part store which I might need, could use or want. Scamp has added a cover for both the 13-ft and 16-ft trailer. It by Classic Accessories for $150.00. Looks like a good deal to me. I stopped at Casita on my way from Houston TX and they have the same cover for the 17-ft trailer for about $300.00.

The reviews on the Classic Accessories site state that the door line-up is a problem but not a major issue and an easy work around.

Henry

I will follow up after using cover for a few months
The Colorado sun does a number on outdoor fabric. I usually have to buy new patio cushions every two years, and that is WITH Sunbrella fabric. Anything less and they disintegrate before the first summer is over. We used the Classic Accessories cover for our 13 foot Scamp for the past three summers...purchased from Amazon. I cannot believe how well it held up. In fact we passed it on to the new owners of our Scamp because it was still in really good condition. We weren't sure and almost ordered the Calmark, but have zero regrets because it worked so well. We plan to buy another for our new 16 that is on order (so I'm happy to hear Scamp is selling them!)

The door wasn't off too bad for us. There was enough give in the fabric to allow the door to open, then I'd just leave it open while I went in and out or worked on the inside.

Someone else asked if it would fit over an AC on top, and I think it MIGHT, but it would be a tight fit. I'd size up if I had AC, then use the extra length to cover the battery and tanks, too.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
I have the 8'-10' size cover and scamp with a/c and fantastic fan breeze cover, it fits fine over the a/c and the battery/propane tank.
Attached Thumbnails
20180510_183339.jpg   20180510_183412.jpg  

Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #8

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
I got a Calmark cover for our 2015 Scamp 16, for about $600. They asked about A/C and awning to make a good fit. It does fit well but it is enough of a chore for me to put it on and off alone that I don’t use it as much as I should.
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #9

Name: Billy Sharpstick
Trailer: Scamp 13 - 2005
Florida
Registry
The Scamp one for $150 sounded pretty good, buyt they want $50 shipping! I ended up ordering one from Classic Accessories through Amazon for $98. (The 8-10 version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
. . . Glad to see Scamp is offering one at a decent price point.
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: 2013 13' Scamp
Maine
Classic Accessories

We just purchased from Classic Accessories website, because they have the PermaPro that carries a lifetime warranty.

Classic Accessories PermaPro = $120 with lifetime warranty and free shipping (LINK) (have not found significantly less on other sites)

Classic Accessories PlyPro3 = $100 with 3 year warranty (LINK) (Also found cheaper on other sites)

I'll update after a Maine winter to let everyone know how well this does.
MrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #11

Florida
Registry
I've asked them if that warranty covers just defects or normal weathering. (My old Scamp cover just disintegrated from sun exposure.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
We just purchased from Classic Accessories website, because they have the PermaPro that carries a lifetime warranty.
. . .
Old 02-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #12

Florida
Registry
Actually it was a vendor through the Walmart site. It fits fine. It even stretched enough to cover the spare tire and battery. The propane tank too, but to unzip the door panel it's tight. It looks well designed. I could have gotten the deluxe $600 one from that other company, but I don't plan to keep this trailer long enough to be worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
The Scamp one for $150 sounded pretty good, but they want $50 shipping! I ended up ordering one from Classic Accessories through Amazon for $98. (The 8-10 version)
Old 02-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #13

Florida
Registry
I contacted them. Good warranty, but only against defects, not normal weathering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
I've asked them if that warranty covers just defects or normal weathering. (My old Scamp cover just disintegrated from sun exposure.)

Tags
scamp