Scamp 13 a/c roof support and lights - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Good research.

I tried to convince them to glass is some wood (like they do for the benches) so that the A/C air dist box screws would have something more to bite into. It seems the have declined to make the change.
Gordon, i agree with you. I'm surprised they don't use more glassed in wood in general like escape uses on their trailers. I guess its easier and less time consuming to just throw rivets in through the shell. Well, at least we have some concrete answers on the a/c "support" and roof structure now.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hmmm... Glass in wood in the ceiling, then cut a 14” square hole in the middle and pierce it with numerous screws... Seems like a recipe for water infiltration and eventual rot.

Tabbed cabinetry... Yes, it adds to the cost and has minimal value when you’re using modular fiberglass cabinets. It might be more appropriate for the deluxe.

I’m wondering now what the “pad” material is...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:52 AM   #23

IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post

I’m wondering now what the “pad” material is...
Jon, it's lighter in color so it may be a different type/weave of fiberglass. Like a smooth, more tightly woven fiberglass cloth vs the sprayed on chopped mat.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
That’s what I’d heard- fiberglass cloth. They use pieces of it to seal the belly band, bond the shell to the floor, tab in the bench and bunk supports...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #25

IL
So i have a solution for my dome light. I came across this Hengs led ring that is made for the fantastic fan. Unfortunately, this exact product will not work in the scamp because scamp uses a different trim (wooden) on the fan. However, the idea is sound and I will purchase some led extrusion and diy a similar setup. I will even add a small pwm controller to add dimming. The parts are ordered, I am excited to finally get some more light in the scamp! The pwm controler is great, it has a built in on/off switch as well as dimming capability up to 5 amps.

Tags
light, lights, scamp