Scamp lights - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Morley View Post
.. I'm open to anything else we might try. Thanks, Janis
I thought we covered that.

Trace and test the wiring. Esp the negative. 100 ways to do it. Here is one. Use your multi-meter to check for near zero resistance from the negative (ground) terminal on the trailer plug (to the TV) and any of the negative pins on the outside lights. High or infinite resistance indicates a failed connection on the negative (ground) side. Then through process of elimination, isolate it, then repair it. Do this with no battery and no shore power. In this case you are not looking for voltage but voltage can damage the meter on continuity (ohms) setting.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #22

Name: Janis
Trailer: egg camper 13 ft
Florida
Many thanks for all your help with my lights not working on my Scamp...we got it fixed��!! It was the conversion box in the tow vehicle. I greatly appreciate all of your help!
Janis Morley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #23

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
...Sadly, there's nothing wrong with our tow vehicle. It's something in the Scamp....
Quote:
...we got it fixed��!! It was the conversion box in the tow vehicle...
Glad you got it fixed, -- we were sure confused.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #24

Name: loisg
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Minnesota
This happened to me as well. The color codes for scamp do not match the 7pin. I would find the scamp electrical schematic,
usually the back page of the owners manual, and find the coding to the 7pin. On the scamp plug, match the wires on the plug to the 7pin. You will have to rewire the plug to match as you cannot change the 7pin. This worked for me. I have a 1998 13' Scamp.
ScamperFun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, scamp