Zombie Boler - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 02:10 AM   #41

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
During COVID I've been rebuilding a 1999 Casita. The exterior is done and now I'm into the interior. I have a question about the Reflectix and hull liner. Is this the standard insulation and wall/ceiling treatment? Mine was almost completely bare when I got it, so I don't know what was there. There's just so much one can do with those curvy surfaces. Had you considered other treatments, or is this the standard for curvy fiberglass campers? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Your camper is turning out really nice. I'm getting some really nice ideas from your build.
Generally speaking, I'd avoid reflectix in favor of some sort of closed-cell foam. Probably EPDM or PVC based, since HDPE is a pain to stick to things. The RV makers like Scamp like to claim that it's R-6, but that's only when it's paired with a correctly-sized air gap on the "hot" side. Sandwiched between layers in a wall, it's maybe R-0.6.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #42

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Beautiful work Eric.
So many people would have written this trail off as too far gone. It is fantastic to see that you have saved it and made it into a gem!
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:55 PM   #43

Name: Tenneille
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Registry
the windows

Wow. Well done. Wondering about your windows and if you are replacing any window seals if using the original windows. I have searched the threads on the forums and only found 1 post about the seals. I have not been able to find most of them, even at vintage trailer. It would be great if you could let me know if you find any. There aren't as many 17' restorations so thanks in advance.
Tenneille M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #44

Name: Eric
TN
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenneille M. View Post
Wow. Well done. Wondering about your windows and if you are replacing any window seals if using the original windows. I have searched the threads on the forums and only found 1 post about the seals. I have not been able to find most of them, even at vintage trailer. It would be great if you could let me know if you find any. There aren't as many 17' restorations so thanks in advance.
I got my seals from Pellandent. I ordered 60 feet of H009-344 - 1/8" glass glazing bead.
www.pellandent.com
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #45

TN
Registry
Well, hello there. It's been a while since I posted to this thread. I didn't realize how delinquent I've been. I mean I have a lot of good excuses, like I finished up my Airstream Argosy build and used it going to several events and other camping trips. Then there was hunting season which is where the Boler sat for several months fulfilling its original purpose. But between camping trips and hunting season I did manage to get a few things done. Gally is mostly done just need some touch ups on the paint.

[IMG]gally 1 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]

Faucet can function as an outside shower

[IMG]gally3 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]

With the left-over countertop material, I made a tabletop and small partition top. Also cut mattress to fit one is finished still working on the cover for the second one.

[IMG]table1 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]

Still have some items left to finish on the inside. Finish wet bath walls and install cassette toilet, finish plumbing, tankless water heater, trim work and touchup paint then install the flooring. Once all that is complete, I can concentrate on finishing the exterior. I still have quite a bit of sanding to do and I'm sure a few more applications of body filler not to mention, I haven't quite decided on a paint scheme.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:09 PM   #46

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
You sir, are a craftsman!!
Beauty work both on this boler and the Argosy.
Fred
Old 03-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #47

TN
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
You sir, are a craftsman!!
Beauty work both on this boler and the Argosy.
Fred
Thanks Fred. I've been working on the water heater, toilet and plumbing not real glamorous or photo worthy. Hope to put water pressure on the system this weekend and check for leaks.
Old 05-28-2023, 12:51 PM   #48

TN
Registry
Just looked at the date on my last post and wow. I can't believe it has been over a year since I last updated the project. So let's see where to start.
Wet bath is done, built a fiberglass cover for the A/C unit, put flooring down, painted the rest of the gally and finished the cabinet doors. Here are some photos.
[IMG]Wet bath 3 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]wet bath2 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]Wet bath by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]

The fill trim between the wall and the aluminum trim took about a day to complete once I figured out how I was going to do it which was months of pondering.

To get the A/C cover to look like this..
[IMG]AC cover by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]

I had to make a mold then pop the mold then about 20 more steps before it looked good enough to use.

[IMG]Mold for AC cover by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]AC screen cover 1 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]

Finally got to the point where I felt comfortable putting down the flooring with out worrying about messing it up. Here is how it looks.

[IMG]Flooring 3 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]flooring by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 06-06-2023, 06:59 AM   #49

Name: Grover
Trailer: Bigfoot15
CA
Registry
Fantastic work my man. Really top notch.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:19 PM   #50

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
That is no "duct tape repair" job. Good work! Glad there are some handy folks like you out there (unlike me). The Boler interior looks splendid.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler