Lil snoozy toilet? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

Name: Shane
Trailer: Coleman
NY
Lil snoozy toilet?

Thetford cassette toilet or I watched a YouTube video of a different toilet that the gentleman said it gave more room for shower. Looking to order a lil snoozy and want some input. I like the ease of the cassette toilet that we saw at factory. But we didn't get to see other style either. Also not a small guy 6'1" and husky as they call it nowadays lol.would the cassette toilet give a better seating position if that is understandable? Thanks
Old 04-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
I think I would opt for the Cassette toilet and skip the whole black water tank, hoses, rubber gloves, and need to occasionally clean it all. Ok, maybe rubber gloves.

I believe there are two main brands, Thetford and Dometic. I don't know if one is better.

I've seen them and discussions in a lot of YouTube videos. Some elect to use them just for liquids, but they are always there for emergencies.

Here's one of several mentions by a couple of lovable self-professed nerds.

PS, they probably fill every 2-3 days. Eliminating the black tank probably opens up storage. You likely still have a gray tank.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
funny true story

a guy at a state park had one of those stinky things on a cart guy was on the back of the truck holding it wifey was driving rolling along.

you guessed it naturally she was driving too fast it could have been the guy driving too fast to be fair so they went flying around a curve the stinking thing went out of control flew out of the guys hand and away it went flying down hitting brush and trees.

it was about the funniest thing I ever saw but the stinky thing didn't crack he went down the hill and retrieved it but they drove much slower after that!

bob
Old 04-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #4

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster and 2012 Lil Snoozy
Kansas
Registry
Toilet

We have the Thetford cassette toilet in our 2012 Snoozy.
The bowl turns/swivels around so there is more room for showers.
The cassette toilet is one of our favorite features.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
We also have the cassette in our 2014 Snoozy. Best thing since sliced bread. Our bowl does swivel.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
We also have the cassette in our 2014 Snoozy. Best thing since sliced bread.
Obviously YOUR opinion. Definitely not everyone’s. Had one and despised it. I, on the other hand would respond that a cassette toilet is the worst thing since chamber pots.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #7

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
I have experience with both types. My Scamp has "classic" toilet with black water tank, my TV (small class B motorhome) has a cassette toilet. I like both. With cassette I have more options to dump it. Scamp's black water tank has double capacity. What is better? Both a good. Everything depends on your travel style.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
My favourite description of emptying a cassette toilet uses the phrase "trudge of shame".
Old 04-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #9

Kansas
Registry
Cassette toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Obviously YOUR opinion. Definitely not everyone’s. Had one and despised it. I, on the other hand would respond that a cassette toilet is the worst thing since chamber pots.
I was just stating my preference.
After having a black water tank in our Scamp and a cassette toilet in our Snoozy-i prefer the cassette.
Not saying one is better than the other.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #10

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
My favourite description of emptying a cassette toilet uses the phrase "trudge of shame".
When did you emptying a cassette toilet last time (if you ever did it)?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Didn't say I had. Said my favourite description used the phrase "trudge of shame".
I did have a Porta-potti once. Never again.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:53 PM   #12

NY
Thanks for replies. Did not realize cassette toilet turn also. Thanks
Old 04-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #13

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing ny27 View Post
Thetford cassette toilet or I watched a YouTube video of a different toilet that the gentleman said it gave more room for shower. Looking to order a lil snoozy and want some input. I like the ease of the cassette toilet that we saw at factory. But we didn't get to see other style either. Also not a small guy 6'1" and husky as they call it nowadays lol.would the cassette toilet give a better seating position if that is understandable? Thanks
Shane, you probably saw a video of my Lil Snoozy that was done in Quartzsite Arizona by a gal that full-times in a 13’. I use the Thetford porta-potty so I can remove it from the shower area, leaving the entire shower floor open for my big feet, and so I can maneuver about easily. The Thetford separates from the top half and empties exactly like the cassette toilet and it handles “Husky” just fine.
Dave & Paula
Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #14

NY
Yes that was probably the video. Really tall blonde? We are in N.Y. so it's a ways from factory. Just trying to get as much info as possible before we give our deposit. Thanks
Old 04-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #15

NY
If you could, would it be possible some time to take a photo with it in and with toilet out? You could email them to me or post them here.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #16

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing ny27 View Post
If you could, would it be possible some time to take a photo with it in and with toilet out? You could email them to me or post them here.
Here is a picture with my size 13 shoes to give perspective.
Attached Thumbnails
D9771D7D-C2AE-4B4D-AED1-9452B068534D.jpg   8C7C6128-456C-44EC-9C4E-712DD8544F42.jpg  

Old 04-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #17

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
The issue with cassette dumping isn't just capacity, but where do you dump it. I've been to more than one campground where the toilets were fouled by someone dumping a cassette - and many campgrounds prohibit it.

With a black tank you dump directly to sewer - not a fixture that people have to sit on. And if you dump black first, then gray, no muss no fuss.

If you're a fan of cassette toilets, that's great, but I hope you're among those campers who dump it responsibly.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #18

Kansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
The issue with cassette dumping isn't just capacity, but where do you dump it. I've been to more than one campground where the toilets were fouled by someone dumping a cassette - and many campgrounds prohibit it.

With a black tank you dump directly to sewer - not a fixture that people have to sit on. And if you dump black first, then gray, no muss no fuss.

If you're a fan of cassette toilets, that's great, but I hope you're among those campers who dump it responsibly.
We are responsible dumpers!
Have been to a few dump sites where people have made a nasty mess also.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #19

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Rei View Post
We are responsible dumpers!
Have been to a few dump sites where people have made a nasty mess also.
There are more responsible cassette dumpers than irresponsible dumpers. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of slobs to give all cassette toilet users a bad image, and causing campgrounds to ban dumping them in the toilets. Realistically, they should be dumped at the dump station, not the bath house.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #20

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
There are more responsible cassette dumpers than irresponsible dumpers. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of slobs to give all cassette toilet users a bad image, and causing campgrounds to ban dumping them in the toilets. Realistically, they should be dumped at the dump station, not the bath house.
I think you're right Carl, on all points.

Tags
lil snoozy