Escape Trailer Bunk Bed Pads - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
In conjunction with a bed rail described another link title "Escape Trailer Bunk Bed Rails" I added foam pads to the standard Escape Trailer bunk bed support assemblies and my added bunk bed support assemblies. These pads have been effective in cutting down on head whacks when the kids are playing on the lower bunk. The bunks are safe without them, there's just less worry for us, and booboos for them, when the pads are installed.

I used 3/4" pipe insulation foam cut to fit over the supports. The pads for the standard Escape Trailer bunk bed support assembly pads are one piece, the pads for the added bunk bed rail support assemblies are two pieces.

I used two pieces of foam for the added bunk bed rail supports so that I could use the foam with the inner stainless steel extension tube either retracted or extended.

The following picture shows the bottom of the upper bunk, the normal bunk bed support assembly is shown on the left and the two added bunk bed rail supports in the middle and on the left. The left hand bunk bed rail support has both pieces of foam insulation installed, the right only has one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0961.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2372

The following picture gives an indication of insulation length for both the standard bunk bed support and added bunk bed rail supports.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2373

I suggest you do not use the "self sealing" style of insulation foam as it has adhesive tape that will make removal and reuse difficult. Although the foam tubes fit in the small ledge above the front window, they left a smudge on my ceiling liner. I assume this is from rubbing on the end of the tube. I am going to store my foam tubes in an overhead cabinet or try putting tape over the ends to protect the ceiling liner.

I also use small screws and nuts instead of the supplied clips to secure the smaller extension tube inside the larger support tube, you Escape owners will know what I am talking about. Using screws allows for an easier fit of the foam section.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape