Burro 2000 17ft Widebody Electrical hookup + Manual question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 08:39 PM   #1

Name: Raymond
Trailer: Prospective Burro owner
VA
Burro 2000 17ft Widebody Electrical hookup + Manual question

I have a 2000 Burro 17ft Widebody and have no idea where the external socket for electrical hookup is supposed to be.

If anyone has the same model/year (or around the same year), I'd appreciate a photo of where it's located on theirs. What I'm seeing on mine doesn't look right, but I know the previous owner did hook it up to a generator somehow to show me that the electrical system worked.

Would also love to know where to get a manual for my model/year if anyone knows. I know there's a manual for an 83 Burro in the Documents section but that model is very different from mine.

My apologies btw if this question sounds pathetically silly, but I really am that clueless (but am trying not to be). I bought my Burro in 2018 (around the time when I first joined this forum) and am only now starting to use it. I'm a total newbie when it comes to RVs.
burro_jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: BURRO
Massachusetts
Hello,
I have a 1999 17 I bought last year. The plug out let should be above the rear bumper on the left. The plug stores there and can be pulled out with cord. If it is not there go inside and look under the back bench seats.
Greg in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Greg: That is where mine was, behind the little door.
I had a wake-up call last year when I opened the door and found a "gaggle" of ants inside the rim. So I tore out the door, filled the hole with a spare piece of fiberglass, epoxy, etc. Shaped it, sanded it, and painted it with Brightside and it is whole again.
Then I built a plywood box, fit it underneath with a spring-loaded door, routed the cable through the floor and coiled it into the box. The hole for the cable through the floor was just big enough to pull the cable through, and with some sealant around the cable was able to thumb my nose at the ants attempting to get in. Cleaned up the look of the trailer too.
By the way, if anyone needs a copy of the manual and preparation guide for a 2000 (or thereabouts) Burro 17' just drop me an address and I'll send it off to you. I just printed up some.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: BURRO
Massachusetts
Manual and Set up Guide

Per,
Thanks for the offer of Manual and Set up Guide
I sent you a private message with my address
Greg
Greg in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags