Ensolite Seam Tape - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: Triple E Surf*Side
British Columbia
Registry
Ensolite Seam Tape

Hi all

I am plugging away on the interior of our 77 Surf-Side, and making some progress. One of the things that we will be needing is the seam tape that was used to cover the joints on the interior Ensolite insulation.

I have searched the forums somewhat extensively, and the only reference I found was to a post listing Scamp as still selling the tape. Unfortunately, Scamp has just confirmed to me by email that they are no longer stocking or selling that tape.

I would prefer to use the same type of stretchy tape as was used factory, vs. trying to use caulk to fill the seam.

Any assistance is always appreciated.

Thanks
Scott
The Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #2

Name: Betty
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13
TX
I just ordered some about a month ago. Maybe check back with them? Maybe they can tell you who to order from.
bojetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #3

British Columbia
Registry
Hi Betty

Yeah, I emailed with them yesterday and they confirmed that they have discontinued that tape, and will not be ordering any more in. They did give me the name of where they got it from, and I have reached out to that company to see if it is possible to secure a source.

I have also reached out to another company that makes these types of tapes to see if they have something similar, or are willing to maybe create something.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I ordered a couple of roles and it simply would not stick, it looked nice on the role but maybe it was old staock.
You could fill the seams with paintable caulk then dab it with a sponge to match the texture and hide the seams.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #5

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I ordered a couple of roles and it simply would not stick, it looked nice on the role but maybe it was old staock.
You could fill the seams with paintable caulk then dab it with a sponge to match the texture and hide the seams.
Hi Floyd

This is an option, but unfortunately someone in the past has tried to contact cement the tape on in places, and I am hoping to use tape to cover those stains. I really don't want to get into painting the interior at this point, it has cleaned up nicely and I have enough other projects on the old girl.

Thanks, S
Old 07-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Double sided foam tape and apply baking powder to the exposed side.
Did this in "04 but needs doing again.
Works good, use quaility tape.Fred
Old 07-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Contact cement remover.
https://www.hunker.com/13415254/how-...e-it-has-cured
Old 10-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #8

Name: Curt
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Alberta
Registry
Video How To Caulk and Paint Ensolite Seams

OK, after years of shooting 8mm and Super 8mm movie film, VHS and Hi8 videotape, and now digital video, I have finally taken the plunge and created my first ever How-To video for You Tube - How to Caulk and Paint Ensolite Seams in Vintage Fiberglass RV's!
It's a little on the long side, so feel free to fast forward through the slow bits.
Find it at https://studio.youtube.com/video/4rK.../edit/advanced.
If anyone has any suggestions for more how-to's, or any other subject for You Tube videos, please let me know. I have a couple of ideas, but they may take some time. Next one up will likely be Winterzing a 1978 Trillium Travel Trailer.
Capn.Curt.Wiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #9

Name: Curt
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Alberta
Registry
Sorry, link should be
Capn.Curt.Wiebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside