Perris Pacer: Fixing interior walls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Hi! New to this forum, it seems like a great site for info. I'm a new egg owner with a '81 Perris Pacer. The interior walls & ceiling have what looks like original styrofaom insulation only, no hard surface. Is this how it's supposed to be? I did see another pacer owner state they had to replace the "shag carpet" on the walls. Just wondering where to begin on my new project. I'm sure as I go along, I have more interesting fixes to work. Hope to load pictures later. Thanks for your help.
Eve V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #2

Just an update. The describe further, it looks like the interior walls & ceiling have been sprayed with a popcorn look styrofaom. bubbly looking and soft. I'm sure there should be something covering it but the guy I bought it from said that's how it's always been and is original.

Please help????? Original?? I'd think my kids will start picking it off as soon as we take her out.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita
Mine is an 85 model and it has carpeting on the walls
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The popcorn look you're describing has been used in several different brands of molded lightweight fiberglass trailers. Here's a link to a 1979 Trillium that the owner needed to repair the interior: Need help with 1979 Trillium Jubilee. I see further into that topic, that finish was used in a Boler 17.

You can remove the wallcovering and replace with something else, but as someone else has mentioned it's not an easy job, and certainly not something you'd consider doing over a weekend, or even a month. So, you may want to reconsider doing that. Sounds like you should have a talk with the kids tho. I can understand their fascination with chipping the little bits off.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #5

Dear Donna D.

Thank you so much. Sounds like just the fix I need and good to know it's supposed to be there. Guess I'm lucky as there is only 1 small area that needs a little repair.

I just joined in this week and I'm so hooked. I think the gathering of folks on this site inspired me to go out and join in. Can't wait to get our "egg" all fixed up and attend one of the rallys I've read about.

You all are so cool! Buying a 25-30 year old trailer that needed restoring would of not been my forte just months ago. Now with all the experience & wealth of info shared here, I can't wait. I'm even thinking, does anyone organize a rally at my fav beach, Carpinteria? If not, maybe I'll be ready to step up to the challenge.

Eve in Southern Cal
Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Eve, I don't know about a rally at Carpinteria, but there's a Rally coming up at Lake Casitas in Oct....... You may want to join in. Just up the road from Capinteria. Check it out by clicking on this link: Lake Casitas Rally, Oct 23-Oct 27, 2008; Time to Make Reservations for Lake Casitas Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:47 AM   #7

Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1981 Perris Pacer
California
Popcorn Walls Perris Pacer 1981

Hi Eve, oh my gosh I just read that you have a Perris Pacer and it is a 1981. I just bought a 1981 Perris Pacer too just a week ago and it also has the popcorn walls and cealing. So I guess it is orginal.

But not only do we both have the same trailer and year I see your not far from me. I live in Oxnard and your in Carpenteria. Wow, wow, wow. We live in a very small world.
Plus your name is Eve and my name is Evelyn.

Do you have any pictures of your Perris Pacer?

Pretty amazing,
Evelyn
EvelynSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:13 AM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynSpeaks View Post
Hi Eve, oh my gosh I just read that you have a Perris Pacer and it is a 1981. I just bought a 1981 Perris Pacer too just a week ago and it also has the popcorn walls and cealing. So I guess it is orginal.

But not only do we both have the same trailer and year I see your not far from me. I live in Oxnard and your in Carpenteria. Wow, wow, wow. We live in a very small world.
Plus your name is Eve and my name is Evelyn.

Do you have any pictures of your Perris Pacer?

Pretty amazing,
Evelyn

She may answer but her last post was 11-20-08. Just FYI, for older posts you can click on the members name and see their last posting dates.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer