Replacement Cover for Casita (17') - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #1

Name: Mitchell
Trailer: Casita
Virginia
Replacement Cover for Casita (17')

Our Classic Accessory cover--purchased from Casita with new trailer in 2018--has given up the ghost. One zipper parted during the winter so I taped the two panels together. Long story short: while replacing the zipper today, I removed the tape which shredded a few spots.

I could deal with the manufacturer about warranty and such, but I would rather obtain a more durable cover.

Can anyone recommend a cover that has proved satisfactory?
Thanks.
M. Bober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
I am using the elitemotoronline ShieldAll cover on my Boler 1700. We'll go one more winter for a total of three winters, and then we'll have to replace it.

It starting developing some short rips after a year or so, and we've been patching those, first with a sewing machine and then later we started simply using clear gorilla tape.

The zippers have not ripped out or failed in any other way. Just have to be slow and methodical while zipping and unzipping. Applying wd40 silicone or just cleaning would probably help with zipper operation, but we haven't done this.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #3

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Calmark Cover for Casita

When I bought my 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe last year, the owner included a calmark cover that they had used. I understand that Calmark covers are the cadillac of RV covers - they come with a six year warranty.

Since I keep my Casita in storage in-between trips, I always put the cover on it. The zippers for the door are in excellent shape as is the rest of the cover – no signs of wear and tear except for a couple of small spots where it wraps the steps and the bumper.

The cover is made from sunbrella fabric and it is “heavy”. The prior owner also included a repair kit that consists of several swatches of sunbrella fabric and adhesive.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #4

Name: Nala
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
When I bought my 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe last year, the owner included a calmark cover that they had used. I understand that Calmark covers are the cadillac of RV covers - they come with a six year warranty.

Since I keep my Casita in storage in-between trips, I always put the cover on it. The zippers for the door are in excellent shape as is the rest of the cover – no signs of wear and tear except for a couple of small spots where it wraps the steps and the bumper.

The cover is made from sunbrella fabric and it is “heavy”. The prior owner also included a repair kit that consists of several swatches of sunbrella fabric and adhesive.
Yep Calmark are nice but super expensive... I was just quoted $600.00 for a 17ft. Casita and a mere $65.00 shipping. I have had one before, they are good but also very difficult to put on dues to the weight. They are made of Sunbrella fabric which is one of the best availble.
Yobeevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #5

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 2009 casita 17’ Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Has anyone ordered the PolyPro3 on amazon? 96.00 Just wondered if a good investment or not?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MRYFPL...ing=UTF8&psc=1
MudFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #6

Name: Mark
Trailer: Armadillo
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFrog View Post
Has anyone ordered the PolyPro3 on amazon? 96.00 Just wondered if a good investment or not?

I Bought a PolyPro3 in Feb of this year and am looking for a replacement the roof material is turning to dust already. I live in Vancouver BC Canada not a place know for heavy UV.
Badmotorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
I am using the elitemotoronline ShieldAll cover on my Boler 1700. We'll go one more winter for a total of three winters, and then we'll have to replace it.

It starting developing some short rips after a year or so, and we've been patching those, first with a sewing machine and then later we started simply using clear gorilla tape.

The zippers have not ripped out or failed in any other way. Just have to be slow and methodical while zipping and unzipping. Applying wd40 silicone or just cleaning would probably help with zipper operation, but we haven't done this.
By the way I was WRONG about how long our ShieldAll cover has lasted. It has already lasted three winters and almost 3 years. We are hoping to get through one more winter. We have caused most of the rips, as for the past three years, we have removed and re-installed the cover dozens of times while working on the trailer. To patch rips, we now use clear gorilla tape. First clean the rip area, allow to dry completely, apply the tape using a flat backing surface, then use a plastic putty knife of similar tool to rub/burnish the tape firmly to the cover fabric.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #8

Name: Steven
NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFrog View Post

The polypro3 does not stand up to any UV. Mine turned to dust in a year.
Welchst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #9

Name: MJ
Trailer: Park Liner
GA
So, is Calmark the only place to get a cover that will last at least a season? No competitors worth looking at?
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita