Trillium brakes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
If anyone has done a brake job on a 78 Trillium 4500 and knows where to get brake shoes and magnets I would appreciate the info. There is nothing salvageable except the springs and clips from all of the grease in the drums. When I get the brakes done I will be ready for the road.
A big thanks to Dave Schroeder for telling me where to get new original tailights for the trailer.
The efforts of the mods and the unselfish sharing of info from friendly people is what makes this a unique and great site.
Thank you all,
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Depends in large part on who made the axle, but lots of the brake parts are more or less standard. Might take the backing plate with hardware, plus drum measurements (inside diameter and depth) to an RV parts place for comparison.

Or peruse the Dexter site for measurements; the Tekonsha site also had a lot of brake stuf in a PDF.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
Depends in large part on who made the axle, but lots of the brake parts are more or less standard. Might take the backing plate with hardware, plus drum measurements (inside diameter and depth) to an RV parts place for comparison.

Or peruse the Dexter site for measurements; the Tekonsha site also had a lot of brake stuf in a PDF.
Thanks Pete
It was easier to find the parts than I thought. Instead of buying just the shoes and magnets I bought complete already assembled brakes and backing plates. Everthing is new. 4 bolts and the entire assembly is changed. The drums are in the shop being turned when they are back I am in business.
I just may put brakes on my 13" Scamp as it is a fairly easy job.

John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, trillium