FL 2010 Eggcamper 17K in upgrades. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #21

Trailer: Home Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbooks View Post
Personally, I like white eggcampers. $4500 for red paint...a mystery.
The paint price doesn't surprise me. It looks very nice, will be easier to keep glossy, and makes it look more like the very highend rvs, which it seems to be to me. Congrats on a great looking unit, sir
Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Eggcamper
Florida
Paint and Options.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D White View Post
The paint price doesn't surprise me. It looks very nice, will be easier to keep glossy, and makes it look more like the very highend rvs, which it seems to be to me. Congrats on a great looking unit, sir
Thanks....

Yes, it is much eaiser, no gel coat fade... The metallic red paint with pearl is very expensive... over 2K for just the paint... There is thermal undercoat also first applied.

While all the options are clearly not needed, I cant think of any I dont use constantly!.... The entry steps and grab handle are an example... the 20+ year olds working on the EGG, always pulled them out! The storage tray is a real necessity...

And most of us have cable or sat TV at home, so why not in a travel trailer..lol...

Its great to level the unit from inside, no cranking...

Anything less than the 3K gen, and you cant run your A/C, micro wave and hot water heater at the same time...

By the way , there were no used ones(Eggcampers) on the market when I bought and there are none now....

Regards
Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #23

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabviper View Post

By the way , there were no used ones(Eggcampers) on the market when I bought and there are none now....

Regards
Just Googled and found another one "right off the bat" (cool baseball term):
Egg camper for sale - Yakaz For sale
and its exactly one third the advertised price of this one.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #24

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
That item is not the same, it is made by Jim Palmer but it is not the EggCamper. EggCampers normally run about $18k new from factory and maybe $12k for a used one. But they do not have the paint and the big screen tv and the other items. It depends on what you want. If you search the archives here you will find some prices. I know I had one.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #25

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That item is not the same, it is made by Jim Palmer but it is not the EggCamper. EggCampers normally run about $18k new from factory and maybe $12k for a used one. But they do not have the paint and the big screen tv and the other items. It depends on what you want.
Ah, grasshopper just get an air compressor and blow it up to any size you want it to be. Easy.

So much for humor, here is a big one for sale in Ohio:
http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/3060154466.html
Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #26

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
Norm, thats the Tear drop version... you cant walk, sit or shower in it, or go to the bathroom, just sleep in it and cook outside ...

Its $12K, for a fraction of the length and utilty... no GEN, home entertainment system or sat or TV, no full bed, no dinette, or even a frige or microwave... I believe,,, but still very cool...a throw back to when their were no motels and it took days to cross the country... The military has bought a bunch of them by the way... for towing behind Hummers...

Regards
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #27

Florida
Past Eggcamper sales:

This is the only one I located and it was listed on this site..... one more sold before that... It is not the teardrop which is 10K bare, and likely more than that when really out the door, just as the EGG is ....

"Very lightly used last summer, this 2009 Egg Camper is pristine. All electric. A/C. Heat. Power toilet. Shower. great for a couple. Clean. Outstanding example of this lightweight beauty. Paid ca. $19000 fully equipped. Pre-season special offer: $15999. Located in West Michigan, Grand Rapids area.
Contact Jim at kj.miller[at]comcast.net for pics and further info.

This unit is sold."

It was sold early in 2010.

Note he paid 19K in cash, no GEN, jim does not install any options, nor discount, nor do credit......no bed spreads, no towels or dishes, no TVs and etc... These are expensive well crafted units, and very few ever hit the used market....

There is no model year... just a MFG date by the way...

Regards
Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #28

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
I think when you do these kinds of specialty mods, including a highly unusual paint color, you narrow your resale market. The guy with the leopard interior, I spoke to last winter when he was trying to sell his casita. Not many people want leopard walls, so he's having a tough time selling it obviously--even at a good price. People like a hardwood floor instead of carpet (or laminate floor), and other little upgrades, but generally, I think specialty upgrades that reflect an owner's unusual taste don't increase price, and can sometimes decrease it. Just IMHO.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #29

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbooks View Post
I think when you do these kinds of specialty mods, including a highly unusual paint color, you narrow your resale market. The guy with the leopard interior, I spoke to last winter when he was trying to sell his casita. Not many people want leopard walls, so he's having a tough time selling it obviously--even at a good price. People like a hardwood floor instead of carpet (or laminate floor), and other little upgrades, but generally, I think specialty upgrades that reflect an owner's unusual taste don't increase price, and can sometimes decrease it. Just IMHO.

I wholly agree, to a point! The leopard print is extreme. But inferno red is the most popular dodge and jeep color, and replacing black decal stripes on the side with gold and silver metalic painted strips is not very extreme... and the decal will not last a long time, the black will leach down the sides at some point and fade/peel...

The carpet comes from the factory that way, and it is fiberglass underneath and lfits up.

Basically the Unit is being sold at the cash price of an EGG plus a Generator, everything else is gravy. And you cant mount a 3k Honda gen on the frame unless the frame was modified by Eggcamper for you, other wise it is fitted to a Honda 2K Kw gen from the factory. Jim does not install any GENs...

I have been driving it around and leaving it in shopping mall parket lots with a for sale sign on it for the last 2 days. Each time when I come back there is a group of people around it, the higher asking price is shown.. I give tours... not many seem to be offended! LOL.

On my trips, it has always received the same attention in RV parks, people knock on the door to see it......

I'm sure its not for everyone.. but a person, who is planning to mount a TV, home entertainment, a GEN, likes steps and a grap handle, over door light, a rear storage tray and lots of upgraded electronic internal 60% larger a/c for trvales into the gulf, more 12v/120v lines, auto transfer switch box, a roof top carrier for their car, and just the easiness of the all electric leveling system, solar charging system and etc is saving a bundle, including weeks of time making the changes... They are going to be $10K better off even before the paint! And starting out with matching linen, $400 marine mattress, spice racks, mounting for plastic cups and glasses, food racks, soda can rack, custome shelving in the pantry...a mounted shower caddy, matching shower curtian, plates, place mats, trays... are nice free bees .

Best to you...

Regards
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Registry
just like selling a house with a swimming pool, to some it is an asset, to others, a liability!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #31

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
just like selling a house with a swimming pool, to some it is an asset, to others, a liability!

Agreed, one man's junk is another mans treasure..

On the other hand try to find a house in south florida w/o a pool...

In my area, its almsot impossible to sell a house w/o a pool.. and with that though time for a swim....

Regards
Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #32

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
I know this doesn't put money in your pocket but if I had seen your Egg Camper 3 weeks ago (before I bought my new "sticky") I would be very interested in your camper. Having spent $5000 on Bean's paint job, I think you are offering yours at a steal with everything else on it!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #33

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
I know this doesn't put money in your pocket but if I had seen your Egg Camper 3 weeks ago (before I bought my new "sticky") I would be very interested in your camper. Having spent $5000 on Bean's paint job, I think you are offering yours at a steal with everything else on it!!!

Thanks.. I dont think many people realize how much they will actually put in to one , once they walk out the door at close to 19K....

Well I wish I had listed a couple of weeks ago, but my decssion was sudden...

By buying bare as I have often learned, you can find your self penny wise and pound foolish...

Regards and have a good time with your unit... in the end thats what it is about... and all that matters...
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #34

Florida
Relisted on EBAY, search Eggcamper

[QUOTE=scarabviper;314729]June 15th , 2012.....

RELISTED ON EBAY
This ULTIMATE EGG with 3K honda EU3000si generator, custom paint , all powered levelers, solar panel, sat dish, upgraded 8,000 BTU A/C, up graded power center, cutom built entertainment center/cabinet(surround sound, 32" flat panel, Blu Ray,UPS, custom marine matress, alloy wheels, omin directional HD TV, and more....

The comfort of a 40 FTer, in a small foot print.

Is now listed on Ebay... just search Eggcamper... the only used one on the market, and there is a waiting list for new ones.. and a fairly bare one is $19K out the door... see complete pictures on ebay!

Its wider, it has more interior height than the competiton and its better built, all fiberglasss inside and out.. no stick furniture..

GEN has aorund 50 hours, 3,000 miles on units.. the cutom paint job was $4500, metalic red inferno pearl... with gold and silver metalic stripes..

Can be towed by a car, crossover... weight bare 1900 pounds as equiped under 2300. Very areodynamic, min air drag... Turns on a dime ....

Located Cape Coral Florida...

Got to $19.2K , relisted for 7 days, with NO reserve, starting price of $20K, so the highest bid over $20K takes it, or buy it now price of $22.5K.

regards
Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #35

Name: Jill
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
I just bought this for $21,000 pn EBay. If I would have seen this post first, I could have saved myself $900 because that's what it will cost me to drive from Minnesota to Florida to get it!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #36

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJill View Post
I just bought this for $21,000 pn EBay. If I would have seen this post first, I could have saved myself $900 because that's what it will cost me to drive from Minnesota to Florida to get it!!
No , because while the reseve was gone that was the starting price, and no reserve auctions usually mean more bidders... and the EGG had over 100 watchers... You got a great deall! And below my lower Buy it now price.....

The person who out bid you in the regular auction, but was below the reserve.. also wanted it, and you just beat him/her by taking the second offer...

Now if you can wait a few weeks, I will tow it to you much closer if you would like and reduce your pickup cost as i headback to texas...

Regards

Regards
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #37

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Yes, you are right.... I'm just nervous. This is many firsts for me ... First camper and first purchase on eBay!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #38

Pennsylvania
Registry
WElcome Jill,
you are the new owner of the pretty Egg?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #39

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Almost!!! Got the deposit on its way and will be finalizing soon. Yay!!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #40

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Congrats to both John and Jill!

Tags
eggcamper