greeting from a Montana 'Escape'e ;) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2016, 04:38 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
Montana
Registry
greeting from a Montana 'Escape'e ;)

Hey Y'all,

Just joined today, and figured I'd say 'hi'. I'm an introvert, long-time hermit-in-training, moved to Montana 3 years ago, and have been living a part-time, 4-season, off-grid life, mainly in the vicinity of Bozeman.

I started out about a year and a half ago with a new 2015 Jayco Jayflight 145RB, then upgraded to a 2010 Escape 17A a year ago. My particular passions are off-grid living, solar power, and creative insulation solutions for the Montana winters.

I can also be found very occasionally on the Escape RV forum. If you see a forest green trimmed Escape in southwestern Montana, it's almost guaranteed to be me.
philostechedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Welcome, Michael!!

We are happy that you joined our family.

And you are correct when you said that you upgraded to an Escape. That's truly the ultimate.

Living off-grid is a heck of a challenge in wintertime! I commend you for your resiliency. Perhaps you might share with us some of your secrets for it. How do you manage the condensation that is generated by the cold walls?

Again, welcome. You will find that folks here are generally very helpful, friendly and accepting of all. Sure, there's the occasional grump and the occasional disagreement, but what family doesn't have those?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Welcome aboard, Michael.

It would be great if you cared to share some of your findings with what works best with your style. I am sure there would be a good bunch of folks interested.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #4

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Welcome!
I'll be traveling through Boseman tomorrow (Friday the 16th) with my Escape 13. Wave if you see me.
Phil
Old 09-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #5

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
how many solar panels do you have set up for your power

Quote:
Originally Posted by philostechedon View Post
Hey Y'all,

Just joined today, and figured I'd say 'hi'. I'm an introvert, long-time hermit-in-training, moved to Montana 3 years ago, and have been living a part-time, 4-season, off-grid life, mainly in the vicinity of Bozeman.

I started out about a year and a half ago with a new 2015 Jayco Jayflight 145RB, then upgraded to a 2010 Escape 17A a year ago. My particular passions are off-grid living, solar power, and creative insulation solutions for the Montana winters.

I can also be found very occasionally on the Escape RV forum. If you see a forest green trimmed Escape in southwestern Montana, it's almost guaranteed to be me.
: just interested in the solar panels did u use poly or Mono and if mono how big are they to get enough solar panel I would think one would need 4 batteries and 3-100W which each puts out about 5.6A per hour at best of time if laying flat and sun is out all day long so might average pretty good during those hours then it will drop to around 3 A for rest of day even when dark out they say never below always above one will get a bit.
Should be able to run almost anything with that kind of power with 3000W inverter but 2000W might do fine to.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
PHIL!!!! Wonderful to know that you are in-transit now.

Safe travels.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape