Door Seal 1980 Burro (Will this work?) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2017, 05:10 PM   #1

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Smile Door Seal 1980 Burro (Will this work?)

Hello wonderful Fiberglass trailer owners!

It is almost 2018 and I want to start it off by doing several updates to our Burro we got in October.

I'm looking for a good door seal and have done some research, but wanted to get the OK from the forum before I purchase. Right now there is just some thick weather stripping (halfway hanging off) around the door of the Burro. I am looking to get: Trim-Lok Trim Seal with Side Bulb – PVC Plastic Trim with EPDM Rubber Bulb Seal – Fits 1/4” Edge, 7/16” Bulb Seal Diameter, 25’ Length and place it around the door frame instead of the door.

I've measured the door frame of the Burro and the fiberglass looks to be close to 1/4" thick most of the way around. Let me know if you all think this will work!

I am also going to upgrade our lights with LEDs (7" LED Bus Lights) I'm hoping these will work okay as well. I've never dealt with wiring before but I hope they will not be too hard to replace.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
wxmixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #2

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
door seal

That sounds like it would work. I have a little bit newer Burro. I believe they are the same door. I ordered the Scamp door seal for mine. It works great.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #3

Name: Rob
Trailer: 1975 Triple E Surfside
Alberta
Registry
I haven't seen a burro to see how much gap there is.. I to just replaced my Boler door seal.. I bought the large bulb one and the door would not close.. TOO thick.. I ended up cutting the bulb off.. then it worked.. The 7 " bus lights work perfectly.. only three wires.. easy and compatible with the typical 4 pin harness. white is ground.. brown is tail light... Red is turn / stop.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #4

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Wonderful, thank you for the feed back, I may opt for the Scamp door seal to avoid the issue of it being too thick.
wxmixte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro