19 vs. 21 Escape...? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #81

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Every small trailer prioritizes some things and compromises on others. The Independence is all about those two glorious beds and a good-sized bath. Everything else is secondary (though the galley is actually a little bigger than the popular Spirit model).

I happen to like Scamp's side bath layout. It prioritizes the number of berths (rather than their size) and the galley- I really like the split set-up with washing/drying on one side and cooking/prep on the other. It works as a twin layout, too: large "twin" in back, small "twin" in front. But the bath is almost an afterthought, really small.

If you want it all, there is the Bigfoot 25, with a walk-around queen or side-by-side twins, dry bath, galley with range and double sink, and separate lounge/dining area. If you want a smaller trailer, you have to set your priorities and be willing to let go of other things.

Comparing the Escape 19 and 21, the 19 has both a larger bed and a bigger bath, but compromises on the crawl-over orientation and more congested mid-section. The 21 gives up some size on the bed and bath to gain the all-important (for some) longways bed orientation. The 21 prioritizes space and openness, while the 19 prioritizes efficient space utilization and a more compact size.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #82

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Comparing the Escape 19 and 21, the 19 has both a larger bed and a bigger bath, but compromises on the crawl-over orientation and more congested mid-section. The 21 gives up some size on the bed and bath to gain the all-important (for some) longways bed orientation. The 21 prioritizes space and openness, while the 19 prioritizes efficient space utilization and a more compact size.
I would agree with that Jon except for one thing: the bath in the 21 is larger, not smaller. Feels downright palatial to us compared to our 19. In the 21 the distance from the front of the toilet to the wall (which in this case is the door) is about 8 inches more, and the width is about 4 inches more. We still have no problem showering in the 19 bath however, despite how tight it is. And because it's a side bath, we get the 4 person dinette on one end, and the full queen on the other.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:54 AM   #83

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
19 vs. 21 Escape...?

Thanks for the correction on that, Robert. Should have checked the website before posting- Escape posts very thorough measurements.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #84

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
note the data on the Escape website is for the updated model. Units from pre-2017 are slightly different.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #85

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Looking!
Florida
I ran into a very nice couple the other day in Oakhurst, CA. I was gassing up my van, and in pulled a sweet pick-up towing a 21’ Escape. Both vehicles were sparkling clean, white, and the Escape was naked! I really liked the look of it sans graphics. I asked them about their feelings on the camper, and they were nice enough to let me in to take a look see after I relayed my 19 vs. 21 dilemma. 100% love the 21’ layout! And it’s seems much more spacious inside, just by omitting the mid-bath. They also had optioned the drawer stack by the bed to include a hanging closet atop the drawers and it still felt nice and roomy. So. I think I’m one step closer...! BTW, they’ve had their camper for about two years and love it! Not a single problem except some refrigerator temperature issues, which were an easy fix. They also said they use it frequently and had many other types/brands of campers, but the Escape was by far their favorite. Good to hear!
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #86

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Watch out Ramona, all this looking and searching somehow often seems to lead to finding!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:01 AM   #87

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Watch out Ramona, all this looking and searching somehow often seems to lead to finding!
Tell me about it.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #88
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
... 100% love the 21’ layout! And it’s seems much more spacious inside, just by omitting the mid-bath....
Of course, to be fair, the 21 is also 4" wider than the 19.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:29 PM   #89

Name: jerry
Trailer: KZ Sportsman 17RBS
Tennessee
So Deva what have you bought?!?
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape