Trillium Furnace Quit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 05:01 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Trillium Furnace Quit

The original Duo Therm furnace on my 1980 Trillium 4500 has worked well for many years. This weekend was my first time out this year with the trailer, and it was pretty chilly. I could light the pilot on the furnace, and turn the knob to 'on' but the furnace would not turn on when the thermostat was turned up and 'clicked' on. The trailer is stored inside so I dont think its an insect issue. These furnaces seem pretty simple, anyone have an idea how to diagnose or what to check? Thanks!
Thomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W View Post
The original Duo Therm furnace on my 1980 Trillium 4500 has worked well for many years. This weekend was my first time out this year with the trailer, and it was pretty chilly. I could light the pilot on the furnace, and turn the knob to 'on' but the furnace would not turn on when the thermostat was turned up and 'clicked' on. The trailer is stored inside so I dont think its an insect issue. These furnaces seem pretty simple, anyone have an idea how to diagnose or what to check? Thanks!

The main burner valve may not be opening due to insufficient voltage from the thermopile. I have had a similar problem with our 1979 Trillium in the past.

The fix was to remove the pilot burner and clean it very well. The burners will rust and the buildup will limit and distort the pilot flame such that it does not impinge properly on the thermopile, thus reducing the voltage output.

Of course, it is also possible that the thermopile is not working well.

Paul
Paul Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, trillium