New Trilliums - Finally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
New Trilliums - Finally

It's been a real challenging year, as we all know.
I'm tired of the border mess, so I've decided to start again - yes AGAIN for Trillium production Phoenix.
I'm working on several improvements, so everyone will be pleased with updated model(s).

Please visit TrilliumRV.com
for the notice and future updates.

Happy Thanksgiving to all US friends, and hope Canadian friends enjoyed theirs.

Stay Healthy!

Tom
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #2

Name: Nigel
Trailer: In the market
Ontario
Hey Tom
Does this mean you have severed your ties with L’air? We went to look at them but there was several things that we thought needed improving. I got the impression they weren’t campers and hadn’t really tried using their prototype.

Nigel
NigelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:38 AM   #3

Name: Steven
South Carolina
Certainly curious about a US-available trillium. Aren't they still in production in Canada? Are you affiliated with trillium or just somehow using their name? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
Steve_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
Certainly curious about a US-available trillium. Aren't they still in production in Canada? Are you affiliated with trillium or just somehow using their name? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
It’s rather complicated. The Canadian operation is making a version off the old Trillium molds, but they do not own the rights to the name, so it’s sold as the Outback.

The American operation has the name and logo, but it has been an up and down, on and off saga. The longest iteration seems to have been the Trillium Sidekick, of which there are several owners on the forum. Though short-lived, it did retain one distinctive and desirable feature of the original lacking in the Outback: all-around jalousie windows. Sidekick also offered the larger 15’ model as well as the more common 13’ version.

I’d love to see a Trillium revival succeed, but it faces tough competition in the premium 13’ class. Price-wise it competes against Outback, Armadillo, and Happier Camper, not Scamp.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #5

South Carolina
^this is good info, thanks for the explanation!

We have too much competition in the $20,000+ fiberglass market. Scamp really holds a monopoly on the sub $15,000 campers (the used scamp market can't even compete with scamp direct pricing ). I think this is a real shame.

Hopefully they can offer something more reasonable. I may talk to them about my needs and see what they could offer.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #6

Name: aaron
Trailer: in the market for Trillium
Ontario
Mattman Trillium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomA View Post
It's been a real challenging year, as we all know.
I'm tired of the border mess, so I've decided to start again - yes AGAIN for Trillium production Phoenix.
I'm working on several improvements, so everyone will be pleased with updated model(s).

Please visit TrilliumRV.com
for the notice and future updates.

Happy Thanksgiving to all US friends, and hope Canadian friends enjoyed theirs.

Stay Healthy!

Tom
Dear Tom: We have a Mattman Trillium produced July 2011. I understand several were made. What information is available? aaron fenton in Port Perry, ON, Canada.
fentona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: 2008 OutBack 13ft., Camp Inn 560
Illinois
windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
It’s rather complicated. The Canadian operation is making a version off the old Trillium molds, but they do not own the rights to the name, so it’s sold as the Outback.

The American operation has the name and logo, but it has been an up and down, on and off saga. The longest iteration seems to have been the Trillium Sidekick, of which there are several owners on the forum. Though short-lived, it did retain one distinctive and desirable feature of the original lacking in the Outback: all-around jalousie windows. Sidekick also offered the larger 15’ model as well as the more common 13’ version.

I’d love to see a Trillium revival succeed, but it faces tough competition in the premium 13’ class. Price-wise it competes against Outback, Armadillo, and Happier Camper, not Scamp.
We have a 2012 Outback we bought used. Really like it.
Does anyone know if the windows are interchangeable? Meaning could jalousie windows be put in our Outback. I would love to at least get a couple changed out.
David O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #8

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David O. View Post
We have a 2012 Outback we bought used. Really like it.
Does anyone know if the windows are interchangeable? Meaning could jalousie windows be put in our Outback. I would love to at least get a couple changed out.
Yes you can, but be cautioned that custom windows are rather pricey. Manufacturers buy in volume at a substantial discount.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #9

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
^this is good info, thanks for the explanation!

We have too much competition in the $20,000+ fiberglass market. Scamp really holds a monopoly on the sub $15,000 campers (the used scamp market can't even compete with scamp direct pricing ). I think this is a real shame.

Hopefully they can offer something more reasonable. I may talk to them about my needs and see what they could offer.
Highly doubt you are going to see one in the Scamp 13 price range. First, Trilliums are more complicated to build, for example, cabinets are fiberglassed to the shell versus rivets. Full fiberglass floor plus fiberglass under the sub floor.

As far as too many companies in the higher priced segment, most of not all of them are sold out.

Scamp has kept a simple 13 footer in their product while others like Casita, Escape, and Bigfoot have all dropped that size. Thank goodness for Scamp!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #10

Name: David
Trailer: 2008 OutBack 13ft., Camp Inn 560
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Yes you can, but be cautioned that custom windows are rather pricey. Manufacturers buy in volume at a substantial discount.
Custom yes but I am wondering if the window size in the new Trilliums are the same size as our 2012 Outback. So that they could just be swapped out.
David O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #11

South Carolina
They have an email address listed on their website if you want to contact them that way. Sales@TrilliumRV.com

I will say I emailed them earlier this week and did not hear back. My assumption is that they are not yet ready to begin business.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #12

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David O. View Post
Custom yes but I am wondering if the window size in the new Trilliums are the same size as our 2012 Outback. So that they could just be swapped out.
I don't think there are any new Trilliums yet, just a plan. If the plan does happen, it would certainly be worth a call to find out. The likelihood they will be the exact same size is small, but if they're a little larger, fiberglass can be trimmed.

Tags
trillium