Parkliner: 2016 Air Conditioner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 05:40 AM   #1

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Smile Parkliner: 2016 Air Conditioner

Has anyone replaced the room air conditioner put into the older models? I have been searching for something with easier access to the filter, maybe smaller and using less power. Priority is easy access to air filter for regular cleaning. Thank you.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie14 View Post
Has anyone replaced the room air conditioner put into the older models? I have been searching for something with easier access to the filter, maybe smaller and using less power. Priority is easy access to air filter for regular cleaning. Thank you.
isn't the screen just behind the front grill? should not be hard to get off.
Do you have pets, or some other reason the screen to get dirty often?
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #3

North Carolina
Reason

Tom Bass, told me it would be hard to access. I’ve got screws out but need to unplug and have to move trailer to get to outside hatch for that. According to manual filter pulls out to the right. Area blocked by bathroom door trim. Reasons are dogs and lung cancer. Also think after 5 years it’s probably filthy. Might just need to modify how it is mounted but interested in options. Thanks for responding.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #4

Name: Harry
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie14 View Post
Tom Bass, told me it would be hard to access. I’ve got screws out but need to unplug and have to move trailer to get to outside hatch for that. According to manual filter pulls out to the right. Area blocked by bathroom door trim. Reasons are dogs and lung cancer. Also think after 5 years it’s probably filthy. Might just need to modify how it is mounted but interested in options. Thanks for responding.
If your 2016 is like my 2013 Parkliner, the air conditioner has to be pulled out of its compartment to gain access to the filter. As you said, the filter slides out to the right. My ACU comes out by removing the wood retainer strip in front of the ACU. Its screws are accessed from the bottom (use a mirror to locate them and see what kind of screwdriver you need - phillips type as I recall) With the wood strip removed, the ACU slides straight out toward the refrigerator. My power cord was long enough that I did not need to unplug it to get enough room to slide the filter out. If needed the receptacle for the ACU is on the left side of the opening and easy to get to with the ACU pulled out.
I tried to find another ACU with a front flip down filter access, but was not successful. The compartment dimensions limit what will fit. I did switch out the OEM ACU for a new one with 1000btu more rating and a remote control. It was just was too hard to get down on the floor to read and work the AC controls. The new unit's filter was also a right slide out type. I modified an universal AC filter kit to attach a filter to the outside of the ACU grill with velcro strips. This way, I do not have to pull the ACU out of its compartment to clean the filter.
hp in va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:52 PM   #5

North Carolina
Thank you Harry

Got the air conditioner out and was able to remove and clean the extremely clogged filter. Will likely put the same unit back in place but will be looking for a replacement at some point that has access to the filter from the front. You were right that the cord was long enough I didn't need to access the unit from the outside. Thank you.

Tags
parkliner