Parkliner 2014 Batteries switch off installation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: Allen
Trailer: Park Liner
Florida
Parkliner 2014 Batteries switch off installation

Hi guys,

I am new to the site and was wondering if someone can share some experience. I have recently bought a Parkliner 2014 and I am really happy with everything. I would like to install a battery switch off and I would like to know if any of you have installed one? Where did you install it and what type of switch?
I do not have a battery monitor inside the trailer. I sow somewhere something like an opening on the battery cover and install a switch over the batteries but I will need 2 openings with covers and 2 switches one for each battery because the batteries are connected in parallel. Too much work and money for the return benefit.
The other option is to remove the LP monitor fuse from the panel, that is how the previous owner had it. I'm not sure if the board consume any electricity. It is such a pain to access the batteries because you have to remove both LP tanks and unscrew 4 screws.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4270.jpg   IMG_4286.jpg  

IMG_4287.jpg  
Allenvazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Battery Disconnect

With two batteries in parallel, you should need only one disconnect switch in the ground cable side. I had a switch on our 2016 Parkliner, but just one battery, so was able to locate id in the empty space where the second battery would go.
Unfortunately, after a couple of winters, the switch would stick in the closed position (it had a spring inside the was supposed to open the contacts when the key is removed) As a result, I had a dead and frozen battery again.
There was a trickle discharge because the CO/LP gas detector was always energized. Now, I have a small "light" switch behind the detector to shut it off when we're not using the camper.
Send me your e-mail, and I can show you pictures. Lwgcollins@aol.com
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #3

Florida
Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your response. I am emailing you now. You are totally right about only one switch on the negative terminal. The problem I had is the switch I got sit on one battery terminal and when isolated the other terminal that is not isolated was still sending current since the cables were connected from manufacturer. I sent the switch back and I am ordering a different one to install on the negative cable before the battery conection. I think I will place it underneath the battery box on the opposite site of where the cables inter the box from the trailer. At least on my set up. I will try on the weekend. The pics are with old batteries, I have replaced those already.
I am interest to see your light switch intallation for the CO/LP sensor. Not sure your experience after installation of the light switch but I have read some circuit boards will still consume small amount of current.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4319.jpg   IMG_4019.jpg  

Old 05-04-2021, 07:52 PM   #4

Florida
I went with a different switch and bought extra cables. Working perfectly after instal. Wire colors are not following codes.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4348.jpg   IMG_4351.jpg  

IMG_4352.jpg  

Tags
parkliner