Lil Nugget -85 Uhaul Restoration - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #21

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
'From the "Files" section on the U-Haul Facebook site:

Side Window Cutout
24 5/8” wide by 19 1/4” tall. Note - due to limited clearance on the outside , the height cannot be increased. The cutout can be increased in width.

Front / Rear Window
Cutout is 18” tall x 41 1/4” wide. Best replacement option is Scamp window

Door Window
Cutout is 14 ¾” x 20 3/8”

Utility Hatch
Cutout is 11” x7”

Fresh Water Tank Dimensions
11”x 14” x 14.5”
Old 12-31-2017, 10:36 AM   #22

Name: Adam
Trailer: Uhaul
Florida
It's been a slow start with the Holidays and kids out of school but I've been trying to formulate a plan of attack. It seems like the Uhauls are more difficult to restore with the lack of replacement parts. A lot of rigging and figuring out how to make stuff work. Was wanting to have a plan before diving in but I think I will be working off a general idea and plan/make changes along the way . Did purchase a cheap canopy to help keep the sun and rain off and got it set up yesterday. It's a cheapy ...less than $100 so I'm heading to the store to pick up something to add additional bracing. Hoping to find something that works.
My better half hates the new canopy in the driveway. Im hoping it will last long enough to finish up the restore and then it will go.
moonpies4misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #23

Florida
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171231_112601.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	114812
Old 12-31-2017, 11:25 AM   #24

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have one of those canopies made by Shelterlogic, but only 10 feet long. Even used it camping until we fixed all the leaks and bought a bag awning. Be sure to replace the body bolts before you do the floor over.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #25

Florida
Bought some chainlink fence brackets and a stick of conduit to brace up the shelter. Now just need to put them on.
I need to lift the shell off the frame for frame repair. Thinking it would be a good idea to leave existing floor intact to help support the shell while off the frame. Not sure how to replace the floor . I would prefer to do it while shell is on the frame but I need,to Fiberglass the top and bottom of new Ply flooring. The frame will be in the way for glassing the bottom though

Tags
uhaul