Repair Shop in Los Angeles area - looking for recommendations - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #1

Name: Amber
Trailer: Scamp
California
Repair Shop in Los Angeles area - looking for recommendations

Hi, I just bought a 1997 16' Scamp Deluxe. I'm looking for any recommendations of repair shops in the greater Los Angeles area because I'd like to get it road ready. I'll be traveling cross country starting in May. I've already done some online research for RV repair facilities but have not seen anyone specifically specializing in Fiberglass trailers. Thanks in advance.
amberbradberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #2

Name: Alex
Trailer: 1999 Casita 16' "Snufkin"
California
I was in your shoes exactly a year ago (minus the cross country trip) after buying my 1999 Casita. It was tough to find someone, but eventually I was able to get mine examined and some work done by "The RV Guy" - he has highest ratings on Yelp if you look him up. It's two guys Martin and Milan and they come out to you (for a small charge). Good news: they are good and a pleasure to deal with. Bad news: they are overbooked and it would take you weeks if not months to get them over. And they ain't cheap.
So if you want them to check your Scamp before your May trip - call them today and make sure to tell them you need work done by May - they are honest and they'll tell you if they can help you or not within your time frame.

Good luck and hope your trip is awesome!
Alex in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #3

California
Awesome, thanks so much.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #4

Name: Jenny
Trailer: Burro
California
If you need someone to look at the trailer, I can highly recommend Precision Trailer Hitches and Welding in Sunland. (10919 Randall St, Sun Valley, CA) I have a 1982 Burro and took the body off the trailer to have Jesse and his guys inspect the frame, replace the axle, replace the coupler and add new jacks. I'm really pleased with the work. Good luck finding someone for the body though, if you need that looked after (I did talk with a guy in Pasadena who specialized in Mustang cars, which I'm told are fiberglass. He said he could paint my burro, but I ended up just giving it a good clean.)
Krestow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #5

Registry
For basic running gear, frame, bearings, etc. I would find a utility trailer shop near by. They are often cheaper and deal with trailer daily. For appliances and misc other stuff there's lots of RV shops that are certified to work on appliances.

I had a brake and wheel bearing problem while traveling. We were about 1200 miles from home. I found a little automotive repair shop that took care of the problem for a very reasonable price.

My Scamp was damaged when I guy ran into in a parking lot. I went to boat repair shop, wow they did a great job.

One source that can be expensive is Camping World. And I'm not sure of the quality of their work. But since you're trying for peace of mind they might work for you.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #6

California
Thanks for the tip.

Tags
eco