Just got the call that my scamps ready - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2020, 09:42 PM   #41
MJo

Name: Mary Jo
Trailer: 2020 Scamp w/2004 Volvo XC-70
Massachusetts
just got the call that my scamps ready

Karin, I noticed you’re on the website, what do you think? you’re an old hand at this so have any comments? MJo
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:13 PM   #42

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Tire speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets27 View Post
Didn’t realize I was so poular . Picked up my scamp earlier, towing wasn’t too bad, just had everyone passing me and giving me angry looks. Kept at about 60-65 drove around 5 hours to hixton wisconsin and set up camp for the night. Had some trouble getting level but its just the site so Im a little crooked. Its kind of cold out but the small space heater I got works great. Loving the scamp so far, been dreaming of this day since I first saw a scamp back in like 2013. Heading home in the morning around 10, driving it to my campground lot in indiana, then back to chicago. Will post some pics then, dont know how to do it now. Thanks everyone again for all the support and nice messages. Hope to see some of you around one day.
The tires on mine are rated at 60 MPH max. So you will want to continue your speed. Did you enter Wisconsin at Hudson? I'm just north of I-94 exit 59 at Eau Claire.
Have a safe trip
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:18 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
The tires on mine are rated at 60 MPH max.

You might want to replace them with a modern tire. Most are rated at 81 mph.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:34 PM   #44

Wisconsin
Registry
New tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
You might want to replace them with a modern tire. Most are rated at 81 mph.
Jet27 has a light Scamp, Mine was heavy and I ran the tires for 2 years before I changed and then only because I was headed on a 5,000 mile trip and they were not round. New tires should be OK for normal camping trip use. Also feel of the wheel hubs now and then when you stop so you get to know how hot normal is.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #45
Commercial Member

Name: 27
Trailer: scamp
Illinois

Trying to figure out how to post pics
Jets27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #46

Wisconsin
Registry
It looks like you got it!

Quote:
I could see a new Scamp 50th anniversary edition.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:10 PM   #47
Commercial Member

Illinois
yeah I figured it out, didnt know if it would show. Will post more soon.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:24 PM   #48

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJo View Post
and you’re in Illinois !!!! Backus is so close to you !!!! come on, take the trip, you’ll be so glad you did.
I live in northern IllAnnoy and its still 600 miles to Backus... still I've been there several times.
When we bought our trailer in 2003, we went once to shop, again to order, then when it was built in 2004, we went after work on Friday, picked it up on Saturday, and arrived home on Sunday. Since then we have visited Backus several times , most recently Summer 2019.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #49
Commercial Member

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I live in northern IllAnnoy and its still 600 miles to Backus... still I've been there several times.
When we bought our trailer in 2003, we went once to shop, again to order, then when it was built in 2004, we went after work on Friday, picked it up on Saturday, and arrived home on Sunday. Since then we have visited Backus several times , most recently Summer 2019.

Yeah 11 hours for me from chicago.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:13 AM   #50

Name: Lesley
New Jersey
There is a new video from Scamp Trailers on YouTube with a walkthrough of some of the new features.
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #51

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
Quote:
Karin, I noticed you’re on the website, what do you think? you’re an old hand at this so have any comments? MJo
I mostly leave the advice-giving to the old hands at this since they're usually quicker to chime in with the same advice anyway. Really busy now with my 'trailer improvements'; new flooring, curtain improvements, scamp logos on my propane tanks, it never ends. Also this time of year, a really thorough cleaning so it'll be ready for spring. and anything else that pops into my head. I did want to mention that Buddy makes a really small portable propane heater that runs off the 1 lb. containers. As long as you have a window open a few inches for venting it'll last for at least several hours. You need to get brave about your traveling before next spring so that you can maximize your travel experiences. After all, you drove all the way to Backus and pulled the trailer home, and enjoyed it. Karin
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #52
MJo

Massachusetts

I will enjoy it. I’m still trying to figure out how to modify my 4 wire hookup to match the 7 wire on the Scamp so I can use my electrical brakes. And then I’ll have to figure out how I’m going to put the Scamp cover on. but in the meantime, I may go somewhere on a weekend just to try it out. How are you? sounds like you are very busy. Scamps are addicting. Your decal idea had me thinking. I live in an area where there are thefts and my 2 new propane tanks are just sitting there, asking for someone to take them. I looked at the Scamp decals and they don’t mention any small ones, so I think I’ll maybe just put my name on them. I am thinking of putting a heavy fiber leaf bag over them. until I think of something betters.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #53

Wisconsin
Registry
Two size decals

Quote:
I looked at the Scamp decals and they don’t mention any small ones, so I think I’ll maybe just put my name on them. I am thinking of putting a heavy fiber leaf bag over them. until I think of something betters.
Decals come in two sizes and two colors.

https://www.scamptrailers.com/produc.../decals/page/2
Old 11-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #54

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
Quote:
I will enjoy it. I’m still trying to figure out how to modify my 4 wire hookup to match the 7 wire on the Scamp so I can use my electrical brakes. And then I’ll have to figure out how I’m going to put the Scamp cover on. but in the meantime, I may go somewhere on a weekend just to try it out. How are you? sounds like you are very busy. Scamps are addicting. Your decal idea had me thinking. I live in an area where there are thefts and my 2 new propane tanks are just sitting there, asking for someone to take them. .
The decals I used on the tanks were the older 3 tree designs and under them some of the red striping that I had left over from another project. Karin
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #55
MJo

Massachusetts

sounds like a good way to mark them as yours. by the way, with continued use, the door is working fine, it was just the stiff foam weather strip. Now I can open and close and lock it fine. No problems. MJo
Old 11-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #56

Name: Mike
Trailer: Waiting on 16" Scamp
Colorado Springs
Pick up scamp yourself

We'd love to just go pick up our Scamp 16 but Colorado Springs to Backus MN in December? Meh....
mm2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #57

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:

That is a good looking door!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp