New Parkliner 16 in hands yet? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #21

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
thanks for the reply. i was turned off when i tried to go thru dealer after recent show. i am now considering the egg camper or oliver
I wanted an Eggcamper too but due to health reasons there hasn't been any made for a couple years nor any plans to. I am also working with Oliver and considering spending even more major bucks than the Parkliner.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #22

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
i recently had an email from jim at egg camper he said they are close to announcing production again
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:49 AM   #23

Florida
Quote:
i recently had an email from jim at egg camper he said they are close to announcing production again
Thank you. That is great!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #24

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
A 2820# axle weight to me means a pickup to pull it, not a minivan (or Escape like ours) with 3500# of tow capacity. Our Escape barely does it. By the time I retire we'll have a pickup to tow with.

My new rule - tow capacity of twice the wet weight!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
A 2820# axle weight to me means a pickup to pull it, not a minivan (or Escape like ours) with 3500# of tow capacity. Our Escape barely does it. By the time I retire we'll have a pickup to tow with.

My new rule - tow capacity of twice the wet weight!

Frank
That's overkill! The engineers have already built in a safety factor in the towing capacity. Just because it is a truck does not make it have more tow capacity.
It it says you can tow 3500 lb you can.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #26

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
That's overkill! The engineers have already built in a safety factor in the towing capacity. Just because it is a truck does not make it have more tow capacity.
I respectfully disagree Wayne. We want to tour the Rockies when we retire and I refuse to be under-powered doing it. Our Parkliner puts enough strain on our Ford Escape with the 3500# tow package. I speak from experience.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #27

Quote:
I respectfully disagree Wayne. We want to tour the Rockies when we retire and I refuse to be under-powered doing it. Our Parkliner puts enough strain on our Ford Escape with the 3500# tow package. I speak from experience.

Frank
I would agree on the Escape. Does it have a 6 or 4 cylinder engine?
Old 06-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #28

Florida
Quote:

Frank
I have no experience other than towing Uhaul trailers with my Jeep Renegade. When looking for a tow vehicle for a trailer I do not own yet, nor even know what manufacturer, I insisted the vehicle I purchase have at minimum a 6500 lb tow rating and also be a 4x4. Salesmen continually attempted to tell me that 5000 was plenty for the type of trailer I wanted and a 4x4 was not necessary. I held my ground and now am the owner of a Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 with a tow package rated at 6500. Today I had installed a brake controller which I also insisted on. We plan on traveling all over the continent and therefore will be crossing mountains regularly. We may never need the 4x4 but we have it if we need it. And the last thing I wanted was to excessively labor up a mountain and be scared out of my wits coming down because I could not control the trailer braking system. Non-negotiable. So I say stick to your guns. I am with you.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #29

I guess you don't care about fuel mileage. the more weight you are moving the more gas you will burn. Just stay out of my way.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #30

New York
Quote:
I would agree on the Escape. Does it have a 6 or 4 cylinder engine?
Doesn't make a difference according to Ford. We bought it new with a 3500# factory tow capacity. 4 cylinder turbocharged. Was a very bad decision in retrospect.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It's your money.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #32

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Yes you can tow 3500 lb with Ford escape. 2 ZTR Lawn movers on an utility trailer for example. Or a boat. But not a travel trailer. https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/...scape_Sep7.pdf See "Frontal Area Considerations" section. 30 Sq ft is the Escape itself. Travel trailer will make a wind drag outside of the TV capability.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #33

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
Yes you can tow 3500 lb with Ford escape. 2 ZTR Lawn movers on an utility trailer for example. Or a boat. But not a travel trailer. https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/...scape_Sep7.pdf See "Frontal Area Considerations" section. 30 Sq ft is the Escape itself. Travel trailer will make a wind drag outside of the TV capability.
That is exactly the problem. It was a dude on this forum who towed an even bigger trailer than ours that convinced us it would work fine. It does not.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #34

Name: Dylan
Trailer: N/A
Ohio
Quote:
thats the problem i highly doubt these will be stocked in lots but would love to know answer to this?

Hey Todd,

Yes that is exactly the plan, ParkLiner's would be in stock around the country. In previous experience with our Little Guy Teardrop Trailers brand there would be a few hundred trailers on the ground at dealership lots around the country. We expect the same with the ParkLiner. In the beginning the numbers may not be that high while we slowly increase production but it will increase over time
LibertyOutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Hope you have a plan for tires aging out while the trailers are on the lot. Some of these guys are rabid about getting old.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #36

Name: Dylan
Trailer: N/A
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Hope you have a plan for tires aging out while the trailers are on the lot. Some of these guys are rabid about getting old.

Hey Glenn,

Yes I can see your concern. With our history that has never been a problem. Typically there is a very consistent flow of sales to deplete the dealers inventory, then more come in and get sold, over and over again. Typically you don't see anything sitting on a dealers lot for a very long time, it has happened in the past but it is rare. The typical turn rate we see is around the 90 day mark, at the 90 day mark typically the dealer has sold 50% of their inventory. This is specifically referring to our Little Guy brand again, we do not have these stats on ParkLiner yet. But in reference to your tire comment we actually have a pretty cool program you will see more about in the future. We have partnered with Kenda Tire and they supply us with a premium wheel/tire setup. Their tires have a 5 year warranty from the date of manufacture and a 2 year warranty that starts the day you purchase a ParkLiner or any of our other trailers. But the best part is the Kenda Care, this is very new and more information will be available soon. Kenda Care is a 24/7/365 customer service program with a 1 year "No Questions Asked Warranty" where they will drive out and replace a faulty tire for the first year no matter what the reason is. As I've mentioned before we are very customer focused so we will lend a helping hand to a customer in any circumstance. We truly want you to be a happy camper and want you to enjoy a trailer manufactured by Liberty Outdoors. We have some great stuff coming out soon and can't wait to show you!

- Dylan
LibertyOutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #37

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Is there any pictures of the new Parkliner. When did it go to 16ft.. when I look at one at the factory three years ago they were 15ft. I like the dealer sales as you have some one close to contact with problems. Not like now Scamp is over 500 miles for repairs away. Others are a lot more miles away.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #38

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There are pictures on the website- you may have to look around for the link to the new one. There are also a couple of threads from 2016 with photos as well. Search "new Parkliner."

From what I've read the additional foot of length is all in the frame- longer tongue. The cabin is the same size, but reworked with a flat door and of course, the full double hull interior.

As to when, it seems like the planning began quietly not long after the new owners took over. A prototype circulated on the RV show circuit in 2016, and the first production units should be arriving anytime now.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner