Adding a front table to a Scamp using the Lagun Swiveling Cockpit Table Mounting Syst - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #21

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for the PM about your installation. I just installed the Lagun table in my 13' Scamp and love it. I did reinforce the mounting plate with a piece of 1/2" plywood inside the front storage area. I think that should be enough to displace the weight/forces on the table when in use. I'm glad you talked about storing the table while traveling so it's not putting forces on the front cabinet wall. I'll have to do that too.
Take care,
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #22

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for the PM about your installation. I just installed the Lagun table in my 13' Scamp and love it....,
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:58 PM   #23

Name: Maria
Trailer: Parkliner 2018
Maryland
gordon2 this is EXACTLY what I needed and this is what I’m going to do. Very clear instruction and the perfect accompanying photos for someone like me who is a visual learner but can figure out written instructions. But with the photo I can take it to the hardware store and show them what I need (angle iron) and anything else.

Brilliant! Just brilliant. A thousand thanks!
Maria in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #24

Name: Robin
Trailer: 2013 16ft Scamp
California
Love the mod! Great job. Definitely on my list of upcoming projects. Thanks for sharing.
Campingbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #25

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Just FYI -

When this was first posted, you had to order a Lagun Table from overseas.

Now you can get them from a USA ( Iowa?) distributor.

http://www.lagunusa.com/

I put one in our Scamp 16 Deluxe Layout A (with swap of front sofa/bunks for the usual front dinette.) I think that it would likely work in any front sofa/bunks trailer or any side dinette trailer where you have access to a lower vertical wall location for the mounting plate.

With the swiveling and spinng attribute, for me the trickiest part is/was figuring out the size and shape of the actual wooden table top and how/where to attach it to the top mounting plate. (I have seen one installation where the wooden top was attached to the plate with heavy duty velcro.)

I first cut out a "template table" out of 3/8" plywood and then later created a 1/2" table top (with Minwax Natural 209 stain and Minwax Polycrylic protective finish) that better matches our oak interior. A couple of pictures of the "template table" can be found in the following Google Drive folder.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...EVhNVo1VHQ0WFU

Very happy with the table mount in our front sofa trailer!

Good luck with your own installs!

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:46 AM   #26

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdickens View Post
Just FYI -

When this was first posted, you had to order a Lagun Table from overseas.

Now you can get them from a USA ( Iowa?) distributor.

http://www.lagunusa.com/
IIRC I didn't have to buy it from overseas.. I bought from overseas because it was less expensive to do so. And it seems that is still the case. Direct from MarineTek in the UK its $167.21 delivered to the US. However it is $189 from the Iowa place.. maybe more if they add tax. And it seems they only take PayPal (although you can use a credit card to checkout via PayPal as an unregistered guest).

It appears that the Iowa supplier is Manufacturing truck campers since 1961 | Northstar Campers (same address).

IDK if they are "an authorized distributor" or not.. I might guess they just bought some Lagun table mounts and are reselling them for about $20 profit on each one. Maybe more if they got a quality discount from the table mount manufacturer.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #27

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Gordon,

Thanks for the update/clarification!

I don't know how others think/feel but, when I first saw these table mounts, the idea of ordering from overseas scared me a bit.

I wasn't absolutely sure it would work for us and the idea of returning something to an overseas company and dealing with foreign currency exchange rates caused me to hesitate.

Along with your post and pictures, the pictures on the USA website, the installation examples on YouTube, and the prospect of an easier USA return allowed me to go ahead and put in my order.

Now, I'm disappointed that I hesitated!

Thanks for your earlier post and for the update/explanation!
[emoji5]

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp