Toilet systems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Toilet systems

Well we have had our 25RQ 4 years now and have accumulated about 18K miles. We just returned from a trip and made an interesting discovery when we arrived home.

We always dump our tanks before coming home. We live in the country with acreage so when we return home we have an area to drain and rinse our tanks before parking the camper under the cover. Today when I was draining and flushing the black tank we noticed several maggots come out of the toilet! Interesting since we use treatment in our tanks. Anyway I'm amiss what to do if anything.

1. They eat poop however nasty they are.
2. For them to be in there flys had to find a way in, how?
3. We aren't wormy!

I did start using the orange environmentally friendly treatment two trips ago just for info.

1. Should I mix a cup of bleach in five gallons of water pour it in to kill them?
2. Should I leave them alone, wife is against this!
3. Go back to the little blue balls?

Anyway any info is appreciated.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #2

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
We use Happy Campers when we treat, which is not all the time. It’s just a holding tank, so I would clean thoroughly and let it dry out-nothing for maggots or flies to survive on. Most likely an anomoly, not something like sewage flies in a home septic system. My 2 cents.
Towed by 2018 Chevy High Country Duramax
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #3

Name: Cotton
Trailer: Casita ID
KY
I'd bleach em.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot