Hi I'm JD, looking for a Bigfoot 5th wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: Currently shopping for a Bigfoot 5th wheel
Washington
Hi I'm JD, looking for a Bigfoot 5th wheel

Hi, my name is JD and my wife and I are looking to buy a big foot 5th wheel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

JD
J Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I think there is one for sale in Canada that has been talked about on Bigfoot Facebook groups. I don't have a link, but you can search Facebook.

CindyL
Old 07-07-2022, 06:40 PM   #3

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Good choice.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:41 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Very few built. I've seen 3 dual axle models and one single axle in the last 10 years. I was interested in getting one myself. In fact, I'm still interested but I feel both models would require a full size pick up to pull and I'm not ready to go bigger with a tow vehicle.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 02:33 PM   #5

Name: Jason
Trailer: Currently shopping for a Bigfoot 5th wheel
Washington
Thank you

Thank you Cindy. We did see that but are hoping to find one in the United States and/or someone in Canada who is willing to bring theirs across the boarder. I really appreciate the response.
J Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dudley View Post
Thank you Cindy. We did see that but are hoping to find one in the United States and/or someone in Canada who is willing to bring theirs across the boarder. I really appreciate the response.
It's not that easy. You need to import the trailer into the U.S. Proper forms, etc.

Google it.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:53 AM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
JD, hope you find one in the states, but they are pretty rare down here, and just don't come up for sale very often. However, they are pretty common up in Canada, I looked for two years in Canada before I found ours. Most I looked at needed lots of work due to there age.
My understanding is most did not carry certification for the states, only for Canada, that was the case for the one I imported. To legally import a Canada only certified unit it needed to be over 25 years old to be exempt from that certification. (There's certification stickers on the outside of the trailer)
The customs paperwork really was not bad.
I'll say that it was worth the effort, there a great little 5th wheel, roomy and tows like a dream behind a half ton pickup, hold out for the double axle model, well balanced, I get no up and down sway that most single axle trailers exhibit. I do 80 mph across the desert.
Good luck!
Tom Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:06 PM   #8

Trailer: Bigfoot
Bigfoot FW 26

I have a 1998 FW 26, dual axle, which has been in barn storage for 10 years. Before storage everything was functional. It will need batteries, wheel bearing check and tires. A window in the galley is broken, I have the glass replacement, will need to be installed. Trailer is in very good condition with very little use. We moved to a slide in truck camper to tow boat or Jeep. 3000 series top of the line. Includes hitch,you will need rails for specific truck. $4500 firm. 509-466-5925.
Robert Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot