Scamp black tank size and emptying? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2021, 08:34 PM   #1

Name: Max
Trailer: shopping
California
Scamp black tank size and emptying?

Hello, I'm Max. I am new to this community and to the world of fiberglass RV trailers. I'm looking to buy a scamp 13 foot with bathroom to live on my sister's property for a while. I'm curious how the toilet works? I understand it has a 9-gallon black tank for sewage. Can someone help me understand what the procedure is for emptying this? And how soon will a tank of this size need to be emptied with one person using it full time? Does anyone have any experience with this who owned a scamp?

thanks.
maxwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:02 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwolfman View Post
I understand it has a 9-gallon black tank for sewage. Can someone help me understand what the procedure is for emptying this? And how soon will a tank of this size need to be emptied with one person using it full time? Does anyone have any experience with this who owned a scamp?thanks.
At 1:30 in the video. It is the old style but dumping is the same on almost all RVs.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwolfman View Post
Hello, I'm Max. I am new to this community and to the world of fiberglass RV trailers. I'm looking to buy a scamp 13 foot with bathroom to live on my sister's property for a while. I'm curious how the toilet works? I understand it has a 9-gallon black tank for sewage. Can someone help me understand what the procedure is for emptying this? And how soon will a tank of this size need to be emptied with one person using it full time? Does anyone have any experience with this who owned a scamp?

thanks.
1] The toilet works via a water line attached at the rear which supplies the water to flush. You simple pull up on the lever to run a small amount of water into the bowl, then after you use the toilet push down on the lever to dump the contents of the bowl into the holding tank.
2] To empty the holding tank there is a slide valve under the trailer with a cap attached. You must remove the cap attach a hose with a bayonet style coupler to the line, Place the other end of the hose to a sewage transport tank or to a sanitary sewer line, then open the valve and allow the tank to drain.
When done you should rinse the hose and store it away, then add a quart or two of water into the blackwater tank along with a good tank chemical (like Odorlos) the toilet is now charged and ready for use again.
3] How often depends on how much body waste is produced and how much water is used to flush.
With two of us and careful use we have gone as much as 5 days or so between emptyings.

Depending on what facilities are available you can be sure and "go" elsewhere when you are out and about and save the tank capacity for nighttime use or when you must be in the trailer.

Another solution might be a Porta-Potti which is self contained with a detachable tank which is small enough and sanitary enough to carry to conventional toilet and empty with a push button release directly into a toilet.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp