Oxygen bonair screen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #1

Name: Kayc
Trailer: Oxygen bonaire
Wisconsin
Oxygen bonair screen

My oxygen is missing a screen on the rear driver side window. Does anyone know if replacements can be found? Will I have to make my own?
Kayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #2

Name: Darlene
Trailer: Bonair Oxgyen
British Columbia
Registry
They did not come with screens as that back window is considered the “emergency exit”. I think the window on the other side is the same size, so you could try taking that screen to an awning/industrial sewer to see if they can replicate. Good luck!
Datkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #3

Name: Kayc
Trailer: Oxygen bonaire
Wisconsin
Ah. Thank you! I just bought mine and will camp for the first time tomorrow. I don’t know anything about these.
Kayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #4

Name: Darlene
Trailer: Bonair Oxgyen
British Columbia
Registry
I know several people have had windows pop out during transit (I think primarily the kitchen window), so it's super important to triple-check that your windows are secure before travelling - we always do this while checking tail lights. My husband did something to our windows to "secure" them - I will check with him later.
Datkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #5

Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Registry
I'll second that concern about the windows falling out! Before you go on your first trip, be certain that the hinged side of the windows does not come lose and open. There's a grey latch that, if it pulls out, will release the windows from the hinged side. I wrapped thin wire around my hinge latches to be sure that they don't open. Be aware that that all the windows share this design, not just the kitchen window.

The rear driver's side window is intended to be an emergency exit. That's why Bonair didn't include a screen for that window.

Enjoy your first trip!
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:43 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Have you posted any pictures of your Bonair yet. I sold mine 2 years ago and I'm thinking of finding another one.

Tags
oxygen